David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
This topic is about Through the Ever Night
Buddy Reads! > Through the Ever Night Buddy Read!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Jenny, Karen and I are starting a buddy read of Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi on Friday, March 15th if anyone wants to join us! It's the sequel to Under the Never Sky :)

Teri That was a great book - liked it better than Under the Never Sky.

message 3: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cool! Can't wait :)

message 4: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
Can't wait! So excited! I checked out the book from the library today!

message 5: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yes!! Glad you found it!

message 6: by Karen’s Library (last edited Mar 12, 2013 07:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
I have such a busy work week so can't wait until Friday night when I can finally stop working and settle in to a good book with no interruptions! My copy is ready and waiting!!

message 7: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hehe I hope the rest of the week flies by! Hump day tomorrow :)

message 8: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hehe I hope the rest of the week flies by! Hump day tomorrow :)

message 9: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Me, too! We start spring break on Friday, so only 2 more days left! Woohoo!

message 10: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Woot woot!

message 11: by Bee (new)

Bee (nbeewrites) Starting Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi now so I can join you guys with the sequel friday!

message 12: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aww yay! Hopefully you like it enough to read the sequel :) Although I've heard the second book is much better than the first, which was just OK for me.

message 13: by Bee (new)

Bee (nbeewrites) David wrote: "Aww yay! Hopefully you like it enough to read the sequel :) Although I've heard the second book is much better than the first, which was just OK for me."
So far I find it very confusing. xD And it doesn't hold my attention very well.

I actually need to thumb back through the first book for a quick refresher before starting on Friday. :) I read the last one in April 2012. Yikes.

message 15: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bieke {call me B.} wrote: "David wrote: "Aww yay! Hopefully you like it enough to read the sequel :) Although I've heard the second book is much better than the first, which was just OK for me."
So far I find it very confusi..."

Lol then you might be skipping the sequel! It's definitely not for everyone and like I said, I liked the plot and the world created, but not the characters so much :) I'm hoping I'll like the sequel much more as I've heard good things :)

message 16: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karen wrote: "I actually need to thumb back through the first book for a quick refresher before starting on Friday. :) I read the last one in April 2012. Yikes."

Ooh I might need to do that too now that you mention it!

message 17: by Bee (new)

Bee (nbeewrites) David wrote: "Bieke {call me B.} wrote: "David wrote: "Aww yay! Hopefully you like it enough to read the sequel :) Although I've heard the second book is much better than the first, which was just OK for me."
So..."

It's just that I expect some background information when I read a dystopian book. How the world became that way, a more detailed description of the world,... Now I feel like they've thrown me into the story head first. xD

message 18: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (last edited Mar 13, 2013 03:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

LOL so true! Hope you're wearing a helmet!

message 19: by Bee (new)

Bee (nbeewrites) David wrote: "LOL so true! Hope you're wearing a helmet!"

Lol. I'll push through. I like it, but it's just a bit confusing. xD

message 20: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bieke {call me B.} wrote: "David wrote: "Bieke {call me B.} wrote: "David wrote: "Aww yay! Hopefully you like it enough to read the sequel :) Although I've heard the second book is much better than the first, which was just ..."

I like the info, but I prefer it later on in the story. If you get a whole bunch of background right in the beginning, it starts to feel like the author is talking to you, and not the characters. I really like living in the characters heads when I start a book. I know it will start to make sense if I keep reading. Hopefully!

message 21: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

David wrote: "Karen wrote: "I actually need to thumb back through the first book for a quick refresher before starting on Friday. :) I read the last one in April 2012. Yikes."

Ooh I might need to do that too..."

I read it on January 1st of this year! It was a great way to start the year for me! Did you guys read the short story, Roar and Liv? It talks about how Liv was sent away before the events in Under the Never Sky. I really liked getting to know Roar better, as its mostly from his POV

message 22: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I haven't read it but I've been meaning to :)

message 23: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh, you definitely should! Its a quick read!

message 24: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cool, I love those quick novellas!

I have it on hold at my elibrary. I was hoping it would come in before Friday! I could cram in a quick novella before Friday! *fingers crossed*

message 26: by Bee (new)

Bee (nbeewrites) I don't think I'm going to join you guys. I didn't enjoy the first book enough lol. My review is up! http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 27: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

No worries, maybe we'll catch ya on the next buddy read!

message 28: by Bee (new)

Bee (nbeewrites) David wrote: "No worries, maybe we'll catch ya on the next buddy read!"

Yeah, depends on what book it is of course. XD

message 29: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm ready to start reading!!!

I could interrupt my others to start! I do that ALL the time as it is! Let me know if we're starting early!

message 31: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hehe no don't start early or you'll finish before me! Lol :)

message 32: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

LOL, I'm definitely starting tomorrow, absolutely exhausted tonight! I might just reread something...but I can't wait to start tomorrow!

message 33: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

LOL I'm glad you two speedreaders are preoccupied so you'll start on the planned day haha! I'd planned on cheating and start tonight, but a guest post, selling signed books, and a blog tour got in the way lol :) I'll start tomorrow too!

message 34: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Poor David, couldn't get his head start! ;)

Hahahha... Finally finishing up with work so I'm going to read a bit and see if I can finish up Anna and the French Kiss tonight. I will be soooooo glad to see the end of my work day tomorrow evening.

Don't anyone start tooooooo early tomorrow!! :-P I have another long work day coming up so it'll be evening before I can relax, put my feet up, and turn on my Nook!

message 36: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenny wrote: "Poor David, couldn't get his head start! ;)"

*sticks out lower lip like a spoiled brat* Booo!

message 37: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karen wrote: "Hahahha... Finally finishing up with work so I'm going to read a bit and see if I can finish up Anna and the French Kiss tonight. I will be soooooo glad to see the end of my work day tomorrow eve..."

I'll start writing at 8ish tomorrow so I can get in my 3k words before Adele's birthday lunch! Then the afternoon will be all about her, so no reading, none at all *stuffs Kindle into back pocket* absolutely no sneaking any reading :)

message 38: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

David wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Poor David, couldn't get his head start! ;)"

*sticks out lower lip like a spoiled brat* Booo!"

LOL I can so picture it!

message 39: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Okay, I'll wait until evening to read it...I have plenty of other books I'm reading :)

Jenny wrote: "David wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Poor David, couldn't get his head start! ;)"

*sticks out lower lip like a spoiled brat* Booo!"

LOL I can so picture it!"

Adele needs to take a picture of that look! Hahahah...

message 41: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lol please no! Too embarassing!

message 42: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

OK I started! I'm 14% in (through Chapter 5 I think). Wow, I'd really forgotten how unique this world is, I really, really love it! You've got the virtual reality realms away from the real world, the outsiders, much more real and in touch with nature, and then the dark and unforgiving aether storms that don't discriminate against anyone (everyone feels their wrath). Although nothing much has really happened, I'm totally in the world. Minor thoughts (view spoiler)

Starting now! ;-)

message 44: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

YAY!! It's pretty fast reading :) I'm taking a break to watch Downton Abbey Christmas special! Then back to it :)

Good, I can catch up then and maybe even pass you! Bwahahahah...

message 46: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

starting right now!

message 47: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Noooo! I want to finish first for once! I guess I finished Anna first, but only because I got a HUGE headstart lol :)

Laura | 17 comments lol funny I just started this book today as well and didn't know you were doing this... tho I have been reading kinda slow this year (happens when your planning a wedding as well lol) Ill try and keep up with you all :) happy reading

Yay, Laura! The more the merrier!

message 50: by Karen’s Library (last edited Mar 17, 2013 12:44PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

David wrote: "OK I started! I'm 14% in (through Chapter 5 I think). Wow, I'd really forgotten how unique this world is, I really, really love it! You've got the virtual reality realms away from the real world, t..."

Ok, I'm caught up to you at least. I, too, had forgotten how interesting this world was. This was one of the first YA dystopian books I read after hunger games, and since then I feel like I've grown so much in recognizing interesting concepts and worlds! Really enjoying all the different senses!

I agree, David about Aria. I remember not really liking her that much in the first book. Now that she's not a Mole anymore she's much more likeable.

Really enjoying this so far!

« previous 1

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Under the Never Sky (other topics)