Faith Hunter's BeastChat discussion

Right now I'm reading.....

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) I'm reading Jungle Freakn' Bride (Freakn' Shifters, #3.5) by Eve Langlais and really liking it.

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna Newport | 7 comments I'm reading Frost Burned. Patricia Briggs. Mercy Thompson series is great!

message 3: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) I'm still waiting for my copy of Frost Burned to get here :(
So I started Eternal Seduction (A Darkness Within Novel, #1) by Jennifer Turner last night after I finished Jungle Freakin' Bride. That was a pretty good, funny, and steamy read.

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna Newport | 7 comments I will have to check it out. I have so many to reads it is scary. I am also reading Kelley Armstrong at the moment. :)

message 5: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) I love Kelly Armstrong. My TBR pile has turned into a mountain!

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna Newport | 7 comments When there are so many good and amazing writers it is hard to just pick one to read. I am waiting for the day. I can meet Faith. I have met Kim Harrison and Patricia Briggs and they are such great women. My chance will hopefully arrive one day. I absolutely LOVE her, she is a wonderful woman and it would be such an honor to be able to do so.

message 7: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) I know me too. I've actually met (in person) Kim Harrison, Jeannine Frost, and Richelle Mead.

message 8: by Jaymie (new)

Jaymie | 9 comments I dug into some "oldies but goodies" that I have been meaning to revisit while I was waiting on my downloads of Frost Burned (Patricia Briggs) and Mountain Echos (C. E. Murphy) to arrive. They are the Fuzzy books by H. Beam Piper (I just love Little Fuzzy!) and Unforsaken Hiero by Sterling Lanier. I also agree with all the other posters in this thread...I haven't seen an author listed yet that I didn't like! :)

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna Newport | 7 comments We (my husband and teenage daughtes) also met Sarwat Chadda and Rachel Hawkins. I have not read any of their books but both girls have and love them

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2 comments Oh I need to buy that one!

message 11: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) Wow, I read some yesterday. I finished Chasing Cassie (Shadowpeak Wolves, #2) by Lorna Jean Roberts this was only a 2.5 star read for me and Nobody's Prey (Liberty Springs, Wyoming, #5) by Kaliana Cole I enjoyed this one more (a 3.5 or 4 star) it's CR though.

message 12: by Sam (new)

Sam (librarymouse81) Yesterday I read Shades of Milk and Honey by Mary Robinette Kowal (loved it...Jane Austen with magic) and I read Pleasure Unbound (which was the alt pick for the Vaginal Fantasy book club this month). Today I'm hopefully going to finish up In Bed With a Highlander by Maya Banks and then finish a decent-sized chunk of The Sweetest Dark by Shana Abe (which will be released at the beginning of April).

message 13: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) I've got three arc's I need to read and for some reason can't get into them :( They're some of my fav authors too.

message 14: by Sam (new)

Sam (librarymouse81) What ARCs do you have? I'm slowly savoring Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead, which isn't out until June.

message 15: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses
Hunter by Jacquelyn Frank
Dark Wolf by Kate Douglas
The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
Wolf With Benefits by Shelly Laurenston

message 16: by Sam (new)

Sam (librarymouse81) Somewhat jealous...I was denied an ARC for The Eternity Cure.

message 17: by Kyra (new)

Kyra | 2 comments Anna wrote: "I'm reading Frost Burned. Patricia Briggs. Mercy Thompson series is great!"

Frost Burned left me feeling like something was missing. That was the first time I felt like that with the Mercy Thompson or A&O series. I think I might need to re-read it.

message 18: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) Mud, I haven't read it yet. Would you mind putting in a spoiler alert, please. I now know how it ends, let's keep that from happening to someone else. ;)

message 19: by Mindy (new)

Mindy Mymudes | 11 comments Oops sorry. Didn't even think

message 20: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) No problem, just add a warning and some blank lines or add the hide spoiler html.

message 21: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie Curtis | 2 comments Just finished frost burned and ever after both good

message 22: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Harrell (kirstenharrell) | 3 comments I'm reading Harry Potter series. Actually, it's my first time and I'm loving them! I have several latest books in some favorite series to read next.
Celtic Witch by Debora Geary (out 3/17)
Wool 8 by Hugh Howey
Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs
and the of course Blood Trade!

message 23: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) I just finished A Bit of Bite by Cynthia Eden (free at All Romance) and Lycan Unleashed for review. I have no idea what to start next.

message 24: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) I'm reading KMM's The Highlander's Touch
and not sure what to start next. I'm torn between Inked Ever After and Lunewulf Law.

message 25: by Anne (new)

Anne | 25 comments I am reading Lover at Last and loving it. The Brothers are great.

message 26: by Anne (new)

Anne | 25 comments There are way too many books and not enough time in the day to read everything I want to - it seems like everyday I learn of a new series to read or I discover a new author. My book list s already 84 pages long.

message 27: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) I know what you mean Anne. I've got books I have to read for review and I just want to get to the ones I want to read. Sometimes I get lucky and I get to review an author I love.

message 28: by Sam (new)

Sam (librarymouse81) My to be read list is up around 800 books right now and seems to grow every day. It would be nice if I could afford to spend a couple years doing nothing but reading.

Right now I am reading Spellbinding by Maya Gold, The Age Atomic by Adam Christopher, and Worlds of Arthur by Guy Halsall. They are all being released in the next week or so. Then I'll really be able to dive into our Book of the Month.

message 29: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) I can't decide if I should re-read More than Meets the Ink before I read the sequel Inked Ever After, or start on a R2R by Molly Harper.

message 30: by Sam (new)

Sam (librarymouse81) Tough decision. Personally, I would say to do both, though I can't help decide which to read first. :)

message 31: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) That my problem!!!!!!!

message 32: by Sam (new)

Sam (librarymouse81) lol...I guess it depends on if you want to read the two books back-to-back or separate them and read More than meets the Ink, then R2R, and follow-up with Inked Ever After. Of course, since I like doing "marathons," whether with TV shows, movies, or books, I would probably read both Ink books together.

message 33: by Anne (new)

Anne | 25 comments I want to finish Lover at Last, then read Twice Tempted before Blood Trade comes out on Tuesday (which I will take on my cruise along with my Kindles). Not enough hours in the day with all I need to do before I go on vacation.

message 34: by Sam (new)

Sam (librarymouse81) Enjoy your cruise...I have to say that I'm just a little jealous. My last cruise was when I was 12 years old and I really enjoyed it. Hopefully you can get plenty of reading done while you're relaxing.

message 35: by Anne (new)

Anne | 25 comments I know I wil be reading a lot in the airport and on the plane alone. We only have three ports of call, so, there will be a lot of time to read between the plays and movies - we are taking a Disney Cruise. (Nope, no kis, just my husband and I.)

message 36: by Sam (new)

Sam (librarymouse81) My cruise was a Disney one as well, and I adored it. I would love to do it again. And yes, the travel time (both in air and on sea) will leave plenty of reading time.

message 37: by Anne (new)

Anne | 25 comments This is our fifth Disney Cruise - we love them. The ships are beautiful,they have great entertainment (which one would expect with Disney), and rotational dinner seating where your wait staff goes with you. They also pick up your luggage at the airport and take it to your hotel room, then ship and vis versa - makes it much easier to travel.

message 38: by Sam (new)

Sam (librarymouse81) That is definitely true. I'd love to take another Disney cruise someday, and honestly, I'm leaning towards one of their European ones.

Well, I guess I'm logging off the computer for the day. Today is the first annual International TableTop Day, so I'm going to go play a bunch of board, card, and dice games with my friends...and maybe I'll manage to do some more reading as well.

I just started reading Assassin's Gambit by Amy Raby and it's pretty good so far.

message 39: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Kulczyk | 8 comments I just finished reading Deadly Sting by Jennifer Estep. If you haven't discovered Gin Blanco yet, do. She's as kick ass as Jane. Right now I'm reading Kitty Rocks the House by Carrie Vaughn.

message 40: by Sam (last edited Mar 31, 2013 06:44PM) (new)

Sam (librarymouse81) I've read Jennifer Estep's Mythos Academy novels but not her adult series. it is on my to-read list though.

message 41: by Anne (new)

Anne | 25 comments I am going to finish Love at Last today - then I will Tempted Twice. My husband just read Kitty Rocks the Houseand said it seems to be another bridging book like the last one. I willhold off on Kitty till I get back from vacation - but, I will be taking Blood Book with me - cannot wait.

Too many books, not enough hours in the day - especially when one has to work - how rude is that?

message 42: by Sam (new)

Sam (librarymouse81) Oh, I understand completely. I try to read on my lunch break when I'm at work, and then when I get home I just want to unwind by reading for a while to relax and it seems like everyone just wants to interrupt me constantly, as if my reading is just a sign that I'm not doing anything so they can just bother me. If I am reading, I just want people to leave me alone and just let me read.

message 43: by Anne (new)

Anne | 25 comments Sounds like my house - my husband has to tell me about the book he is reading just when I get to a really good part of my book - the nerve! I also have an old cat (MacGregor Louise is 14), she has taken to sitting between me and either my books, kindle, or computer - she lays on her side with her head on my arm - and she is old 4 lbs - very small but she is in charge.

message 44: by Tala (last edited Apr 01, 2013 09:58AM) (new)

Tala   (tala2) My husband doesn't read much. It's my daughters that read as much as me, BUT at 12 and 15 they see no problem just starting a conversation with me while I'm reading. Then get upset when I give them that dazed look and ask "What did you just say?" or their favorite "Where you talking to me?"

etc: typo

message 45: by Anne (new)

Anne | 25 comments I read fast, my husband reads faster, and he is REALLY into Zombies lately - odd. He likes a lot of the same series that I do, Jane Yellowrock, Mercy Thompson, Kitty, Betsy the Vampire Queen (before MaryJanice took her books to a very odd place), and he loves the Sookie books - why he has to tell me the story line about what he is reading is a realy good question!

message 46: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) I've got my husband reading the Merry Gentry series by LKH. LOL his view is definitely different than mine. I just started Wolf With Benefits. Funny so far.

message 47: by Sam (new)

Sam (librarymouse81) My dad is the one who constantly interrupts. since my mom is also a reader, she understands and doesn't bother me unless it is actually something important.

So, I've finished reading Spellbinding bt Maya Gold (released today) and The Sweetest Dark by Shana Abe (released tomorrow). Now I'm trying to make a lot of progress with Worlds of Arthur by Guy Halsall (coming April 4th) and The Age Atomic by Adam Christopher (also coming April 4th). What's fun with Worlds of Arthur is that it is my first academic type book since I graduated with my Master's degree in December 2011.

message 48: by Tala (last edited Apr 01, 2013 09:44PM) (new)

Tala   (tala2) Congrats on the Masters Samantha! What's it in? I'm a lowly RN with an assoc. degree. My sister just finished a few years of getting two masters and I don't think I'd want to go through what she did.

ETC: Typo

message 49: by Sam (new)

Sam (librarymouse81) Thanks. I have a Master's degree in Library and Information Science...so I'm a librarian, though I'm still trying to get a job in a library. It is really difficult with today's economy because they want people with many years experience, and they don't count my work as a library assistant in junior high and high school, nor the fact that I've almost literally grown up in a library.

If it weren't for my huge student loan payments and such, I would be trying to go back to school for another degree, most likely a Master's in Literature or possibly creative writing. From there I would consider going after a Doctorate. For now, though, it will just have to be something to plan for in a few more years.

message 50: by Anne (new)

Anne | 25 comments I would so rather be in school than work. I am retiring this year - thank the Goddess, and I hope to enroll in the Culinary Course at one of our Junior Colleges. I wanted to go to Le Cordon Bleu a long time ago, but it was WAY too expensive. The JC is really cheap, and as a result, very impacted. As I only want to do this for me - I can take it slow. I also plan to READ, and Garden a lot more - plus, start exercising (YUCKO).

« previous 1