Shadow Falls discussion

Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls, #5)
This topic is about Chosen at Nightfall
Around Camp > Meet Your Camp mates Hour

Comments Showing 1-50 of 184 (184 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Here you draw names out of a hat filled with your fellow camp mates names. The vampires keep everything completely random.... Unless, that is you're willing to part with a little blood.

message 2: by Booknut (last edited Jun 15, 2013 08:19PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Booknut (booknut101) | 99 comments Chris - the vampire in charge of pairing up campers/students for Meet Your Campmate Hour - was already there, eyes scanning the list attached to his clipboard. He lifted his head when he saw the girls and waved.

"Hey guys," he said, getting to his feet. "You're early."

"Yeah," Alexa said, finding a spot on the ground that wasn't too damp. Rebecca just stared at Chris. Is it because he's a vampire? Alexa wondered. But the red that slowly tainting Rebecca's cheeks told a different story. "Want to give us a clue to our partners?" she asked him, jokingly. She knew what the answer would be.

Chris snorted, rolling his eyes. "Nice try, Alexa. You know the rules. I'm as silent as the grave."
"That's not saying much," she countered, earning a mock glare from Chris.
"Be nice, Alexa. Or I'll pair you with a troll."
"Do any go here?"
"Don't push your luck." Chris' gaze switched from her to Rebecca, who was seated beside Alexa, intently studying the grass. "Hey, Rebecca."

She lifted her head, though her gaze met the air around his head as she avoided his eyes. "Hi...Chris," she managed, giving a brief smile.
"You had quite a few requests," Chris told her.
"Really?" She looked startled.
"Really. Three, if I remember correctly."
"Umm...that's...interesting," she replied, fiddling with a strand of her hair.

"So how long until we start, Chris?" Alexa asked, saving Rebecca from Chris' piercing gaze. Vampires had gorgeous eyes, but it was hard to have them look at you for too long. You began to feel like prey. Or a cheeseburger.

"A few more minutes," Chris replied, checking his watch. "The others should be arriving any minutes now."

Booknut (booknut101) | 99 comments Alexa spotted a tall girl with beautiful purple eyes walk in, hesitating slightly as if she didn't know where to sit.

"Hey," Alexa said, waving at her. "You can come sit with us."

The girl smiled slightly and walked over, taking a seat on the other side of Rebecca. "Hi," she said, tucking a strand of brown hair behind one ear. "I'm Alice. Shapeshifter."
"Alexa. Witch."
"Rebecca. Fae."

Booknut (booknut101) | 99 comments Alexa grimaced. "Ah...witches can," she said slowly, trying not to dwell on her own inadequate skills, "But I can't. It's a spell that takes alot of practice."

Booknut (booknut101) | 99 comments "No," Alexa replied, shaking her head. "It's my second year here."
"Mine too," Rebecca added, wrapping her arms around her knees as she drew them back up to her chest. "We're cabin mates. Us, and Felicia."

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments Jana and Caleb walked over to were the other campers were seated.

Jana spotted Rebecca and Alexa and waved to them.
She sat next to a girl who was apparently shapeshifter acording to her pattern.
"Hey so you're a shepshifter huh? Me too!" Jana said.
The girl tunred around and looked a bit startled.
"Huh? Oh yeah. My name is Alice."
"Im Jana, and this is Caleb." Jana said.
Hey Alexa, Rebecca did you guys donate some blood this time?"

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments "Hahaha after what happened last time? I think Jana's probably not gonna do that again for a while. but yeh its pretty nomal to 'donate' to our fellow vamps. We do it all da time." Caleb said putting air quotes around the word donate.
"Well basically, you can donate a pint o your blood to the vamps so they can rigg this thing make you pair up with the person you want to be with for the hour." Jana explained.

((hey what happed to Sebastian?))

Booknut (booknut101) | 99 comments (Sebastian's still at the cabin. He'll join in later.)

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments ((Ooh... O.o))
((does give blood for Alexa???))

Booknut (booknut101) | 99 comments (Yep ;))

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments "Oh nothing, just an angry witch who almost cursed Jana for stealing her crush..." Caleb said, teasingly.
"Whatver that witch had it coming anyway. I could totally pummel her anyday." Jana said
"Suuuure" Caleb teased.
Alice still looked slightly confused, but did not press on.
"So Alice, wha brings you here to this lovely camp of Shadow Falls?" Jana asks

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments "Uh no. This thing is random unless someone has paid with blood. But they only reveal who is going to be paired up with who only when the names get picked outta the hat." Jana said

message 14: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Al walks up to await the name calling; she's got nothing better to do.

Hope hide behind a tree and waits for her and Al's names to be chosen; she had paid to see her sister. Although Hope is vampire, she has bags if blood hidden for just this type of thing.

message 15: by Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (last edited Jun 18, 2013 06:40AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments Jana looks around to see who else was here fro campmate hour, while Caleb was busy chatting away, to another fae sitting next to him.
She craned her neck around trying to spot either Luna or Felicia, when she saw Al standing off to the side looking bored.
Jana got up and walked over to her.
"Well, well, well, if it isnt her highness the wolf-princess herself, or shud I say demon-princess." Jana sneered
"Shutup shifter, I would keep my mouth shut if I were you. After all, we wouldnt want anything to happen to your friends now do we?" Al spat.
"What's that supposed to mean were ((pronounced same way as were-wolf))?" Jana asked but Al simply shrugged her shoulder nonchalontly examining her cuticles.
"Who were you with that morning?" Jana asked stepping closer to Al, and towering a good head above her.
For a moment, a look of fear crossed her features, before she masked them again and took a step back away from Jana.
"What morning?" Al asked cocking her head to the side, faking innocence.
"Oh you know what I'm talking about wolf. Who was that guy?" Jana asked stepping closer, and trapping Al against the trunk of a tree.
Al frantically looked around, but they were at least 50m away from the rest of the campers, and no-one noticed them.
"You wanna know? Fine I'll tell you, it was Oliver!" Al said and with taht she took-off, and Jana stood there shocked.

Oliver?I knew that guy looked familiar... But wasnt Al scared of him, wasnt he the one who was after her at the town... Luna said she saved Al from Oliver... but... is it? No... wha-
Why was Al suddenly meeting up with Oliver now?
Jana's head was all over the place.

"Hey what are you doing here? They're about to start." Caleb said.
Jana turned around slowly with a haunted expression.
"When did you shw up?"
"Just now. Why do you look so pale? Are you okay?" Caleb asked placing a hand on her cheek, examining her eyes.
Jana had a blank look staring off to the distance, still trying to join the pieces of the puzzle. Caleb waved his hand in front of her eyes a few times "Hello? Anyone in there? Jana?"
"Huh? What? Oh right lets go back?" Jana said and started walking back, but Clabe held her hand stopping her.
"What?"
"Are you really ok?" he asked
Jana didnt want to tell him anything right now until she figured out for herself what was going on, she didnt want to worry him.
"OF course Im fine. Now cmon lets go, or else evry1 will be wondering where we are." Jana said rolling her eyes, smiling.
Caleb smiled, satisfied with her answer and followed her back.

"What was that all about? I was trying to talk to you and you ust left, and then Caleb randomely got up saying and left." Alexa said.
"What were you two doing?" Rebecca asked wiggling her eyebrows
"Oh shutup." Jana said grinning and sait down next to the girls.
"So what did I miss? Did Chris start announcing yet?" Jana asked

message 16: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Al smiled as Jana walked away. Gilt then filled her entire body; she felt alone and missed her family, "How did I get wrapped up in Oliver's battles?"

Hope watched her sister from a far distance and sighed at the decisions Al has made. She couldn't help but smile at the fact that she is going to be aunt though.

message 17: by Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (last edited Jun 19, 2013 05:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments "So what did I miss? Did Chris start announcing yet?" Jana asked
"No not yet, i think he's still waiting for the other campers." Alexa said looking scanning the area. There were hardly any campers here.
"Maybe we're just reallyyyy early." Jana said.

"Hey look who's here!" Rebecca suddenly exclaimed pointing to the side.
Alexa groaned loudly and slumped her shoulders.
"Rebecca put your hand down, and dont make eye contact." Alexa hissed ducking her head.
Jana looked up to see what the fuss was about, when she spotted Sebastian walking towards them.
"Too late!" Jana chimed "He's already coming this way Alexa."

message 18: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments About 15 minutes had passed and hardly anyone else had shown up.
Hope watched her sister closely, hoping she wouldn't run off.

message 19: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna rushed into the clearing to find a large group of people standing around talking. She scanned there faces and found Al standing off by herself.
Luna ran over to Al, took her hand, and back in the direction of the cabins.
Hope watched the fea take her sister and fallowed, hoping to still speak with Al.

message 20: by Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (last edited Jul 01, 2013 09:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments Jana was talking to Caleb when Sebastian came and sat next to Alexa, who was red as a tomato.
Jana couldnt stop smiling, but she thought it was cute. She has it bad for him Jana thought.

She looked around and spotted Luna grabbing hold of Al.
"Hey Luna! Over here!" Jana yelled, atempting to get her attention, but Luna didnt hear her.
Luna looked at Al with frustration, disgust, and sympathy.
Maybe she's finally figured out what 'dog' Al is Jana thought.

"What's wrong?" Caleb asked
"I dunno, but i have a feeling that Al has finally revealed her true colours." Jana replied.
Caleb scrunched his brows in confusion, but nodded anyway.
"C'mon let's go." Jana said, taking Caleb's hand and running after Luna and Al.

(Jana and Caleb followed Luna back to the cabins.)

Booknut (booknut101) | 99 comments Great, thought Alexa as Sebastian took a seat beside her - causing more than a few curious and suggestive glances to be thrown their way. Just great. "Something wrong?" she asked him, striving to remain polite.

Sebastian raised an eyebrow. "Ah...no. Why, should there be?"
"The world must be ending if you're looking for company here," she retorted, gesturing at herself. "Don't you have anyone else to bother?"
"Nope." He grinned. "Besides - I'm meant to be guarding you, remember?"
"Then guard over there."

He tutted. "Now, now, Alexa. Did you donate blood? I hear blood loss can make witches cranky."
"I'm not cranky you - you - " She groaned in exasperation, crossing her arms over her chest. I hate this place she thought. And if Chris pairs me with him I will stake him, I swear.

message 22: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna and Alex fallowed Felicia to camp mates hour.

message 23: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Jake helped Felicia sit then took the seat next to her just as Chris called out their names. Felicia practically beamed at him, he hadn't been lying when he'd said he'd given blood to get her name.

message 24: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna listened for her name, but it hadn't been called yet.

message 25: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Felicia waited with Jake next to Luna to wait until her name was called.

message 26: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments ((Going to bed, I'm drained. Nighty night))

message 27: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments (Night then ^_^)

message 28: by Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (last edited Jul 12, 2013 08:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments Jana and Caleb followed Luna and sat down beside them. She looked across and saw Sebastian was animatedly chatting to Alexa, who was averting his gaze trying to make conversation with Rebecca.

"So, Caleb did you donate too?" asked Jake
"I guess time will tell..." Caleb shrugged with a knowing smile.
"So u did?" Luna said concerned
"C'mon Luna its no biggie." Jana said with a roll of her eyes. "We do it all the time."
"But, doesnt it hurt? And isnt the point of this whole thing to meet other campmates?" Luna pointed out.
"Yeah but whatevr. Its not like we do it evry single campmate hour session, bleive it or not, Caleb does get a bit boring after a while. So once in a while, we just get stuck with the other people." Jana replied grinning.

message 29: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna arched an eyebrow, "oh?"
Alex's name was called, he hugged Luna, "I'll see you in a bit," he kissed the top of her head.
Luna watched him walk away, slightly heart broken that he wouldn't give blood to be with her.

message 30: by Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (last edited Jul 12, 2013 08:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments "Ugh snobby shifter alert." Jana said staring at a girl across teh quad making her way over to Alex.
"What?" Luna asked confused.
"Alex got the stuck-up, totally narcisstic shifter, Jenna." Jana said pointing to a tall, willowy blond.
"She seems nice." Luna said.
"Yeah but dont let that pretty demeanor fool you, she's really messed up." Caleb commented
Jana cut her gaze to Caleb, narrowing her eyes in accusation, "Pretty?"
"Oh... er.. did I say pretty? I meant totally crazy and weird... Ha ha." Caleb said forcing out a fake laugh. "Anyway ur much more gorgeous than her."
Jana rolled her eyes.

"Why dont u think like her?" asked Luna.
"Our families have known each other since forever and she's always been the star child. My parents used to compare me to her all the time, but she was totally two-faced. Like an angel in front of the parents, but a totall snob in front of me. Ugh, she's just so annoying, and not to mention a HUGE flirt. Look she's already fawning over Alex." Jana said glaring at Jenna

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments "Um yeah i know that, I am one. Didnt u check my pattern?" Jana said.
"Oh, I well-" Alice
"It was a rhetorical question." JAna says putting her hand up to stop her.
"Im just saying that blondie over there is." Jana said, pointing to Jenna who was standing really close to Alex, who was leaning away looking uncomfortable.

message 32: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (last edited Jul 12, 2013 08:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Felicia may have said something to Jana about being nicer to people but she was too busy staring into Jake's eyes with a gooey expression on her face, which he was only too happy to return.

message 33: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (last edited Jul 12, 2013 08:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments "Hey," Alex smiled at the shapshifter. "What should we do?" he asked innocently.

Luna watched how nice he was being and got slightly jealous, her face became pail and her eyes began to glow a greeny-orange. She growled slightly.
Her wings were starting to pear out of her back.

message 34: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Felicia snapped out of her Jake induced trance. She looked over at Luna then followed her gaze to Alex and Jenna and groaned. She reached over and tugged on Luna's sleeve to get her attention. "Just calm down Luna, Alex wouldn't do anything with her." She murmured.

message 35: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna blinked a couple times and calmed down, "sorry," she whispered still watching Alex.
Jenna looked over at her and winked, then took Alex's arm and walked away with him.
Luna scrunched up her noes, "I hate her," she muttered.

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments "Um Luna you might wanna calm down, evryone's staring." Jana said.
Luna didnt seem to notice, and kept openely glaring at Jenna.
"Look i know Jenna's an ass and whatevr but, dont worry, Alex, can take care of himself." Jana continued. "He only care about you, Luna. And some stuck-up, blond, shifter isnt going to take that away, okay? So please calm down, at least for Alex's sake. He looks worried." Jana said softly, so only Luna could hear. She pointed to Alex who was staring at Luna worridly, obviously noticing her blazing eyes, and wings portruding from her back

Luna looked at Jana ans gave a faint smile. She fluttered her eyes closed and took a deep calming breath, and opened her eyes again.
Her wings folded into her back again and sighed.
"Thanks Jana."
"No probs. At least someone else apart from me can see how irratable Jenna can be." Jana replied

message 37: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna nodded, trying not to look at Jenna, "they still haven't said my name," Luna sulked.

message 38: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments "Chris will say it soon I'm sure." Felicia said before going back to looking at Jake.

message 39: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna nodded and waited.

message 40: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna heard her name after someone else's, but she wasn't sure who. She looked around feeling lost.

message 41: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments A heavy set girl timidly walked towards Luna. "H-hi, I'm-m D-darla." She stuttered.

message 42: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna smiled, "Hi, I'm Luna," she reached out her hand for the girl to shake it, "I'm fea."

message 43: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments (It's not fea. It's Fae.)

"W-witch." Darla said, shaking Luna's hand quickly and not meeting her eyes.

message 44: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments ((Sorry))

"Where would you like to go?" Luna asked, trying to to by shy.

message 45: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments "I-I d-don't kn-now." Darla said, wringing her hands fro some reason.

message 46: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments "would you like to go to the mess hall and get something to nibble on?" Luna offered feeling hungry.

message 47: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments "U-um ok-kay." She said, still wringing her hands.

message 48: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments "are you okay?" Luna asked watching her hands, "do your hands hurt?"

message 49: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Darla looked down at her hands and her face scrunched like she was going to cry but she took a breath and her hands dropped to her sides. "I'm f-fine. J-just n-nervous."

message 50: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna smiled, "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you or anything. I'm nervous too," she said trying to comfort her, and she was, there was something about meeting new people that always made Luna get a knot in her stomach.

« previous 1 3 4