Shounen Manga Book Club discussion

Anime > Anime Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Give recommendations for anime you like here. Remember not to ask for recommendations, but rather start a new topic like, "I would like to watch some fantasy anime."

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I know a lot people really like Clannad, but I really loved Kanon, which is also by Key. It was such a deep, bitter-sweet story with some very complex characters. I also like that it only has 24 episodes (the 2006 version), which isn't too long, but isn't too short. It's a good length, in my opinion.

Kanon isn't shounen, but it's still really good and I'd recommend it to anyone.

message 3: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 45 comments I need to watch Kanon! I haven't watched an anime for some time now :(

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I really recommend it.

message 5: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (juvia_winter) | 46 comments I want to watch Clannad and Kannon. They both sound really good. I feel like I am super behind on Anime.

I have been watching Soul Eater lately and when it first started I almost stopped. But as it is going along I am starting to like it enough to be interested in the manga. I would recommend watching it if you like comedies/fantasy. It starts out a little stupid(this is the only word I can think of to discribe it), but if you stick with it, it is funny and the story line is interesting.

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (radiantserenechaos) | 336 comments ♥Jamie♥ wrote: "I have been watching Soul Eater lately and when it first started I almost stopped. But as it is going along I am starting to like it enough to be interested in the manga. I would recommend watching it if you like comedies/fantasy. It starts out ..."

Agreed! Soul Eater has a rocky start, but it gets much better after the first volume/few episodes.

I really like tsuritama. It's a quirky story about a boy coming out of his shell because of fishing. It's colorful, campy, and a ton of fun. :D

message 7: by Anna (last edited Apr 06, 2014 11:23AM) (new)

Anna (AnnaTheHaibane) I recommend Haibane Renmei. Especially if you liked Kino's Journey or Mushishi. Maybe also if you liked Wolf Children
Haibane Renmei is about a girl named Rakka. Rakka has a dream of falling, only to wake up in a secluded town greeted by a group of angelic girls (wings and halos and everything) who call themselves the Haibane. Rakka is also a Haibane, as she soon grows wings and receives a halo.
The whole story is about growing up and forgiveness. The story goes slowly and mysteriously for the first few episodes. But it really picks up after episode 5. It's amazing and beautiful (and not religious, by the way) and watch it.