Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

Sookie Stackhouse Books > After Dead, by Charlaine Harris

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gena (new)

Gena I was just perusing Amazon.com and they are pre-selling a book called After Dead, by Charlaine Harris! Has anyone heard anything about it?

http://www.amazon.com/After-Dead-Worl...

message 2: by Felicear (new)

Felicear | 2 comments Here is a press blurb about it...
http://true-blood.net/2013/02/13/char...

message 3: by Gena (new)

Gena Thanks Felicear! I was dying of curiosity.

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Babcock | 2 comments Now I'm excited for two books by Charlaine Harris to come out! I'm glad you posted about this!!

message 5: by Darth J (new)

Darth J  (j___) When I first saw it on Amazon, I thought it was misspelled for Dead ever after, but I immediately hit pre-order when I read the description.

message 6: by Gena (new)

Gena When I first saw it, they has no description up whatsoever!
I was like, huh? This must be a mistake. . .LOL
I just pre-ordered it as well. Sounds fascinating!

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
Thank goddess! I was so worried that there wouldn't be another book after Dead Ever After. Not that this is another Sookie novel but it will at least help us ease off the story! Great find Gena and Felicear! Thanks for sharing.

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
From the webpage: "I hope a lot of you read this thread today, because I’ve chosen it to make a little announcement. I just saw the cover for “After Dead,” which is the coda to the Sookie books. My publisher decided to publish it before Christmas in a separate volume. It will be a slim book containing what happens AFTER “DEA” to many of the characters I’ve created over the years. And Lisa is drawing a Sookie alphabet for the book. There are several other features under consideration for this volume, which is intended as a stocking stuffer. I’ll post more when I know it."
Charlaine Harris

message 9: by Deannie (new)

Deannie | 1 comments This series ended in what was the only real way it could have. Sookie, Sookie, Sookie........... we have so enjoyed your character!

Thanks Charlaine Harris!

Looking forward to "After Dead". I'm sure I'll read it along with the series again soon.

message 10: by Josie (new)

Josie Polhemus | 3 comments I have, a quick read, like a glossary of characters and what happened to them. Eric's fate is depressing, Bill's is unrealistic , Sookie's is dumb but expected. Artwork isn't that good. Most characters just get 1 line. Not worth $3 much less $10.

message 11: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Macdonald | 11 comments Well crap-I liked it. It was a quick read. I thought the art work was good. Eric's fate had to do with what he did to survive- that is why he lasted over 1,000 years- he conformed and fit in. Bill was a computer nerd (remember the vampire who's who? I guess it sold a lot of discs)- a sort of Bill Gates guy- that is why he was able to buy Louisiana. He had the $$$. As far as Sookie being dumb- she chose Sam and Sam chose her. Sookie wanted a normal life and what she got to me was as close to normal as she could get. Her supernatural adventures in the last 13 books would certainly be enough to me to last a life time- that is if the maenad does not show up again. And then Nial may stop in too- he does post a letter or two via "rosebush". The art work was superb. Maybe you should look at some of the art done by Lisa Desimini. She is a well known illustrator who has illustrated for many, many books- not just Ms. Harris's. Goggle her and read her accomplishments. She only very briefly mentions the Sookie series.
Melanie-anne- if you are unsure- go the library and take it out. This way you will not be out any money. Personally, I liked the book- but to each their own. I enjoyed the whole series. Many people are mad because Sookie was not made into a vampire and spent eternity with Eric and Pam and Karin. Tat was not Ms. Harris's vision when she wrote the books. She wrote the series and no one else. She felt she was done with it. She did not prostitute herself by creating more books for her "fans"- she did not make Sookie a vamp either. I say good for her. I like the book and I am glad I bought it.

message 12: by Denise (new)

Denise Moore | 5 comments Charlaine Harris did sell herself out for the money. Harris announced the end of the series two times before now and was convinced by a large sum of money to continue writing the novels even though it was quite obvious she had lost her passion for Sookie and her world. This book After Dead is meant to be the final nail in the coffin so that Charlaine never has to write about Sookie again. I love The Sookie series but could have done without the last couple of books.

message 13: by Gena (new)

Gena This article is very interesting. . .

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/S...