The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) The Lost Hero discussion

in the movie, Alex Pettyfer as Jason

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tanya Morgenstern I think it would be a good idea!

Caraline why did u make this thread 3 times?!

message 3: by Arden (new) - added it

Arden no!! way to old Jason is like 16!(sorry if I'm wrong there but I think he is about that age right??)
I could see the features of Alex played for him but Alex himself is way to old.

Kezia Why people always imagine book characters as Alex Pettyfer?? :|

message 5: by Hannah (new) - added it

Hannah why do people fancast alex pettyfer in everything? he cant even act, and he's said he doesn't want to do "teen" movies anymore because he wants more ~serious roles. you know, like a male stripper. also yes, alex is too old to play jason.

Kezia Hannah wrote: "why do people fancast alex pettyfer in everything? he cant even act, and he's said he doesn't want to do "teen" movies anymore because he wants more ~serious roles. you know, like a male stripper. ..."

Well said, Hannah :) Yes, he's fancast as literally everything

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

In all the MoA and TLH fan-made trailers, they always show clips of Pettyfer in I am Number Four. WHYYY?

Alexyss NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Maddy Close well i mean it would be cool... alex pettyfer has played as a 17 year old before.. its not much of a difference

message 10: by Elan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elan NOOOOOO!!! Alexander Ludwig would be great! He's my ideal Jason.

kirstin ✿ NO WAY. I would have chosen Josh Hutcherson for the role, his Peeta personality - the seriousness, sweetnes, etc - kind of matched with Jason.

Ingrid Quez Right josh hutcherson fits as jason i imagined him that way
But oh well.....

message 13: by sim (new) - added it

sim Too old. And that's just not the way I pictured Jason. Alex Pettyfer when you look at him, doesn't look like a demigod. Just a really handsome mortal! *_*

Mikela Way too old. Just because Alex Pettyfer has played teenagers when he's in his mid twenties doesn't mean he should. No offense, but why does everyone think that he should play every cute, blonde teenage boy from EVERY book?

BubblesTheMonkey sorry, too old. If he was a little younger, maybe.

kirstin ✿ This is not about Jason at all... but if I were to cast the characters based on the actors/actresses' real age I can see Chloe Moretz as Annabeth!

Dtgurlwhoplzmc OMG YES!

But Logan Lerman must--I REPEAT, MUST--be percy.

Annnnndddddd, I wouldn't mind if Mozes Arias played Leo. I think he'd be good, actually.

message 18: by sim (new) - added it

sim K i r s t i n wrote: "This is not about Jason at all... but if I were to cast the characters based on the actors/actresses' real age I can see Chloe Moretz as Annabeth!"

WOW! That is THE perfect Annabeth in the world!!!

kirstin ✿ Don't worry, I love Percy the way he is now! Grover could be Jayden Smith lol. Kidding.

Addie I find Alex too old to play as Jason. And I didn't really picture him as Jason when I read the books. It doesn't matter though since he has said he wasn't going to do movies based on books anymore.

Emily Warren ok, Alex guy is SUPER CUTE I guess he would be a good Jason, although too old, and no flippy hai. lol

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Alex would probably be the best actor I could think of to play Jason. But then again Alex looks almost 30 and Jason's 16

message 23: by E.j. (last edited Jul 14, 2013 12:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

E.j. He DEFINITELY looks like he could be a Jason with that sort of serious Roman face, but I agree that he looks MUCH too old. He looks more like Jason all grown up, not 16.

Jennifer Nope no no no no no no.

Jason is ... I don't think he's suppose to be a blindingly handsome character ... ?

Maybe more like ... well yeah, handsome but charismatic and bold? Like it's not his features that's important but his presence or something. I don't even know what I'm saying anymore. ;v;

notyourfriend Lol, Annabeth said it the best when describing Jason: "He's TOO perfect."

Donita Chang Pettyfer would be good... If they did a scene when they are older. Jason is suppose to be 15. Maybe younger. But Pettyfer's look can only get him (and this is my opinion) to as young as 17. Maybe 16. And if Pettyfer should be in a book-to-movie movie, he should be in TMI (Mortal Instruments). Jace is suppose to be 17. I think.

message 27: by sim (new) - added it

sim Donita wrote: "Pettyfer would be good... If they did a scene when they are older. Jason is suppose to be 15. Maybe younger. But Pettyfer's look can only get him (and this is my opinion) to as young as 17. Maybe 1..."

I couldn't agree more with the Jace thing. I just hate that they cast Jamie Campbell: he's way too not good looking to be Jace... although Pettyfer refused to play Jace so it isn't the moviemakers fault but still Jamie Campbell? :(

message 28: by Gabby (last edited Jul 16, 2013 02:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gabby Nightlock wrote: "Donita wrote: "Pettyfer would be good... If they did a scene when they are older. Jason is suppose to be 15. Maybe younger. But Pettyfer's look can only get him (and this is my opinion) to as young..."

Jamie got the role because he's a good actor, unlike Alex Pettyfer. Don't get me wrong, he's very attractive but would you want an actor that looked the part but couldn't act like it? I wouldn't...but that's my opinion.

I think he couldn't play Jason either for the same reason. AND the fact that he's way too old.

Donita Chang Nightlock wrote: "I couldn't agree more with the Jace thing. I just hate that they cast Jamie Campbell: he's way too not good looking to be Jace"

That's the same thing my sister said.

*悲剧的面具*~{thingAWESOME}~ I would say yes but i fear he is just too old.

Sorry Alex baby! ='(

Bookcrazed Yay, heck ya, he's HOT!

message 32: by D (new) - rated it 5 stars

D No.