The Selection (The Selection, #1) The Selection discussion

CELESTE

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Reader the Fish So, everybody is so busy talking about the love triangle between Maxon, America, and Aspen, but there's another person in between... CELESTE.

I want you guys to know what is your thought on this model from Caste 2... And do you think she's for the crown or the Prince's heart?

Reyhaneh She is definantly in it for the crown... I mean come on she's freaking horrible. I'm suprised Maxon kept her for this long.

Reader the Fish I know right...but dot the bad girls stay until the last end??

Reyhaneh Reader the Fish wrote: "I know right...but dot the bad girls stay until the last end??"

Ya... They make the story have more drama than it already does which makes people read more... I guess.

Crystal Gessler she is so evil, i really hope she quits or better gets kicked out!

Ilana i always think that there's going to be some kind of twist when you have a character like Celeste. i'm waiting to see what happens in the 2nd book since i think there's more to her and the relationship than we know.

just think about the bachelor - there's always some undertone there right? like you don't know why she's there and what her motives are but for some reason there's a purpose.

Miniwriter12 Ugh. Hate her. She is pure evilness. I hope she gets out soon. *crosses fingers*

Reader the Fish She's like the evil Tierra in Bachelor Sean.... LOL

message 9: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml She's definately in it for the crown. The only thing I wondered about is her "purity."

Alexia -- I dont really like her she doesnt deserve Maxon nor the crown. Im still mad how she tried to take America's red dress off her !

Reader the Fish That was one of my favorite scenes though...

message 12: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara It was a funny scene. I think she's definitely in it for the crown-remember her reaction after the announcement about financial aid for the Selected. She was SO mad. In The Prince, though, Maxon says he likes her. I think there's a possibility she's hiding something that's crucial to the plot. There's a underlying purpose for her character, I just can't figure it out.

Crystal Gessler Cara i think your right. Wonder if any of the girls work for the north or south?

Reader the Fish All I know is hat Gaia is the rebel leader.

message 15: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara Where's that mentioned? This makes me sound like I haven't read the book, but I don't remember Gaia.

Reader the Fish No, I think she appears in the second book, but on her website and the TV show cast, Gaia is the Rebel Leader.

message 17: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml Cara wrote: "It was a funny scene. I think she's definitely in it for the crown-remember her reaction after the announcement about financial aid for the Selected. She was SO mad. In The Prince, though, Maxon sa..."

I think she's just good at faking. There are people who are good at pretending to be nicer than they really are. She also seems to have some kind of political connections if I remember correctly.

message 18: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara Yeah, Celeste's family, Maxon says, "would be an excellent one to align ourselves with" or something like that. And with the Gaia thing, she's on the Selection wiki, but virtually no information is given about her. Although, if she's already being mentioned, I'm guessing that America will be captured by the rebels.

message 19: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml She's a character on the TV series, so she might not be in the books.

message 20: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara You're right about that. I would guess she's in the books, though, because after all, only the first one is out. There's plenty of room for her to be either introduced or omitted.

message 21: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml I don't know. If you've heard anything about the new series, it's nothing like the books. Maxon is a playboy. They're ruining everything good about him.

message 22: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara Ikr! If there's one thing Maxon is definitely not, it's a playboy. I personally don't think the TV series will be much good, but it could be amazing.

Reader the Fish But there MUST be a rebel leader...whoever it is. And for Celeste, she's gonna end up tricking Maxon in someway, and America has to save him. But I like her character, the book wouldn't be as interesting if she wasn't in it,

message 24: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml I wonder if she is going to try to sleep with Maxon.

Crystal Gessler She better not

Reader the Fish HAha...I think she'll seduce him in someway at least...

Chloe Celeste just makes me wanna punch something. It adds spice to the book, but I just HATE HER! Get out of America's way..

faith Gosh I just hated her after she tried to rip America's dress but I honestly don't think her and Maxon will even work out.. He should have gotten rid of her when America told him to steer clear of her ..

Chloe Iman wrote: "Gosh I just hated her after she tried to rip America's dress but I honestly don't think her and Maxon will even work out.. He should have gotten rid of her when America told him to steer clear of h..."

I know, right! I wish he would take America seriously and understand that Celeste is a jerk! He should get rid of her now, she should be the first to go...

Reader the Fish I guess that's the fun part of all...

Jasmine I am hoping America will end up with Maxon. COME ON! she is the best choice for the kingdom. Dang. Maxon is SLOW. Boys are clueless.

Reader the Fish I reading THE ELITE now...no spoilers plz!!

Chloe Same with me!!!! I am about halfway through on the Kindle

Reader the Fish I think I'm going to hold back my read...the excitement is killing me!! Well, the was this huge scene with Celeste and Maxon that was well...

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) I. Hate. Celeste. She is cunning and ambitious and arrogant. I do respect her though. She is sharp and knows what she wants. I admire her tenacity.

Reader the Fish But with her, it makes the book much more interestin

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) Reader the Fish wrote: "But with her, it makes the book much more interestin"

Yes it does. I do like her in a way... Have you read the Elite?

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) If so, then you know about the real competition that America might have in The One. But, Maxon said that *the girl* would just be his fall back right? And he just needs time to learn how to trust America, right?

Shannon Reader the Fish wrote: "So, everybody is so busy talking about the love triangle between Maxon, America, and Aspen, but there's another person in between... CELESTE.

I want you guys to know what is your thought on this m..."

I don't think she stands a chance, but I think she will be rubbed in our faces for a while lol

Reader the Fish Yep...like a LOT

Reader the Fish I bought it the day it came out, I skimmed through it and read some parts of it!! Their relationship is so shaky!! I'm scared to officially read it. LOL

Ilana i think that she's kept around long enough to placate maxon's father, but i wouldn't be surprised if there was another connection. i don't know if you've read The Elite yet but there's definitely a build up in that one with a 'riveting' scene between her and Maxon.

Reader the Fish I read that scene...I knew it was her from the video spoiler alert from kiera cass. I think she's the kings favorite....though it doesn't surprise me. Sadly.

Shannon Reader the Fish wrote: "I bought it the day it came out, I skimmed through it and read some parts of it!! Their relationship is so shaky!! I'm scared to officially read it. LOL"

You will be even more scared after you actually read it.. I am so book depressed not knowing what is happening..

Reader the Fish Same!! Please check out my new discussion on THE ELITE page, about Kriss.

message 46: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer What I don't get is that Maxon basically hadn't kissed a girl until America, yet he's apparently been going at it with Celeste somewhat regularly? I read The Prince and this just seemed so out of character. Yes, it was just one more layer of conflict, but really. I wouldn't put it past her to fake a pregnancy if she thinks she's about to be sent home. I think this would break Kriss before America though. Plus, I don't understand how royalty aligning themselves with celebrities is a good thing.

Chloe Oh my gosh I never thought about that! I bet you are right, Celeste would so do that. Wow......I never thought about that...

;D

message 48: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Chloe wrote: "Oh my gosh I never thought about that! I bet you are right, Celeste would so do that. Wow......I never thought about that...

;D"

oldest trick in the book :-/

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) I really wanted to reach into my book and slap Maxon across the face. I was hoping that America would do that or knee him in the groin again; he deserves it.

message 50: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara It was so out of character, though. He's normally so sweet and caring...why would he want to 'fool himself that he is loved for fifteen minutes' (not an exact quote...clearly). I think there's something else going on that we'll find out about.

Also, since it would be illegal for Celeste to have, well, gotten pregnant, she would have been treated the same as Marlee. The palace would trust Maxon's word above hers.

« previous 1