The Doctor Rules!!!!!! discussion

Who Actors > Alex Kingston

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 1146 comments Mod
Today 11 March 2013 is Alex Kingston's big 50th Birthday. She shares her birthday with John Barrowman (Capt. Jack Harkness) and Douglas Adams.

message 2: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 38 comments All such great personailities~

message 3: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (serenity77) | 202 comments Alex Kingston is 50?? Really??

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

What??? That doesn't seem right

message 5: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 38 comments I loved her on ER back in the day as well

message 6: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 116 comments She looks gorgeous. All that beautiful hair.

message 7: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) I knew she was older than Matt Smith but I didn't realize that much older. She's terrific and I love her accent. I too enjoyed her on ER

message 8: by Elysia (last edited Mar 14, 2013 06:06PM) (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) I can't believe she's 50. O_O No one looks their age now and days! That's neat, she shares her birthday with John Barrowman, lucky girl. :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

50? And how old is Matt Smith? Like 20ish? That's got to be awkward... I really hope I age like her!

message 10: by Lynne (last edited May 25, 2013 03:14PM) (new)

Lynne Stringer Matt Smith will be 31 in October. He and Alex seem to have good chemistry, so I don't think it will trouble him too much!

Matt Smith born in 1982 so Lynne is correct he will be 31 on his birthday this year in October.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 12: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) you might actually say that it's robbing the cradle and a cougar both. *LOL* Doctor Who sees Melody Pond as a baby, so he marries her when she grows up; that has to be him robbing the cradle. And Alex is so much older than Matt that some might say she is being a cougar. The loveliness of Doctor Who ... you can have it both ways!

ϻαđίѕσи ~ I'm gonna be free, and I'm gonna be fine, but maybe not tonight I don't care how old she is, i think it's still cute them being together and all I mean. and you wouldn't know and can't tell that she's 50 anyway I mean she obviously looks older than him but not 50.

message 14: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer You've got to remember, too, that we take this from the point of view of the characters, not the actors. In that case, the Doctor is older by a long way, seeing as he's 900 and something. It's difficult to guess River's age upon her death, since she had the ability to regenerate for a while before taking on her current form.

ϻαđίѕσи ~ I'm gonna be free, and I'm gonna be fine, but maybe not tonight yep I totally agree! 100%! but I was just saying that some people find it weird like how off set they are still all flirtsy with each other but I think it's cute.

message 16: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) I too think it's cute. I am a little confused about something though: Maybe I missed it but when have we seen the character regenerated. I guess she must have if she is shown as older than her own parents. Now that is what looks odd to me, when she calls Amy Pond "Mummy". But again it's something I like about the show. It's funny too because I don't like sci-fi as a rule but on Doctor Who everything seems to work. We know they are going to have the two doctors 10 and 11 work together in the Anniversary which will seem really odd. Wouldn't it be funny if Alex Kingston was in that episode? Can you imagine the two of them both reacting as Alex says "Hello Sweetie". (Alex and David looked cute together too).

Karen,
I think you need to rewatch "Lets Kill Hitler" (if you haven't seen it well that is the ep that explains some of your questions.

message 18: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer Wibbly wobbly timey wimey and all that!

ϻαđίѕσи ~ I'm gonna be free, and I'm gonna be fine, but maybe not tonight :) I just hope that she's coming back though because people are saying that she isn't :*(
But I also think that Moffat needs to bring yer back because there are still so little questions that have been answered about her and knowing Moffat he would have given her of all people a huge sad end. but it also seems wrong to see her without Amy and Rory. maybe I just haven't adjusted all the way yet but I really really liked her with them.

Another year 11 March HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX! (And John Barrowman)

message 21: by Greensparksjp (new)

Greensparksjp | 43 comments "Hello Sweetie. "