Divergent discussion

Divergent (Divergent, #1)
This topic is about Divergent
The Upcoming Movie!, Divergent > Caleb's Actor has been Chosen!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (last edited Mar 17, 2013 01:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Ansel Elgort is cast for Caleb's role. What do you think about the decision for Ansel to play Caleb?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Are you sure you got that right? Because-from what I know-Arthur Elgort was one of the worlds top photographers in the fashion world, and he was born in the 40's. I googled the name to be sure, but that's all I could find. There wasn't anyone else under that name.

❄☃Sarah Winter☃❄ (imspecial) | 11 comments Yeah, I got that same result. I'm not sure if maybe the name is spelt wrong here, because from my understanding, he is a photographer born in the 40's.

message 4: by An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (last edited Mar 12, 2013 02:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Sorry about that. I meant to type Ansel, but I was reading about a guy named Arthur at the same time.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, so with the new name I did my research. A basically unknown actor, Ansel is related to Arthur (it said son, but I find that questionable since Arthur was born in the 40's...grandson maybe?).
And-as afore said-Ansel has zip in a Hollywood history, he has just wrapped up the production of his first movie, Carrie.
Anyone else think he looks a little too pretty to play Caleb? I know Caleb's supposed to be cute, but this guy's just...well, he doesn't have a Tobias smile, I'll put it that way.

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Livvy {TWD, baby!} wrote: "Okay, so with the new name I did my research. A basically unknown actor, Ansel is related to Arthur (it said son, but I find that questionable since Arthur was born in the 40's...grandson maybe?).
..."

I don't find him that attractive, but that's my own taste. You may have a different opinion.

Maria | 18 comments Marilyn wrote: "Livvy {TWD, baby!} wrote: "Okay, so with the new name I did my research. A basically unknown actor, Ansel is related to Arthur (it said son, but I find that questionable since Arthur was born in th..."
I agree with you, i find him cute enough to be Caleb, but not handsome enough to be compared with Tobias, which is a good thing. In my opinion.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Marilyn wrote: "Livvy {TWD, baby!} wrote: "Okay, so with the new name I did my research. A basically unknown actor, Ansel is related to Arthur (it said son, but I find that questionable since Arthur was born in th..."

I didn't mean pretty as in hot, I meant pretty as in kind of like he thinks he's all that. He seems to have the aura of a guy who thinks he's hot, but I got that from a picture, so maybe it's just me.

Macy | 65 comments I heard miles teller is peter

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Macy wrote: "I heard miles teller is peter"

He is