The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

FREE horror-humor: THE CRAWLING ABATTOIR

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Everson (johneverson) | 20 comments THE CRAWLING ABATTOIR by Martin Mundt (5 stars!) is FREE this week on Amazon to celebrate its re-issue. Please download. For you. For your mom. For someone you really don't ever want to see again... This is one of the funniest collections of horror stories you'll ever find!

Peter Straub blurbed this and said: “Martin Mundt is a nasty, warped, zero-temperature so-and-so who can’t put two words together without first snickering, then slitting their throats. No wonder reading him is such a pleasure.”

Here's the back cover description:
From the desperation of a lonely necrophile deeply frustrated by unrequited corpse-love; to a really rotten clown's long drawn-out discovery that success comes only after paying his dues in multiple broken bones, lacerated kidneys, lots and lots of blood and more; and to the horrible, horrible, (really horrible) misfortunes of Little Timmy, an innocent youngster badly mistreated by the world for no very good reason other than the reader's enjoyment; this collection will jam a rusty icepick all the way through your funny-bone, and you'll laugh until you cry through months of expensive, excruciating elbow rehabilitation. Enjoy!

www.amazon.com/The-Crawling-Abattoir-ebook/dp/B00BPBQZVG/

message 2: by Jacky (new)

Jacky | 97 comments Thank you, just got it.

message 3: by John (new)

John Everson (johneverson) | 20 comments Thanks Jacky, hope you enjoy it!!! I think it's genius work!

message 4: by Gwen (new)

Gwen (gwenlienhard) | 14 comments John wrote: "Thanks Jacky, hope you enjoy it!!! I think it's genius work!"

I just downloaded it Thanks

message 5: by John (new)

John Everson (johneverson) | 20 comments Please spread the word -- today's the last day and I really want this book to do well for Marty (which means... it needs to be seen by as many people as possible!)

Let me know what you think when you read it Gwen (and Jacky!)

message 6: by Gwen (new)

Gwen (gwenlienhard) | 14 comments John wrote: "Please spread the word -- today's the last day and I really want this book to do well for Marty (which means... it needs to be seen by as many people as possible!)

Let me know what you think when ..."

I posted it on FB and socially that about as much word as I can spread. Other than on this website I don't know many people who love reading as much as me. My husbands reads and even he thinks I read soooooo much. I will let you know though John what I thought of it.

message 7: by John (new)

John Everson (johneverson) | 20 comments Thanks Gwen! Really appreciate it!

message 8: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Casey (caseykerry) John wrote: "THE CRAWLING ABATTOIR by Martin Mundt (5 stars!) is FREE this week on Amazon to celebrate its re-issue. Please download. For you. For your mom. For someone you really don't ever want to see again....."

Actually sounds interesting! I dont think i have ever in my life so far heard of or read a 'horror humour' are there paper back giveaways available for this book? Or paperbacks in general?

message 9: by John (new)

John Everson (johneverson) | 20 comments Hey Kerry - I love Marty's fiction. It's over-the-top, deadpan dark humor.

As far as paperbacks -- I know he still has a stack of paperback copies of CRAWLING ABATTOIR that he received when the original publisher shut down. If you contact him at www.martinmundt.com I'm sure he could work with you to get one at a decent price.

I'll ultimately be making CreateSpace versions of ABATTOIR and his other collection, THE DARK UNDERBELLY OF HYMNS for Dark Arts Books, but just haven't gotten there yet. It's been a too-crazy couple of months for me! So rather than hold up the e-book editions (which is where most of our sales are these days anyway) I went ahead and got those out there.