YA Bookaholics discussion

Archives > Book Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Jessica  (stuckinotherworlds) | 858 comments Mod
What books would you like to discuss or do a group read on??

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Hmm, maybe Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Slide (Slide, #1) by Jill Hathaway The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg or The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman ? I haven't read any of them, but I have them.

message 3: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Ok well what do you think about using them for a group read?

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) There should probably be a Book of the Month (or two) that members get to make suggestions for then vote on polls. That's how I see it done in other groups.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) So those four books are just suggestions for a read we could do for March.

message 6: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Ok! Some of your books will be added to the vote and I will add a few other books that other people recommend.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I recommend Crewel by Gennifer Albin its an amazing book
Sorry if I've already mentioned it here I can't remember I have the worst memory and I'm on my phone now so I can't check

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

The Mortal Instruments!!!!!/Infernal Devices!!!!!!!!!! unless you've already read them...

message 10: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (Lexi-with-a-lisp) | 1 comments read Delirium by lauren oliver. its a trilogy and you will nt be able to put it down

message 11: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (clouddinosaur) OMG I think Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu would be good!

message 12: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Great we will keep that in mind!

message 13: by Jennie (new)

Jennie (jenniebean25) Lexi wrote: "read Delirium by lauren oliver. its a trilogy and you will nt be able to put it down"

Definitely one of my favorite trilogies by far!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't read Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick but I want to.. so that is what I am suggesting. :)

message 15: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Ok. You will love. We will put on a poll.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay! :D

message 18: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 10 comments Dearly, Departed. It was a fantastic twist on a zombie novel, Lia Habel is a great author. There is some steampunk and Victorian elements in the novel. Plus it all takes place in the future. The best part is some of the zombies are not all crazy for brains and act like there once human selves.

message 19: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Sounds good! We will make sure to put that on the poll for one of the monthly reads. :D

message 20: by Kate (last edited Mar 29, 2013 03:48PM) (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) We need new suggestions for the polls that will be created during April. So please nominate 1-2 books for the regular May BOTM here --> http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1... as well as book suggestions for the May theme here --> http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 21: by Mairead (last edited May 18, 2013 10:17AM) (new)

Mairead The Fault In Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

message 22: by Rhea and Rory (new)

Rhea and Rory James (rheaandroryjames) | 62 comments Miranda wrote: "Dearly, Departed. It was a fantastic twist on a zombie novel, Lia Habel is a great author. There is some steampunk and Victorian elements in the novel. Plus it all takes place in the future. The be..."

zombies, steam punk, victorian? yes please! Dearly, Departed (Gone With the Respiration, #1) by Lia Habel

message 23: by T.M. (new)

T.M. (tmlazar) | 7 comments I would like to suggest my debut novel The Last GlassThe Last Glass The Last Glass (The Creatures of Grimmsburg, #1) by T.M. Lazar

message 24: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (vexedbythis) | 1 comments Taylor wrote: "OMG I think Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu would be good!"

noice noice choice of book! CHAMPION's coming out

message 25: by Perenelle (new)

message 26: by Michael (new)