On the Southern Literary Trail discussion

More Authors > Anne Rivers Siddons

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 94 comments Has anyone read this author?

message 2: by Marty (new)

Marty Elrod (martyelrod) | 22 comments Don't care for her books.

message 3: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 191 comments I have read The House Next Door. This is the only one I have read by Siddons. On the cover of the copy that I have, The New York Post calls it "haunting" and it definitely is. I would read another one of her books. Just not sure which one.

message 4: by Diane, "Miss Scarlett" (new)

Diane Barnes | 4261 comments Mod
I read 2 or 3 years ago and enjoyed them. Peachtree Road was good, and so was The House Next Door.

message 5: by Tonya (new)

Tonya (tonyalit) | 7 comments Yes, Outer Banks.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather Fineisen | 64 comments Peachtree Road is my favorite ARS book. I think of her as "beach" read, but I like the beach...

message 7: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 94 comments Peachtree Road is my favorite, and a good read if you want to understand the Civil Rights Movement in the South. I liked The House Next Door because it was a good haunted house story. Recently, her books have been beach reads, but these two aren't.

message 8: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 127 comments I liked her earlier stuff, but have given up on her as her books became increasingly dull (and just beyond implausible).

message 9: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 10 comments I read Peachtree Road, Colony, Sweetwater Creek... I liked them but I haven't read anything from her recently.

message 10: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 94 comments I read Fox's Earth years ago, but I recall it as having some of the meanest characters I'd ever met at the time.

message 11: by Ava Catherine (last edited Mar 30, 2013 05:42PM) (new)

Ava Catherine | 34 comments I read Colony, Peachtree Road,andHomeplace. She is ok, but a little too sentimental and romantic for my taste. More like a beach read than a serious book.

I understand she has a new book coming out this summer The Girls of August, which is being touted as her best book yet.