The BURIED Book Club discussion

Thomas S. Klise
This topic is about Thomas S. Klise
unBURIED Authors K-P > Thomas S. Klise

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments The Last Western by Thomas S. Klise is a BURIED book.

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric | 57 comments

I'd sadly resigned myself to a life deprived of this book for I wasn't about to drop $60 and the library somehow doesn't have a copy but just found an oddly listed one, one letter in the lower case, on Amazon and snagged it for $5+S&H!

message 3: by Nate D (new)

Nate D (rockhyrax) | 354 comments So I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye for this now too. Good to know that they are in fact out there. Somewhere.

message 4: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments Enrique wrote: "Look what I found today at the thrift store."

Most excellent. I'm not quite ruing the shelling out of major $$$ yet, but I might soon.

I do believe, though, that I owe Friend Jesse's review the honor of having unDECKed for my benefit. Please do read and Like his review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 5: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments Nate D wrote: "So I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye for this now too. Good to know that they are in fact out there. Somewhere."

Those things are out there. I recently picked up a first edition Dalkey of Chromos which I didn't need, but I could not leave it to decay further upon thrift store shelves. I gave it a welcome home last night.

message 6: by Eric (new)

Eric | 57 comments hmmm, I can only say so much since I've only read a little more than half the bk, but it's sort of just average; the prose is dang unimpressive; and save some parallel plotwise to Infinite Jest, which I haven't yet read, I'm not sure why this thing should be any sort of cult classic.

[fingers crosst, though, that I'm proved wrong]