The BURIED Book Club discussion

Moby-Dick or, the Whale
This topic is about Moby-Dick or, the Whale
THEN buried, now NOT > Moby-Dick

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments Moby-Dick was BURIED for FIFTY years, but the collectivity of readers have UNEARTHed a masterpiece. Under the rubric "THEN buried, now NOT" please start threads identifying our literature salvages.

Aubrey (korrick) I have a review here, and I wish to see this book's reputation as an insufferably lengthy and long-winded novel eradicated, and replaced with praises of its prose and intimate detailing of what it means to be human.

Also I'm looking forward to reading more of Melville, buried or no.

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments Aubrey wrote: "I have a review here, and I wish to see this book's reputation as an insufferably lengthy and long-winded novel eradicated, and replaced with praises of its prose and intimate detailing of what it ..."

His Pierre I'm quite interested in. Seems like there are occasional efforts made to shovel more EARTH upon it. It must be unREADable and a failURe.

Aubrey (korrick) Considering the reception of his finest work, I'd say the audience is at greater fault.

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments Aubrey wrote: "Considering the reception of his finest work, I'd say the audience is at greater fault."

; )

And the thought that some works must shapen their own audience; out of clay and dust sometimes.

[unREADable and failURe are marks of quality which every thoughtful consumer keeps out an eye for]