Meet Omnium Gatherum Authors discussion

These Unquiet Bones
This topic is about These Unquiet Bones
Read-a-long These Unquiet Bones

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kate Jonez (katejonez) | 37 comments Mod
Join us as we read These Unquiet Bones by Dean Harrison from Omnium Gatherum's horror imprint Odium. The ebook will be free on Amazon March 12th and 13th. If you love southern gothic horror, make sure to get your copy and let us know in the comments. (Book contains adult themes and explicit violence)

About These Unquiet Bones

Trying to get behind the truth of her mother's death, Amy Snow unleashes the skeletons lurking in the dark of her father's closet, and learns a terrible, twisted truth about her family tree. Meanwhile, a man named Adam is on a mission to restore Paradise to its former glory. To accomplish this, he must find "The Lost One", a girl he calls Eve, and sacrifice her to the god she betrayed the day a talking serpent slithered into the Garden of Eden.

http://www.amazon.com/These-Unquiet-B...

Mark Kirkbride | 13 comments Got my copy today. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Mark Kirkbride | 13 comments Hi Dean, I just wondered whether you planned the book beforehand or whether you let it unfold as you wrote it? I'm always curious about that.

message 4: by Dean (new)

Dean | 4 comments Mark,

I pretty much let it unfold as I wrote. I don't really outline. I pretty much take an idea and try to build a story around it. Bear in mind, however, that the story I started out with (originally titled Captured Goddess) looked nothing like what I ended up writing. For example, major characters (such as Layne) were minor characters and vise versa (Michael was originally the lead antagonist). Settings were different, as were plot points. Scenes were cut and replaced. I went through many different drafts and versions of the story. But I kept a notebook with notes such as plot points and character developments so that I could keep everything straight and not let the story or the characters get away from me. Thanks for asking! Hope you're enjoying (or enjoyed) the book. Let me know if you have other questions.

Mark Kirkbride | 13 comments Many thanks for that, Dean. I'm even more impressed now. Yes, definitely enjoying the book.

Mark Kirkbride | 13 comments Hi Dean, Just wanted to let you know that I’ve finished it now, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Review to follow…

message 7: by Dean (new)

Dean | 4 comments Thanks, Mark. Glad you enjoyed it!