Shounen Manga Book Club discussion

Anime > Anime

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Anime is practically its own culture and has picked up a lot of popularity all over the world. Do you like anime? Which are your favorite anime shows? What do you think about manga being adapted into anime? Do you prefer manga over anime? Subs or dubs?

message 2: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 45 comments I love Anime, it introduced me to manga! I love both anime and manga equally, both are just amazing! My first anime was Pokemon and then Cardcaptor Sakura and it went on and on. I think I have watched more anime than read manga

message 3: by Nekokit (new)

Nekokit | 114 comments Anime introduced me to manga as well. ☺
The first ever anime I watched was Fruits Basket, and that eventually got me into manga. Then it also got me into shoujo manga as well.

message 4: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (juvia_winter) | 46 comments I love both, but I am a reader at heart so I prefer Manga. Anime is what led me to Manga. And it all started with Sailor Moon. I think it depends on my mood if I want to watch with Subs or Dubs. I have been watching a lot of Subs on Crunchyroll so I would say I watch the majority of my anime with Subs.

message 5: by Keely (new)

Keely (kiwifruit192) | 17 comments Anime led me to manga as well, which seems to be how most people go into manga. Personally I prefer dubs but recently I have joined a anime society at my university and many of the prefer subs so I am getting used to watching subs.

message 6: by Eriel (new)

Eriel (miarainbow) | 112 comments I actually started watching anime first, it began with Pokemon. I had this gigantic box full of them. As I got older though I got into Rave Master and Inuyasha (which I still watch now). Now I'm like watching everything. If I had to chose I think Fairy Tail is my favorite to watch and read.

message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna (AnnaTheHaibane) My anime craze began with pokemon (I actually traded cards with all the boys in my class- none of the girls played. It was "boy stuff" I guess). I kinda stopped until I was like 12, and then I watched the first FMA. I'm really not that picky about dub over sub- I just usually watch which one is considered better by forums and such.

message 8: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn | 5 comments I never actually started with pokemon, and I only owned a few pokemon cards when I was little. My first anime was beyblade and then Fairy Tail. My favorites would probably be Fairy Tail, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ao No Exorcist, No. 6, or Noragami.

message 9: by k.c.(Kthinker) (new)

k.c.(Kthinker) | 13 comments the first Anime I watched was "Vandread"

message 10: by Mike (new)

Mike | 239 comments Mod
I first watched Here is Greenwood, El Hazard and Blackjack at my college anime club. Beyond those Kino's Journey, Last Exile and Rahxephon are favorites (among many others).

K.c. wrote: "the first Anime I watched was "Vandread""

Vandread was a really fun show, and much more complex than I expected once it got going.

message 11: by k.c.(Kthinker) (new)

k.c.(Kthinker) | 13 comments yeah I really like it. I wish I could find the manga series though