Beta Reader Group discussion

Sexy Contemporary Novella needs a beta read or two

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen FitzGerald Hi there,

I have a 15K word sexy contemporary novella that I'd really love to have beta read.

I'm looking for at least two reads, by folks who are readers only, not writers. You need to be at least 18 years old too as the story contains detailed sex scenes. *I* do not consider the story erotic, however.

I'm looking for over-all impression by lovers of romance. I don't need line edits or spelling/grammar/punctuation help.

Here's the blurb:

BFF Stacy Miller would never jeopardize her life-long status, even for a guy she’s had a crush on for almost ten years. Especially since that guy was the little brother of said BFF. But when Lieutenant Connor Jackson returns home on leave for a weekend birthday bash, she decides to do what she wants—just once.

Time has taught Connor one thing—he’s never going to find another woman like Stacy. He’s home to prove to her she’ll never find another man who loves her more. Stacy still thinks she needs to put Pilar’s childish demands over her own wants and desires. Connor has seventy-two hours to convince her otherwise.

If you're interested, I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Jen

Sassy Beta Reading & Review (sasers) | 27 comments Jen: I would love to be a beta reader for you if you would like. You can email at sasers@mediacombb.net. Please let me know how soon you need a critique back.

Tammy

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen FitzGerald Thanks, Tammy. I appreciate it. My CP read it again today and had a few suggestions. I'll be working on those this evening and will send it along some time tomorrow.

Jen

Jen wrote: "Hi there,

I have a 15K word sexy contemporary novella that I'd really love to have beta read.

I'm looking for at least two reads, by folks who are readers only, not writers. You need to be at lea..."

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen FitzGerald Fantastic, Sonia. I really appreciate it. As I said to Tammy, I have some tweaks to make per my CP, and I'll send it to you tomorrow.

Thanks so much.

Jen

Tammy wrote: "Jen: I would love to be a beta reader for you if you would like. You can email at sasers@mediacombb.net. Please let me know how soon you need a critique back.

Tammy"

message 5: by Natalie (last edited Mar 12, 2013 05:12PM) (new)

Natalie (nagerber) | 12 comments I would be interested in reading this. I am not a writer, I am a reader and I read between 2 & 4 books a week. Let me know if I can be of service.
email is nagerber50@gmail.com

message 6: by Jen (new)

Jen FitzGerald Thanks, Natalie, another set of eyes would be great.

I'll send it along in a day or two.

Jen

Natalie wrote: "I would be interested in reading this. I am not a writer, I am a reader and I read between 2 & 4 books a week. Let me know if I can be of service.
email is nagerber50@gmail.com"

message 7: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nagerber) | 12 comments Looking forward to it.

message 8: by Jeanette (new)

Jeanette Telford | 3 comments Hi would love to beta read read for you. My email. rusty01@wideband.net.au.
Cheers jeanette

message 9: by Jen (last edited Mar 13, 2013 04:19PM) (new)

Jen FitzGerald Hi Jeanette,

I'll send it to you tomorrow. Thanks so much!!!

Jen

Jeanette wrote: "Hi would love to beta read read for you. My email. rusty01@wideband.net.au.
Cheers jeanette"

message 10: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Hi I would love to be a beta reader for you. my email is toxik.cupkake26@gmail.com

thanks,
Ashleigh

message 11: by Jen (new)

Jen FitzGerald Hi Ashleigh, I'd love to have you read my book, however I've started some major revisions so it's no longer in reading shape. Can I contact you one it's done? Just FYI, it'll be considerably longer by the time I'm done, if length matters at all.

Jen

Ashleigh wrote: "Hi I would love to be a beta reader for you. my email is toxik.cupkake26@gmail.com

thanks,
Ashleigh"

message 12: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Jen, and that's not a problem. I love to read so anything you send me length wise is good with me.

Thanks
Ashleigh

message 13: by Cara (new)

Cara Arthur | 1 comments I would be happy to read it once you're ready! Carabetharthur@gmail.com

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1 comments Jen, the summary for your novella sounds great! I would love to read over it for you if you are still looking for input. Please feel free to message me. Thanks!

message 15: by Jen (new)

Jen FitzGerald Hi Amanda,

Thanks a bunch. I'll check in with you when I get revisions done.

Jen

Amanda wrote: "Jen, the summary for your novella sounds great! I would love to read over it for you if you are still looking for input. Please feel free to message me. Thanks!"

message 16: by Jen (new)

Jen FitzGerald Hi Cara,

I'm doing some revisions, but I'll e-mail you when I'm ready and see if you're still interested.

Thanks!

Jen

Cara wrote: "I would be happy to read it once you're ready! Carabetharthur@gmail.com"