African American Romance discussion

Impact…

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (reinehaitienne08) | 29 comments Mod
What was the most impactful story you read? What story made you feel real emotion?

message 2: by Debbie (new)

For me that would be Trouble Don't Last Always by Francis Ray. The characters had so much realness that I felt their emotions jump from the pages. I found myself crying along with them and being joyful when they were too. This wasn't like any other romance I had read before. The passion in this story was on a completely different level.

message 3: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Bevier-wimbush | 11 comments For me it was an Short story named A Promise for Tanya. The story had me in tears and holding my daughters and grand baby to my heart even more then I already had them. I will let you judge for yourself just read it then you will see why it made me love my babies even harder. A very good but sad story.

message 4: by Debbie (new)

Wow Andrea! I just finished it and it affected me so much even though it was very short.

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Bevier-wimbush | 11 comments I was so heartbroken for that Baby. I wanted to jumbo though the book and beat the hell out of the sorry good for nothing mother. lastly I wanted to award the teacher and the uncover cop. for a short story it sure has a long impact on me.

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Bevier-wimbush | 11 comments jump though I meant.

message 7: by Debbie (new)

I agree

message 8: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Bevier-wimbush | 11 comments For me to know that something like that really goes on in this world makes my stomach sick and my angre is really uncontrollable. People are sick Ms Debbie. The fact that I have 2 daughters and a granddaughter makes my heart hurt because if something were to happen to them in any way I would be in jail flat out! What kinds mother would do something like that to their own baby?

message 9: by Debbie (new)

Someone that doesn't deserve the title mother! I'd like to think I'd react the same way when I have children.

message 10: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Bevier-wimbush | 11 comments Ms Debbie you would and I will tell you that growing up I dealt with abuse not from my parents but others and going though that made me have a lot of awareness.

message 11: by Latricia (new)

Latricia Borner (lborner) | 4 comments While I am a little late, I am new to this group and would love to share my most impactful story. It would have to be 'Blues Dancing' by Diane Mckinney-Whetstone. Verdi and Johnson tranlate love in ways I've never heard of like the smell in the air. It was an amazing love story and is worth the read.