YA Bookaholics discussion

Archives > Romances

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Romance of any kind is so common in books, so here's where you can discuss your favorite books and favorite couples.

What are your favorite couples?
What kind of romance do you prefer: love triangle, love at first sight, forbidden love, hate-then-love, or any others?
Which do you like better: a romance that is set more in the background or a romance that the the book revolves around?
What do you like about books with a romance in it?

Examples:

Rose and Dimitri from the Vampire Academy series
Tris and Four from the Divergent series
Clary and Jace from the Mortal Instruments series

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Clary and Jace!

hate-then-love or forbidden love

a romance that is set more in the background

They're good. and it's hard to find a book that doesn't have a romance in it, so they kind of grow on me Lol

message 3: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (clouddinosaur) Ty and Gemma from Ruined by Lucy Christopher! It was so nerve racking because you wanted them to be together even though he was her captor!

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Daemon and Kat I love this couple the hate-hate, than hate-love which turned to complete love. It attached my heart or something. Everything they have been throughout together even when they were not together

message 5: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 341 comments Same with me. That is what I liked about the series.

message 6: by Luna (new)

Luna Cakegood (Luna_Cakegood) | 50 comments I love the hate-then-love relationship and I'm not really a big fan of love at first sight. Forbidden love is always interesting and love triangles can turn out pretty awesome if written right. My favorite love triangle is the Will, Tessa, Jem one from the Infernal Devices

Claudia the Night Owl (claudiamancilla) | 102 comments I love Enemies to Lovers, I like when books are all about the romance and I can't pick a favorite couple there's just too many that I love evenly.

message 8: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) What are your favorite couples?- Ron and Hermione, Percy and Annabeth, Tris and Tobias
What kind of romance do you prefer: love triangle, love at first sight, forbidden love, hate-then-love, or any others? - Forbidden love, love at first sight. :)
Which do you like better: a romance that is set more in the background or a romance that the the book revolves around?- Background!!
What do you like about books with a romance in it?- Um, can't say!!!

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) In the middle of reading last night, I suddenly felt like reading a YA contemporary romance--the kind that completely revolves around the couple. This really kind of sucks because I'm in the middle of not one, but two dystopias .

I just feel the need to read something quick and fun, with no paranormal/dystopian elements. Does anyone else ever get that feeling?

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth I've been on that kick for a bit now I know exactly what your talking about

message 11: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 341 comments Oh yeah I get that feeling often. I read few books paranormal or dystopian and suddenly I feel like can't I read something easy, normal-that-happens-in-daily-life kind of , something simple,sweet and quick that will leave me with a good feeling not cliffhangers. I finished VA and then I wanted to start bloodlines but felt like taking a break from paranormal situations and creatures.

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I think I'll be reading Just For Now by Abbi Glines soon. I also have the next two books in the Pretty Amy series (well, one is a novella). So, I'm looking forward to those.

Thankfully, one of the many read to review books I have right now is a contemporary romance (but I believe it's going to be a sad one).

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth I liked the sea breeze books I feel in love with the story but the first one ended badly and made me really mad

message 14: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 341 comments You mean Breathe? I think it ended just fine . Or maybe that I haven't read the other books of the series .

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I didn't like Breathe that much. It's probably because I read the next two in the series before I got to it. It just felt a little disappointing.

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth no fallen to far is what I was talking about

message 17: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 341 comments Oh ok. That means I'm doing the right thing by going serial wise. I won't be disappointed ;P

message 18: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth I read them out of order to I read just for now first and then the rest so Breath wasn't what I was expecting but it was a sweet story it didn't feel complete though to me at least about how things worked out with her in school and him on the road and I also noticed in breath Sadie and Amanda weren't the best of friends but latter they act like they are best friends instead of Marcus

message 19: by April (new)

April Hernandez | 100 comments Hate-then-love and forbidden love

Nora and patch from the hush hush series

message 20: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 341 comments HYR lux series by Jennifer l Armentrout ? @April . It has hate-then-love relationship!! Bonus- Constant Bickering between both the characters even after love ;P

message 21: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Oh, that's a good one.

Chloe Fandom Queen I love forbidden loves and hate-then-love romances. I'm really not into love triangles...some are good but they get boring and annoying after a while.

Favourite couples...uh...probably Riley and Beck (Demon Trappers) and Ridley and Link (Beautiful Creatures).