StateTalia! discussion

State (City/province) Charries > State Applications

Comments Showing 1-50 of 109 (109 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

HetaMusicFan *Addicted to Thoughts* ( ●_●†)૭ (hetamusicfan) | 215 comments Mod
Here's the application for your states! And, wait for me and only me (Ya know, Hetamusicfan~) to approve of them.

--------

State Name:

State Age:

Birthday:

Human Name:

Human Age:

Sexuality:

Appearance:

Personality:

Good Traits:

Bad Traits:

Dislikes:

Crush(es): (Please make this historically accurate and remember, the states aren’t all siblings. Most of them aren’t even related, so having a state crushing on another state isn’t that bad)

Pet(s):

Other:

--
Questions:

*What is the state’s motto?

A:

*What is/are the state’s nickname(s)?

A:

*Who founded the state?

A:

* These are needed to be answered with link to where you found your information, unless you’re from that state and already know the answer (Like how I’m from Rhode Island, and already learned history about it)

State Name: Rhode Island

Full Name: The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations

State Age: 236 (From declaring independence) or 222 (From admission into the Union)

Birthday: May 4th or May 26th

Human Name: Nicholas Jones

Human Age: 18

Sexuality: Straight

Appearance:

Personality: Rhode Island could be described as lazy from some people’s perspectives. Others could say he’s just very carefree and relaxed. He doesn’t care which one you call him; they’re both true anyways. He loves lounging around his beach house in Newport and Warwick or in his home in Providence instead of doing work, but he does get outside everyday to do something productive, even if it’s just for a quick morning walk which it usually is.
Rhode Island cares for his family members, but doesn’t like when he gets teased by them for two things: 1. Being called either Shorty or Little Rhody, and 2. The whole old joke about him being ‘part of New York, which he is not, and he will be sure to make it clear to you if you even mention it.
His favorite family member is probably Massachusetts, since he sees her the most. The thing he doesn’t like about her is how she had to invent basketball instead of him… They do fight, though, about a lot of things. Same with a lot of New England. It might end with him calling Massachusetts a "Masshole" or something like that, but both know that (usually), he doesn't mean any harsh words he says,

Good Traits: He’s always himself. I mean, he has to be himself, since everyone else is taken~~
Rhody’s a pretty go-with-the-flow kind of guy. He always makes good out of bad situations, or at least tries.
His self-esteem is pretty high, so if you don’t like him, then just leave him alone. He won’t care for you if you won’t care for him.

Bad Traits: Well, he’s pretty lazy~ Laziness is never good.
He’s probably the worst with doing things on time or keeping a schedule. He is a huge procrastinator and probably always will be.
Sometimes he says things that he doesn’t mean, which sometimes causes trouble within the states (Mainly New England), like when he was fed up with the other states in the Union. He said that he would leave and almost did, but then had to apologize to everyone.

Likes: Hasbro, Food, Sailing, Golf, Tennis, Other Sports, Toys, No due dates for things, Animals, The Ocean, Coffee Milk, Starbucks, Del’s Lemonade, Dunkin’ Donuts, Quahogs, Fishing, Boats, Relaxing time, Extra relaxing time, Breaks, Etc.

Dislikes: Projects (Like the ones where you have to get it done in, like, two weeks), Assignments, Mornings, A lot of work, Being teased about his height, Being short in general, People thinking he’s a kid, Etc.

Crush(es): Oooooopeeeeeen~

Pet(s): He has many, but his favorite is his Rhode Island Red chicken named Tew~

Other: I’ll put it down when I know~

--
Questions:

A: Hope~

A: The Ocean State or Little Rhody.

*Who founded the state?

A: Roger Williams was the founder of Providence, the capital city, but other people founded different cities (Like how Samuel Gorton founded Warwick).

message 3: by Heartblade ♬(ノ゜∇゜)ノ♩ (last edited Mar 12, 2013 08:27AM) (new)

Heartblade ♬(ノ゜∇゜)ノ♩ (heartblade) | 163 comments State Name: Missouri

State Age: 192

Birthday: August 10th

Human Name: Abigail Jones

Human Age: 16

Sexuality: Strait

Appearance:

Personality: Missouri is a bubbly and fun loving girl. She can be really naive. And she doesn't hate people unless they give her a reason too, and it has to be a good reason, because Missouri doesn't like the thought of hating someone.

Good Traits: Abby is very trust worthy and loyal, once your her true friend, she's not going away for a while.

Bad Traits: Her naivety can get her in trouble, she can also be too trusting of other people, even strangers.

Likes: Her family (At times...), her apple farm, apples, the outside, books that her sister gives to her, and music.

Dislikes: Bullies, being stuck with nothing to do, and long,boring lectures.

Crush(es): Open?

Pet(s): A pet mule named Maggie.

Other: TBA

--
Questions:

A: Salus populi suprema lex esto, which translates to, The welfare of the people shall be the supreme law.

A: *sighs* Here we go... "The Show Me State", "The Cave State", "The Lead State", "The Bullion State", "The Ozark State", "Mother of the West", "The Iron Mountain State", and "Pennsylvania of the West".

*Who founded the state?

A: Father Jacques Marquette and Louis Joliet

:O You changed her picture! :OOO

Hibari Hanana *(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ* (pichu799) | 11 comments > o < SUGOI~

IS IT OK IF I RESERVE ALASKA~?

Heartblade ♬(ノ゜∇゜)ノ♩ (heartblade) | 163 comments Yeah~, I think it matched her personallity more, even the little braids at the sides of her head because she likes to have it braided.

message 8: by Spellfire, (new)

Spellfire, what the hell is a Hufflepuff? (Spellfire) | 144 comments ((could I make Forks and Maine pwease? Yeha ik the Forks isn't a state but he's one of my favorute OCs and he is part of a state :3))

((Of course! Maine's a state, so just use this application, and use the city application for Forks! :D))

AAAACCEPTED! ACCEPTED! YOU JUST GOT ACCEPTED! A-C, C-E, P-T-E-D ACCEPTEEED! :DDD

Heartblade ♬(ノ゜∇゜)ノ♩ (heartblade) | 163 comments XDDDDD *confetti goes everywhere* YESH YESH YESH!!!! XDDDDD

message 14: by Spellfire, (last edited Mar 12, 2013 09:21AM) (new)

Spellfire, what the hell is a Hufflepuff? (Spellfire) | 144 comments WOOO HOOOOOOOO ACCEPTATION!!! :DDDD

ACCEPTED!!!

Heartblade ♬(ノ゜∇゜)ノ♩ (heartblade) | 163 comments YAY!!! A BALLOON!!!!

message 16: by Spellfire, (new)

Spellfire, what the hell is a Hufflepuff? (Spellfire) | 144 comments XDDDDDDDDDD

Heartblade ♬(ノ゜∇゜)ノ♩ (heartblade) | 163 comments *hugs the balloon* Mine.

Heartblade ♬(ノ゜∇゜)ノ♩ (heartblade) | 163 comments DX NUUU! MY BALLOON!!! *rolls on ground, in mud* NUUUUUUUUUUUU!

message 21: by Ashten (new)

Ashten (coddiwomple) TEXAS. MINE. RAWR.

OKAY. I'LL SAVE TEXAS FOR YOU.

message 23: by Ashten (last edited Mar 12, 2013 10:01AM) (new)

Ashten (coddiwomple) State name: TEXAS

State age: was added in 1845, is the 28 state.

Sexuality: straight as can possibly be

Human name: Jack (Jackie) Oliver Jones

Human age: 19

Capital: Austin

Birthday: December 29, 1845

Personality: In general, Jackie is very courteous and friendly. He has a big open heart and wants to share it with everyone. He has a lot of pride in his country, his state and God. A word of advice, don't diss any of them. He won't take shit from anyone and is the most stubborn person in the world. Jackie is best friends with the truth and is very hardworking. He'll tell you how it is and won't skirt around the nasty bits. Despite things today, he still believes in that old west pioneer spirit and the American dream.

Good traits: very hardworking, not lazy in the least, he very kind and has a warm personality, loyal, honest, smart (ever heard of UT?)

Bad traits: he's stubborn and honest to a fault, he won't budge on his own values and is big on what he thinks is right (even if he's wrong), he has a bit of a temper but only gets mad about certain issues

Likes: Wide open spaces, music (Austin is one of the music capitals ^^), BBQ, cowboy paraphernalia, horses, football, dancing, mexican food, working hard for the good of anything, singing, his many guns, big food ((everything is bigger in Texas, think about that, think about how the big the food can be, think about it... ;D ))

Dislikes: crowded places, the cold, long lines, Mexico, lazy people, that there white stuff them northerners call "snow", anybody that disses God, America or Texas

Appearance: Is 6'2" and is tanned from working in the sun, his eyes are the blue of an old west sky just like his father, he has short dark brow wavy hair that pokes out from under his hat. His face has a strong jaw line and he's a wee bit scruffy but not in a creepy way like France, and of course he has that American Hollywood smile.

For clothes he always wears dark wash levi's jeans and a red/black/white/grey plaid shirt that is un-bottoned two at the top. He has a big ol' black leather belt with a faded oval brass buckle. His favorite cowboy boots are dark tan with black detailing and his cowboy hat looks like the one in the link below:

http://www.spencerswesternworld.com/c...

Enemies: he kinda loves everyone ^^' but the exceptions to that would be Russia and Mexico

Siblings: the fifty nifty states and America of course!

State Motto: friendship (I'm not kidding :D)

Nickname: The Lone Star State

Founder: Stephen F. Austin

message 25: by Ashten (new)

Ashten (coddiwomple) Yay!!!! Muchos gracias!

De nada! (I've just started learning Spanish, so that's probably wrong...)

message 27: by Spellfire, (last edited Mar 12, 2013 10:30AM) (new)

Spellfire, what the hell is a Hufflepuff? (Spellfire) | 144 comments UNLEASH THE BALLOONS! >:D

UNLEASH THE BALLOONS!

Haters to the left

((lol sorry I needed to go to dinner :P))

Heartblade ♬(ノ゜∇゜)ノ♩ (heartblade) | 163 comments (( Dinner? Already? Well... I do have a friend that lives down the street to me that eats dinner around four so~ *shrugs* ))

*steals a balloon* Mine!

*Get blow darts ready* >:DD

message 30: by Spellfire, (new)

Spellfire, what the hell is a Hufflepuff? (Spellfire) | 144 comments NU! *protects the balloons* MINE >:D XDDD

D:> *Hangs head in shame, and scurries off to the Spam topic*

message 32: by Spellfire, (new)

Spellfire, what the hell is a Hufflepuff? (Spellfire) | 144 comments Ash wrote: "State name: TEXAS

Capital: Austin

Birt..."

Oliver...I see what you did there XD

Heartblade ♬(ノ゜∇゜)ノ♩ (heartblade) | 163 comments *hugging my balloon to me, hissing at anyone who dares to touch it*

message 34: by Spellfire, (new)

Spellfire, what the hell is a Hufflepuff? (Spellfire) | 144 comments XDDDD

message 35: by Spellfire, (new)

Spellfire, what the hell is a Hufflepuff? (Spellfire) | 144 comments QUICK! TAKE THE BALLOONS! PROTECT THEM FOR MEH WHILE I'M MAKING FORKS, RAYLEIGH AND EASTWOOD! XDDD *throws you the balloons which fails, making the balloons bounce everywhere. Adiós!

Heartblade ♬(ノ゜∇゜)ノ♩ (heartblade) | 163 comments NUUU! THE BALLOONS!!! *starts grabbing as many as possible*

message 37: by Ashten (new)

Ashten (coddiwomple) Spellfire wrote: "Ash wrote: "State name: TEXAS

Capital: ..."

XD Oh you noticed my subtle add in.

message 38: by Spellfire, (last edited Mar 12, 2013 11:52AM) (new)

Spellfire, what the hell is a Hufflepuff? (Spellfire) | 144 comments XDDD Hell yeah. :P U go girl X3

State Name: Oregon

State Age: 154

Birthday: February 14th

Human Name: Emma Belshee

Human Age: 17

Sexuality: Straight

Family (Just adding for me~): Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho (From the Bannock people), California (Because of the Shasta people), and Washington State (Because of the Chinook people). They're all like her half-siblings~

Appearance:
(Young Oregon (Just imagine that there's a sunset or something and it's making her hair and eyes like that when she really should be green eyes and brown hair~))

(Oregon Now)

Personality: Oregon is quite the dreamer, you could say. Her ideas could be called frivolous and just weird, but to her, they work in some strange way. Apparently Oregon just sees things differently than the other states, which sometimes makes her an outcast amongst them. But don’t worry, when she’s not being called a ‘granola cruncher’ or a ‘tree-hugger’ or even a ‘hipster’, the other states get along with her pretty well.
Oregon is also very eco-friendly, and even in her biggest city, Portland, you’ll find acres and acres of rose beds. She might not be the strongest state out there, but if you diss the environment, she’ll (try to) unleash all hell on you (It never works).
One more thing about this very, erm… Strange? Odd? Unique? Whatever… This state is that she’s a helpless romantic, and if you do something that she considers romantic, Oregon will be wrapped around your finger in a heartbeat. Of course that means that she’s prone to heartbreak, and yes, it’s happened before, but since she’s not sure of the concept of true love, she’ll go back to them time and time again.

Good Traits: She’s eco-friendly. Go environment! It’s good that even though some people think she’s weird, Oregon tries her hardest to be nice to everybody, and lastly, she has an artist’s mind (Even though she isn’t some wonderful artist or musician or anything), so she has spurts of creativity.

Bad Traits: She can be a little odd at times, as you now know. She’s also pretty gullible and will fall for almost anything because she can’t bring herself to see that they’re lying. However, her worst trait would have to be that she’ll go back to people no matter how much they’ve hurt her if they just say that they’re sorry.

Likes: Cycling, The environment, Plants (Especially flowers, and especially roses (Portland, Oregon is called ‘The City of Roses)), Cheese, Animals, Beavers (Yes, it’s separate from animals because it’s beavers), Hazelnuts, Lighthouses, Milk, Square Dancing, and swimming.

Dislikes: Self-serve gas stations, Practical people... Going to add more

Crush(es): Well, I can’t really say. It’s a very sudden thing, and she’ll keep it hidden until she knows the other person’s true feelings, so yeah.

Pet(s): An American Beaver named Woody~

Other: Since she has the most ghost towns in the US, Oregon can see ghosts (To some extent). No, she doesn’t know magic or anything, but yes, can see ghosts.

--
Questions:

A: “Alis volat propriis” (Latin) or "She Flies With Her Own Wings.” (English)

A: The Beaver State, the Union State, the Pacific Wonderland, and the Sunset State.

*Who founded the state?

A: Well, even though Juan Rodríguez Cabrillo was the first to see Oregon, but I couldn't find the founder. I do know that the 'father' of Oregon is Dr. John McLoughlin~

Heartblade ♬(ノ゜∇゜)ノ♩ (heartblade) | 163 comments (( XD SHE'S GOT A POKEMON!!! >.< ))

((REALLY? I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST A RACCOON OR SOMETHING, BUT OKAY!))

Heartblade ♬(ノ゜∇゜)ノ♩ (heartblade) | 163 comments To Be Finished Later

State Name: New York

State Age: 1664

Birthday:

Human Name: Aveline Jones

Human Age: 22

Sexuality: Strait

Appearance:

Personality:

Good Traits:

Bad Traits:

Dislikes:

Crush(es):

Pet(s):

Other:

--
Questions:

A:

A:

*Who founded the state?

A: Peter Minuit

message 43: by Ashten (new)

Ashten (coddiwomple) Can you save me California? XD

message 44: by ♠▐ Cᴏʟᴅ Aɪʀ (last edited Mar 20, 2013 02:58PM) (new)

♠▐ Cᴏʟᴅ Aɪʀ (somethingtoruminate) | 10 comments State Name: California

State Age: 498 (Discovery), 163 (Statehood)

Birthday: September 9th, 1850

Human Name: Katheryn Jones~

Human Age: About 17-ish

Sexuality: Straight~

Appearance: Owning up to her nickname "The Golden State", Katy has golden colored hair, and surprisingly salmon pink eyes (representing the beach sunsets). Her skin is perfectly tanned, but slightly paler in the winter. Katheryn also has a California poppy bracelet, which she is quite fond of. There is a scar/burn mark on the right side of her jaw from the San Francisco earthquake/fire in 1989. She is terrified that another devastating earthquake like that will happen, and is quite wary of the San Andreas Fault Line.

Katy is usually seen wearing dark blue jeans, a team jersey (currently her favorite is the San Francisco Giants) and gray Vanz. She sometimes wears a snapback that matches the team jersey.

(view spoiler)

Personality: Katheryn, or Katy, is rather sarcastic, but quite fun and athletic, as she loves sports. Also known as the "Golden State", she often finds herself quite attractive, but in a joking kind of way. Some even say California is the most beautiful state, because it’s charming and because it has it all from iconic beaches and fascinating cities to picturesque vineyards, rugged mountains, quiet forests, marvelous lakes, remarkable parks and dramatic deserts. Besides, the Golden State is home of some unique destinations such as Hollywood, Disneyland, Yosemite National Park, Napa Valley wine region and the charming San Francisco Bay area, to name but a few. However, this is mostly in her opinion.

Going against the stereotype that America is full of idiots, she is quite smart, but only if she wants to be. Katy is a bit rough around the edges, but can be kind a nice, and can sometimes be seen a little sad, remembering the time where she was once part of Mexico.

Anyways, Katy is totally laid back, often spewing words like "Dude", "Y.O.L.O.", "Chill", etc. She hates it when people pollute, especially at the beach, since she loves surfing. Somewhat loud and obnoxious, she is like her father. Much like not many countries like him, not many of her siblings like her. *foreveralone* :(

A little thing to add too~, Katy is pretty childish at times, whining and sometimes hyperactive. She often indulges in child's play, like tag, hide-and-seek, and kick-the-can (she likes to be multi-cultural, and she learned this from Japan). This includes random bursts of excitement, laughing, dancing, cheerfulness, and pouting when she loses (XD)

Good Traits: Well, Katy is a rather sweet person, with good intent at heart. She is willing to stand up to any B.S. and defend anyone who will approach her as a friend. Katy is also a pretty fun person to hang around, willing to do a lot of things like break dancing, singing, and pretty outrageous stuff. She is also against pollution, especially when it's at the beach. "It interferes with a good time at the beach~!"

Bad Traits: Well.... Katheryn is seen as pretty obnoxious. As said before, she is most like Alfred Jones, obnoxious and not much liked by the other states. Katy will act like she has the highest self-esteem ever, but in reality she is pretty sad person. And another thing.... A lot of... uh... filming (I mean the not-so-good kind...) happens at her house... So... Yeah....

-Sleeping
-Snacking
-Pocky
-Music
-Dancing
-Parties
-Awesome action movies

Dislikes:
-Being told she is "Not awesome"
-Being unliked
-Being "lame"
-Party poopers
-Uncool things

Crush(es): ((Explanation/relations here~)) (view spoiler) As of right now, undecided. ^_^ But... She is quite fond of Mexico, as she used to be a part of him... That sounded wrong. XP
Tumblr_lzjzrjr3hy1rn6d36o1_500_large
(As you can see, we have California's hand on the right. The question is, who does the other hand belong to? :O )

Pet(s): A grizzly bear named "Oso"
((Ignore the random people...))

Other:

--
Questions:

A: Eureka! ((I'm not kidding XD))

A: "The Golden State", "El Dorado State", "The Land of Sunshine and Opportunity", "Golden West", "Grape State", "Land of Milk and Honey", "Land of Fruits and Nuts", "Where Stars Are Buried", "The Cereal Bowl of the Nation" (my personal favorite~ XD), "The Eureka State", "The Bear State (or Republic)"

*Who founded the state?

A: The founding fathers of California were William Henry and Colonel Stephen Kearney’s force. They were the first people to do accurate mapping of the area of California.

**A proud Californian~! I hope to roleplay her the best I can~!**

Um, well, Ash had posted right above you if I could save her California, but I hadn't seen that she had posted, so... I mean, I'll accept your California if Ash is fine with it, but if she isn't, then she wouldn't be accepted... D:

♠▐ Cᴏʟᴅ Aɪʀ (somethingtoruminate) | 10 comments Okay...

♠▐ Cᴏʟᴅ Aɪʀ (somethingtoruminate) | 10 comments It's okay~ If I can't use her I'll try and see if I can make another OC with some of Cali's info.

message 49: by Spellfire, (new)

Spellfire, what the hell is a Hufflepuff? (Spellfire) | 144 comments She sounds awesome anyway! I bet Maine and her would be great friends! (they're both loud and obnoxious and they like partying and surfing (even in Maine's waters are freezing he wears a wetsuit) XDDD)))

♠▐ Cᴏʟᴅ Aɪʀ (somethingtoruminate) | 10 comments :D Yup!

« previous 1 3