City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

CITY OF BONES MOVIE!!!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brynne Okay, I have a serious question. Does Jamie Campbell Bower (the guy who plays Jace) have blue eyes in the movie and not gold??? Cuz I saw in the trailer that he had blue eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jahnavi Yeah, apparently Cassandra Clare and the director thought that eye color didn't matter more than acting and since Jamie Campbell Bower was "perfect", they didn't want to lose him just because of eye color and not everyone can wear different eye colored contacts because it supposedly narrows your peripheral vision and that would make it hard to film action scenes, so yeah... He does have blue eyes.

message 3: by Locapoka (new) - added it

Locapoka Personally I don't like movie adaptations of books. I saw the trailer about two months ago and I did not like it. But I hope that I will be proved worng when I go watch the movie. I really hope that they keep the book closely pertinent to the book.

Meagan I thought that the 2 main characters from the tv show the 9 lives of chloe king would have been perfect for Jace and Clary... they are Skyler Samuels for clary and Benjamin Stone for Jace... they seriously would have been absolutely perfect

Brynne Herondaleslover wrote: "Yeah, apparently Cassandra Clare and the director thought that eye color didn't matter more than acting and since Jamie Campbell Bower was "perfect", they didn't want to lose him just because of ey..."
Thanks! I was just sad that Jace wouldn't have the gold eyes to match his hair!!!

Danielle irene i cant beleve that they are gonna make a movie based on this series. one half of my brain is like yay, and the other is like ow no they are gonna destroy the movie like they did the vampire diaries the show is good ya but it is nothing like the book.

Brynne I think the cast looks promising. Except maybe for Alec. He seems a bit too old to pass for a 17 year old.

Danielle irene yay he dose look to old to pass as 17 :)

Brynne Yeah. But I think the rest are pretty much good.

Danielle irene yay i agree

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt. I wasn't too happy about the Hunger Games movie, but then it turned out to be pretty good.

FreshKicks Nicole di Angelo wrote: "I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt. I wasn't too happy about the Hunger Games movie, but then it turned out to be pretty good."

Bro u just read my mind....

Sophie Brynne wrote: "I think the cast looks promising. Except maybe for Alec. He seems a bit too old to pass for a 17 year old."

Um, no! Not only can he pass for 17 but he looks mature, as Alec is portrayed in the book. Although, Clara is not the look I was expecting.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Clara?

Angela Brynne wrote: "I think the cast looks promising. Except maybe for Alec. He seems a bit too old to pass for a 17 year old."

Kevin is 28. And so is Godfrey (Magnus) who is also 28. They are perfect for each other.