Goodreads All Sorts discussion

Too Little, Too Late (A Kate Stanton Hollywood Mystery #1)
This topic is about Too Little, Too Late
Promotions & Advertising > Giveaway Notification

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marta (new)

Marta Tandori (marta_tandori) | 12 comments Hi Everyone,

I'd like to introduce my book TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE. The genre is women's suspense with crossover appeal to older Young Adults since one of the main characters is 17 years old.

TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE is about two stories, really. The main story deals with seventeen-year-old Karen Devane, a spoiled Hollywood princess who gets into a confrontation with a homeless woman, who’s killed by a hit-and-run driver as she’s trying to escape from Karen and her two friends. Karen’s involvement in the woman’s death sets off a chain of events which eventually reveals some pretty awful family secrets, all of which revolve around her beloved grandmother, Kate. The back story is all about Kate’s past.

The inspiration for TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE came in kind of a roundabout way. My son used to play high school basketball and one Saturday, I got up really early because he had a game and I guess I was worried about a snowstorm that was supposed to happen later in the day and I couldn’t sleep. Anyway, I turned on the TV and there, on the History channel, was this documentary on war children that caught my attention. What was really sad about these war children was that when the Second World War was over, they were hated and treated really badly by adults and by other children and many were thrown into mental institutions while their mothers were treated as traitors and ostracized for the rest of their lives. Some of these war children grew up to become famous like the musician, Eric Clapton, as well as Ani-Frid Lyngstad, one of the singers from the Swedish pop group, ABBA. I thought this lesser-known aspect of the Second World War would make an interesting, and powerful, back story to my book. Ani-Frid Lyngstad, who’s now a real-life princess, became the inspiration for the grandmother in my book, Kate Stanton.

I also love everything about Hollywood and when I started writing this book, all you seemed to hear about in entertainment news at that time was the Britney Spears meltdown or LiLo’s latest crisis or the feud between Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchey. These guys combined were sort of the inspiration for the character of seventeen-year-old Karen Devane. Karen comes from Hollywood royalty, she’s spoiled and dealing with the break-up of her parents and some recent developments in her father’s love-life have her pretty messed up. She’s a good kid who makes some not-so-great choices which ends up landing her in major trouble. Although both her parents love her dearly, Karen believes the only constant in her life is her beloved grandmother Kate.

I have a giveaway running on Goodreads until March 20, 2013 for 10 paperback copies open to everyone in the U.S. and Canada. The link is here: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

My link on Amazon can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/TOO-LITTLE-LATE...

I invite you to check it out!
Marta

message 2: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 609 comments martha, i think you have missed out on the spirit of this site. it is not for self promotion!

message 3: by Marta (new)

Marta Tandori (marta_tandori) | 12 comments Hi Katherine - When I saw the header "Promotions and Advertising", I took that to mean a place to promote my giveaway. My apologies if I misunderstood the spirit of the site and I thank you for pointing it out to me. Marta (without the "h")

message 4: by Jack, Founder (new)

Jack (jack_) | 2831 comments Mod
It's okay to promote your work in this folder Marta.

Hi Katherine, I had quite a few authors advertising in the wrong place when the group was first set up so I made an area for promotions and advertising.

message 5: by Marta (new)

Marta Tandori (marta_tandori) | 12 comments Thanks for setting us straight, Jack.

message 6: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 609 comments Sorry about that

message 7: by Jack, Founder (new)

Jack (jack_) | 2831 comments Mod
Oh, no prob Katherine. :)

message 8: by Kit (new)

Kit Johnson (kit_johnson) | 1 comments Hi all,

Its not medically or psychologically focussed but my book Dodging Suicide A Lifetime's Preoccupation is perhaps the most hilarious and moving you might read on the subject of Bipolar. Its enjoying universal 5 star reviews on a number of platforms like Amazon, Kindle, Kobo, Barnes & Noble,ibooks etc.

I hope some might take advantage of sampling a free chapter by logging on to my site www.kit-johnson.com

The website has a very active blog and many of these are published in journals around the world

Follow me on Twitter @dodgingsuicide

Kind regards
Kit