YA Bookaholics discussion

Archives > The Best Books Ever!!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Jessica  (stuckinotherworlds) | 858 comments Mod
Here you can post what you think is the best book(s) ever and talk about them with others.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I can never pick out a best or favorite book of mine. I have so many. So I'll just start by saying that my favorite paranormal series is the Vampire Academy series (along with the Bloodlines series).

message 3: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

I've never read them. Are they good?

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Yes. I absolutely love them.

message 5: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Kay I going to order them then.

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Awesome.

message 7: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

My favourite series is probably the House Of Night Series and Hush Hush.

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I really like Patch and Nora. I read the whole series except for Finale.

I really like the House of Night series too, but only before there were too many books, too many romantic interests, and too many things going on for my taste. I don't go for really long series.

message 9: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

I see what you mean. I started the Wicca series or something like that which was 14 books long. I'm on book 9 and I started 5 months ago. I got really bored.

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I usually read much shorter series, like trilogies or ones with 4-5 books in it. One of the longest that I've read must be the Vampire Academy series. It has 6 books in it, and there's three so far in the spin-off series. So that's 9 that goes along with the same concept and similar characters. But I'm nowhere near bored with those books.

message 11: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Haha! Glad your enjoying them!

message 12: by Dale (new)

Dale Rego (dalerego) | 40 comments I used to like House of Night too but it was dragged too much.
Obsidian(lux novels)are amazing!

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Yeah, Jennifer L. Armentrout is really good. Her Covenant series is also amazing.

message 14: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Really? The cover kind freaked me out. Lol.

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Which cover?

message 16: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

To the Lux series

message 17: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Is it the eyes? I find his eyes weird looking. It's a great book, though.

message 18: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Yes! It is the eyes!

message 19: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) :D Don't let the eyes deceive you. Daemon's a great character.

message 20: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Ok. I'll get the book as soon as I can!

Rashika (is tired) (rashikathebookowl) VAMPIRE ACADEMY IS AWESOME! the only vampire book I actually like.
I've heard that the Wicca series started off good but the author stretched the books too much and the ending sucked.
I like Jennifer Armentrout's stuff but I believe that her ideas aren't so original.
and ummm my favorite book? I cannot name that because there are way too many but I read Altered this year and I LOVED it! :) (it's by Jennifer Rush)

message 22: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Wow! I know I hate the Wicca series now.

message 23: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (clouddinosaur) I finished the book Ruined by Lucy Christopher yesterday and I LOVED it! :'D

message 24: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth right now I think the Lux series is my favorite and stands out the most for me

message 25: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (leighsalv) I love love love the Across the Universe trilogy <3

message 26: by Perenelle (new)

Perenelle | 250 comments There are soooo many books I love, but Percy Jackson, TID, Seven Realms, Shadow Falls, and so many more <3

message 27: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Dale wrote: "I used to like House of Night too but it was dragged too much.
Obsidian(lux novels)are amazing!"

I really liked the House of Night too. But now the series has lost me.

message 28: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Perenelle wrote: "There are soooo many books I love, but Percy Jackson, TID, Seven Realms, Shadow Falls, and so many more <3"

Which are the Seven Realms books?

message 29: by Perenelle (new)

Perenelle | 250 comments the ones by cinda williams chima. The Demon King it's a 4 book fantasy series

message 30: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I had a feeling that's what those were. I've seen those mentioned by other people on Goodreads, and I've heard they're pretty good. What are they about?

message 31: by Perenelle (new)

Perenelle | 250 comments They're about this boy, named Hanson, and he has a friend who is of Clan blood. They meet these wizards setting fire to this mountain. And then stuff unfurls and it's like a crazy political war and all....

yeah, I'm not really great at summarizing :S

But the ending of the last book was really sweet, not at all depressing or whatnot

Rashika (is tired) (rashikathebookowl) Perenelle wrote: "They're about this boy, named Hanson, and he has a friend who is of Clan blood. They meet these wizards setting fire to this mountain. And then stuff unfurls and it's like a crazy political war and..."

YAYYYYYY
I have the first book and I want to start it... but I don't know.
It's just everyone is gushing about it and I want to read it but I am confused.
I am weird that way.

message 33: by Perenelle (new)

Perenelle | 250 comments It's crazy stuff, but it's really clever. And the love...uh..weird quadrilateral, is interesting ><
My friend told me it was slow at first, but really, if you get past the first few chapters, you'll love it. Hopefully :)

Rashika (is tired) (rashikathebookowl) okay.. love quadrilateral... no NO NOOOOOO
but since its fantasy I'll man up and give it a go anyway.

message 35: by Perenelle (new)

Perenelle | 250 comments :) You won't regret it, though at least all the books were published, so there's no waiting

Rashika (is tired) (rashikathebookowl) I'll take your word for it :D
I know I hate waiting

message 37: by Perenelle (new)

Perenelle | 250 comments especially for your favourite books (bringing it back to the thread ><)

Another favourite book of mine is the Eragon series (Inheritance? Is it called that?)
I've only read the series once, and it was awhile ago now, but all I can remember is great things about the book :D

message 38: by Brona (new)

Brona | 50 comments I love the inheritance cycle:) I remember when the last book was coming out and I really wanted it to have a green cover (don't ask me why) and when it did my day was made:) I do have a problem with the movie though it didn't seem to follow the book very well at all

message 39: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I've only read Eragon in that series. I have the second book on my bookshelf, though. I had found the hardcover at Goodwill for either four or five dollars. It was too good of a price to pass up. :)

message 40: by Perenelle (last edited Apr 28, 2013 08:55AM) (new)

Perenelle | 250 comments my brother has the first two books in french, so i cant read them >< But i was also so excited for Inheritance when it first came out! Loved the book so much!! :D

Rashika (is tired) (rashikathebookowl) I tried Eragon but it didn't work out for me.

message 42: by Josiane (new)

Josiane Claremont | 161 comments Has anyone tried Dark Visions? It might just be my love of psychics or something, but this is definitely one of my #1 fav books.

message 43: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I've read it. It's a pretty cool book but it moved a little slowly for me.

message 44: by Perenelle (last edited Apr 28, 2013 09:02AM) (new)

Perenelle | 250 comments L.J Smith's books are okay. I've read the first...idk how many, books The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) by L.J. Smith The Fury and Dark Reunion (The Vampire Diaries, #3-4) by L.J. Smith Nightfall (The Vampire Diaries The Return, #1) by L.J. Smith Shadow Souls (The Vampire Diaries The Return, #2) by L.J. Smith Midnight (The Vampire Diaries The Return, #3) by L.J. Smith

message 45: by Perenelle (new)

Perenelle | 250 comments and they were okay :S

message 46: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I live L.J. Smith books. I've read the first two (each had two in it) of VD. I didn't continue because I feel like the series ended there and there shouldn't have been more added to it.

I've also read the secret circle and the night world books. I really liked all of those. And there's the other series I read, but I keep forgetting the title of it.

message 47: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) The Forbidden Game. That's what it's called. Although I only gave it three stars, I still thought it was interesting.

message 48: by Perenelle (new)

Perenelle | 250 comments The Secret Circle was my favourite by her. The Nightworld stories were good, but you're right, it feels like there are too many VD books added that arent needed

message 49: by Josiane (new)

Josiane Claremont | 161 comments True. I have yet to read Nightworld, but I stopped reading The Secret Circle after the first 2 bks. The other books...just didn't feel right to me.

message 50: by Dale (new)

Dale Rego (dalerego) | 40 comments There is no best book ever really!
One book is just better than the other.

« previous 1