! YA Heroines ! discussion

Archive > Buddy Reads - Graceling (Beware Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Here's the buddy read discussion for Graceling.

I've been meaning to read this again, so I'll try to get it this week.

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments Ok I'm not far but I really feel bad for Katsa she has lived her whole life alone pretty much with everyone fearing her and I don't think that's the way she wants in to be she's kind of like robin hood in the way she goes behind Randa's back to help all these people so I'm interested to see how this book continues

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I find the idea of the Graces very interesting.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments Yes but they are treated awful like there mutants to be feared and used by the kings only if there useful and then thrown away like trash if there not

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments I think I just figured out what the problem is most of the books I read the paranormals main goal is to stay hidden and someone is always telling them that people will accept them but in this book here they are and everyone knows and they are treated unfairly for it just like in life if your diffrent people treat you like you have a third eye

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Yeah, this book is different in that way. And part of that reason is that its a fantasy novel.

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments Ok I'm good now it just took a bit for me to get into this book but I finally did and it really good she is experiencing so many thing for the first time and it's like you are too I love it