YA Bookaholics discussion

Archives > City of Bones Movie

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Jessica  (stuckinotherworlds) | 858 comments Mod
What are your thoughts about the City of a Bones movie coming out?
Excited? Upset?

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hoping it will do the book justice. I'm not very happy with who's playing Jace, and at first I wasn't happy about Lily Collins playing Clary. But I'm warming up to that idea. I do think that the actor who's playing Magnus looks perfect for the role. I've seen some pretty awesome posters with Magnus on them.

message 3: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

I don't like who's playing Jace either. He kinda scares me ( no offence to this who do like him). I pictured Jace with more chubbiness in his cheeks. Jamie doesn't have that.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I think its gonna be good the trailer looks quite faithful already and we might get a new trailer by the end of march!!

message 5: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Really? Omg! *squeals* that's amazing!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassandra Clare has mentioned it on her Tumblr a bit... Yes I am one of those people who obsessively stalks authors blogs and tumblrs

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 11, 2013 08:05AM) (new)

to be honest I was really looking forward to the movie but I've seen so many books butchered by being turned into movies recently that I'll just wait until someone watches it and tells me if I'll like it.

message 8: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Athena wrote: "Cassandra Clare has mentioned it on her Tumblr a bit... Yes I am one of those people who obsessively stalks authors blogs and tumblrs"

Haha!

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth I'm upset about the person playing Jace too he looks nothing like the Jace I have pictured and Magnas is perfect I have hight hopes for this movie

message 10: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 341 comments Magnus will have more fan following than Jace. Jace is like someone very cold hearted looking he isn't what I imagined him to be. He just doesn't look appropriate. Clary is fine but Simon dunno whether he'll be able to portray that brave vampire .

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth is it just me but if you took blond hair and put it on the character playing Alex wouldn't that be closer that the one that is

message 12: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 341 comments You're right.

message 13: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

The guy playing Jace is the person I picture playing Sebastian. With the sharp features and very cold look.

message 14: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 341 comments Exactly he'd be better suited as sebastian

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth He would be perfect for Sebastian I never thought about it before

message 16: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

But who do you think should have been Jace??

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

someone extremely hot! that's who. XD

message 18: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Haha! :D

message 19: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Who was the person who played jace on the book trailer he was good

message 20: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Alex Pettyfer???

message 21: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth He's the one that turned it down right

message 22: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Ok found the perfect person Drew Sooley check him out and see if he fits the part I was just whatching Another Cinderella story and that's what I kept saying lol

message 23: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

He's a little… old. If he was younger than ya for sure. But he's oldish. =)

message 24: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth I wasn't sure how old he was cause I think the move I was Whatching is old they used VHS in it lol

message 25: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Haha! =)

message 27: by Luna (new)

Luna Cakegood (Luna_Cakegood) | 50 comments Kaitlin wrote: "New posters are up!

http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=1......"

OOOOOOH! They look amazing! But is it just me or does Jace look kind of evil in his?

message 28: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) He kind of does.

message 29: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) I think Jace is...NOT GOOD. I was okay with Lily Collins, sort of. Magnus-WOW. Izzy, Alec, Simon- Yeah, good job!!

message 30: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Yeah, I'm not very happy with Jace, but hell probably surprise me. It's Lily Collins I'm worried about. I'm not a big fan of her acting.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

The German trailer has the best footage but its all in German I can only understand a little German :(

message 32: by Rhea and Rory (new)

Rhea and Rory James (rheaandroryjames) | 62 comments Anyone see the movie yet?.. Dying to know what it was like!

message 33: by Josiane (last edited Aug 24, 2013 01:55PM) (new)

Josiane Claremont | 161 comments JUST WATCHED THE MOVIE. I DIED. I FELL IN LOVE ONCE MORE. (cue angelic chorus)

message 34: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan | 38 comments I loved the movie I walked to the theater in the pouring rain yesterday just to see it and I saw it again this morning <3

message 35: by Josiane (new)

Josiane Claremont | 161 comments when i came back, i went on Goodreads, and then i died again when i saw the gif trailer. :D

message 36: by Rhea and Rory (new)

Rhea and Rory James (rheaandroryjames) | 62 comments Oh awesome!! Thanks for letting me know! So excited, can't wait to see it hopefully tomorrow!

message 37: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 6 comments I was pretty disappointed with the movie.

message 38: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Sarah wrote: "I was pretty disappointed with the movie."

i totally agree, the mixed and messed it up big time