YA Bookaholics discussion

Archives > Divergent Movie

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Jessica  (stuckinotherworlds) | 858 comments Mod
What do you think? What would be your dream cast? Do you want the movie to happen?

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I don't really come up with dream casts, but I'm really excited for the Divergent movie. There's only been a few confirmed cast spots filled, though. Sometimes I really hate waiting to hear who gets cast. :(

message 3: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Yea I hate it when they come up with someone who doesn't fit the description whatsoever.

message 4: by Jennie (new)

Jennie (jenniebean25) well they have already choosen shailene Woodley (sp?) as Tris which I'm not sure about... I like her as an actress but didn't think of Tris being played as someone like Shailene. I guess I gotta see it to believe it :-P

message 5: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

I'm more worried about who's going to play Four. The movie would be upsetting. :(

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Whoever does play him better do a good job, or else he will make so many fans upset.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Guys we have more casting news! Tori, Christina and Caleb!

http://www.divergentfans.com/profiles...

message 8: by Jennie (new)

Jennie (jenniebean25) I've never heard of any of those people but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I agree with you guys on who plays the role of Four though. Any thoughts on which actor you would like to play the role?

message 9: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Well apparently Alex Pettyfer might play the role but I don't really like him that much. I'm not really sure.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

They've cast a 28 year old called Theo James

message 11: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 341 comments He doesn't fit to play Tobias.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

He sort of does, I think they can make it work. Grow his hair a bit and get rid of the beard

message 13: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 341 comments Whatever they do . They should make him look younger.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

A longer haircut I think will make him look younger and what I said before about the beard

message 15: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

I don't like him at all! No offense to those who like him but he looks to old and he looks nothing like how I imagined Four. I am seriously regretting being happy about this movie. They are probably going to mess it up like most of the other book/movies. =(

message 16: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 341 comments He disappointed me too. :((

message 17: by Eden (new)

Eden (edentorres) I don't like him either. But maybe with a good makeover he will look more like I imagined. They picked him for a reason, so we'll have to see...

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't watch it yet-how was it?

message 19: by Maryam (new)

Maryam (littledhampire_) | 3 comments I don't wanna watch it don't wanna ruin the book

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I saw it. It was good.... As a movie because it really ruined some stuff that was in the book

message 21: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

i havent watched it yet

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

This is my second favorite movie. The only movie I loved more than Divergent was The Fault in Our Stars.

message 23: by ➳Halina➳ (new)

➳Halina➳ They left out way too much! They actually made the knife scene but then didn't put it in. :( I actually thought the casting was perfect.

e l -illcallubymine (ellaistired) Casting was great! Not perfect, but great! One pet peeve which is really small but I found it annoying to me, Will and Al looked exactly the same! And the I got a bit confused. That threw me off a bit. I didn't cry, but it really wasn't supposed to bring tears, but keep you on the edge of your seat, so that was understandable. They left out things I was looking forward to. I thought that all of initiation went by TOO FAST.

message 25: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (last edited Aug 13, 2014 10:57AM) (new)

I just watched it and it wasnt really anything special. Everything was good tho also four wasnt the way i imagined him to be. Tris was so young compared to him

e l -illcallubymine (ellaistired) Four was NOTHING how I thought of him.

message 27: by ➳Halina➳ (new)

➳Halina➳ That was almost exactly how I imagined Four, except he could have been more developed in the movie.

message 28: by e l -illcallubymine (last edited Aug 13, 2014 11:01AM) (new)

e l -illcallubymine (ellaistired) HE NEEDED BLUE EYESSSS and also I though of his hair as kind of shaggy.

gtg for a bit

message 29: by ➳Halina➳ (last edited Aug 13, 2014 11:02AM) (new)

➳Halina➳ But his hair got shaggier in Insurgent, he kept an Abnegation cut while he was in the first book, remember?

e l -illcallubymine (ellaistired) i know but i didn't think of it all slicked to the side and stuff.

message 31: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

I know. It kinda messed everything up. The book was wayy better, i just looked up the differences, they were pretty huge

http://www.sugarscape.com/main-topics...

message 32: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

He looks so angular and old.. sigh and too dark

message 33: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Im hoping if i stay wil be good, the trailers look amazing!

message 34: by ➳Halina➳ (new)

➳Halina➳ Yeah. I liked the book... but it was just a book to me, so I rated it four stars. :/ The movie looks good, too.

message 35: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Are you looking forward to any other movie book releases?

message 36: by ➳Halina➳ (new)

➳Halina➳ I'm going to be reading The Maze Runner, and the movie looks really good, too.

message 37: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

It does! The movie looks better than the book :P

e l -illcallubymine (ellaistired) ☁Halina☁on a roller coaster that only goes up ♥ wrote: "I'm going to be reading The Maze Runner, and the movie looks really good, too."

The book was really good, only I couldn't get into it until maybe halfway. That book really surprised me. I stopped reading it TWICE. Then when I got t 50%, I was like MIND BLOWN. That half was so flippin' good rated it 5 stars. But the movie looks amazing, as well.