Relentless (Shattered Hearts, #2) Relentless discussion

Did this bother you too?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Somi (last edited Mar 11, 2013 08:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Somi Maybe it's because I'm already leaning towards Chris Knight, but I can't seem to get over Adam's behavior at the Hookah Lounge.

I shake my head as we cross the street toward the hookah lounge. “You think you have me figured out because you sent me the right kind of flowers and you guessed that I dropped out of school? Well, let me tell you something, Adam, you know the Claire Nixon that moved here three months ago. And I’m starting to think that’s all you’ll ever know.”

When we arrive at the hookah lounge, he opens the door for us to go inside, but he refuses to look at me. We sit at a booth with a low table in front of us and Adam immediately snatches the menu off the table. Senia cocks an eyebrow at me as she begins to sense the tension between Adam and me as I scoot closer to her and farther from him. I shake my head so she doesn’t mention it and she rolls her eyes.

“Cranberry juice shisha? What a fuckin’ joke,” Adam says as he tosses the menu onto the table and reaches into his pocket. “I’ve got something that doesn’t sound like a fucking drink mixer.”

He tucks his hand behind his back as the waitress comes by and asks for our order and what kind of pipe we’d like to smoke out of. I don’t say a word because I won’t be smoking any of it. Adam orders a water pipe and points at the first flavor on the menu: Kiwi. As the waitress leaves, his eyes follow her ass for a few seconds before he turns back to us.

“Don’t they have water in this place?” I ask, suddenly parched.

This is on Page 96, Location 1226 on my kindle.

Lacey Yep, he was being a total asshole. But then Senia explains in the restroom that he's acting that way because he's in love with Claire. Yeah, right!!! Never knew checking out another girl's ass (especially in front of girlfriend) was a form of affection. It's almost like Adam has a switch that can be flipped and then he goes from being a great boyfriend to out-of-control jerk. Guess that's what anger management is for!

Somi Lacey wrote: "Yep, he was being a total asshole. But then Senia explains in the restroom that he's acting that way because he's in love with Claire. Yeah, right!!! Never knew checking out another girl's ass (esp..."

Exactly!

Anabel I honestly hadn't noticed that (maybe I read the book too fast) but now I am totally going for Chris. I was undecided before but seeing that and remembering other little things about his character...TEAM CHRIS!!

Janae Yea, Adam doesnt seem ready! He has alot to figure out and Chris is the perfect gentleman! He really does still love her and she should choose him! I love him and am Team Chris all the way!!

Angi Somi wrote: "Maybe it's because I'm already leaning towards Chris Knight, but I can't seem to get over Adam's behavior at the Hookah Lounge.

I shake my head as we cross the street toward the hookah lounge. “Y..."

I totally agree, I am team Chris too..I thought Adam was Awesome and could be tender..like his ring- olive u forever..but really?? It's too much too fast- they don't know each other that well when you really think about it..Like the good and the bad like she knows with Chris.. with Adam there's all these RED FLAGS in the details..It shocks me that so many have jumped quickly to Team Adam,,The anger issues, I just don't think they've been together long enough for her to see how that could be be with him and like it said in the book by her gf..your spoiled, Chris spoiled you..he's patient shoot he waited on her for 2 yrs. Before they even had sex..A few people have said he's(Chris) the past -time to move on with her future-Adam..but because of her selfless love she felt for Chris SHE pushed him to go after his dream..he wasn't a cheater or abuser therefore they broke up an moved on , He was the love of her life..if I had to guess..I think it will be Chris and I think Adam will end up with that girl from his work that followed him like a lost puppy..but it will sure be interesting to see how she ties this up, CAN'T WAIT!!!(:

Aretha melina yeah because claire is a two timing bitch. She slept with bothe of them which is quite annoying for me

message 8: by Serena (last edited Jun 22, 2013 09:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Serena Grey I remember that part! Seriously, checking out the waitress is kind of Non-Hero behavior.
I love these books, but in Pieces of Me I got really disappointed in Claire. Right now I don't think she deserves any of the two guys. Just a couple of weeks and she couldn't wait! I feel bad for Adam.

Still Team Chris for life.

valeria I loved Adam!!!

Littleinterruptions I have only read the first book but was I was team Chris since then. I'm actually quite glad that I'm not the only one. Yay :)

Team Chris :)

message 11: by T.K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.K. Rapp I need to read the second book...because despite that action, I've been Team Adam! I think I'm gonna have to read this one on the plane instead of writing. :(

I might come back Team Chris....