Young Adult Contemporary Romance discussion

Take Me There
This topic is about Take Me There
❤ ARCHIVES > #25: Take Me There by Carolee Dean (Mar 11 - 17)

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 523 comments This is to talk and discuss about Take Me There by Carolee Dean! Feel free to join in and don't forget to warn before spoilers or put them in spoiler tags :)

message 2: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily | 416 comments I ordered this off amazon last week I am hoping it gets here soon so I can start it

message 3: by Chris (last edited Mar 11, 2013 07:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chris | 7142 comments Mod
I'll download this one tonight!

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Yes! I'm still reading this. I love how the way it was written. Poetry style.

It reminds me of Perfect Chemistry + The Edge of Never. :)

Just finished reading it. It was a real page turner and kept my interest, but I was hoping for a different ending. :( Even though the ending was realistic, sometimes you just want something more for the character. :/

Nicole (nikkitikkitavi) | 7 comments Wow. Not at all what I expected. Such beautiful poetry and prose used to tell such a painful story. I am glad I read Take Me There. The characters and the story are unforgettable.

message 7: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 523 comments I need to get to this one! How is it Bea? I am hesitant to read it, but poetry is getting me interested lol

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Harshini WatchMeRead wrote: "I need to get to this one! How is it Bea? I am hesitant to read it, but poetry is getting me interested lol"

It was good so far and I am enjoying it. I hope the ending is not disappointing. :)

Megan | 408 comments I just finished reading it today, I loved it but the ending was sad :(

Erika | 9482 comments I just started, I'm upset to find out it ends sad. :(

Laila Jane (axlilxlala) I didn't know what to expect from this book when I first started reading it. I thought it was gonna be another cutesy love story, but it definitely wasn't that. There is love though, a very deep love. The kind of love a parent has for their child, the love a child has for their parent, spouse to spouse, friend to friend. It is a sad ending, but there is also a feeling of hope in the end. Loved it. Definitely glad I read it.

message 12: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 523 comments That sounds awesome Laila, now I am looking forward to it. Sad ending noooo!!

Laila wrote: "I didn't know what to expect from this book when I first started reading it. I thought it was gonna be another cutesy love story, but it definitely wasn't that. There is love though, a very deep lo..."
I love how you described the story. I've thought about it over the last couple of days and I really did enjoy this story. The poetry was wonderful and you're right the ending had a feeling of hope. At first I was disappointed at the ending because it was sad, but now I think that my wanting more was really for Dylan's story to continue.

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I just finished the book and I'm disappointed on the ending. Good start, but bad ending. I like the poems though.

Erika | 9482 comments This is a story of love, in so many forms. It shows that love is not always enough, but sometimes it helps. Dylan is at heart a hero, yet he doesn't see it. He only see's what the world see's, and sometimes the world is wrong. I enjoyed his story of self discovery, for more than just Dylan. Each character plays a role that ends up having such deep meaning into how this mess of life that Dylan has and how it ended up where it did. This is not a typical love story nor the ending you would imagine. I must say though there is still hope in the end, and isn't that all anyone can hope for? The poetry in this book is so wonderful. I am so glad this pick was so different.

Megan | 408 comments Beatrice wrote: "I just finished the book and I'm disappointed on the ending. Good start, but bad ending. I like the poems though."

Me too. Some of those poems were really good.