Prom Week discussion

Town > Cemetery

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ It's a very large cemetery and to some degree beautiful.
(view spoiler)

In the back, like all the way in the back where you can hardly see the graves and there's a fence closing off the area, are the graves of those from the times of the witch trials. It's open during tourist seasons and only those with guides can go in. The farther you come up, the new the graves get.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 24, 2013 11:14PM) (new)

The Cemetary has an odd, eerie sort of beauty, Scarlett mused, pulling the navy blue pea coat -- in sharp contrast to her bright red hair -- closer around her on the chilly night. Her boots crunched against some twigs and leaves as she walked, and her hands found comfort in her pockets -- one held her cell phone, and the other held pepper spray. She walked a well-trodden path; using only the moonlight -- well, the reflection of the sun on the moon, for all you realists -- as a guide. Besides, she knew the way. She liked to mourn the lives of little carrot-top children who would never be able to exist. Mourn ths birthdays and Christmases they'd never have. No one else knew about her walks, save her family and Dax -- it was common knowledge that she had no deceased family or friends.

message 3: by Adena (last edited Mar 24, 2013 11:26PM) (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Eric stumbled through the cemetery. Luckily for him, they kept the grass perfectly trimmed and neat or it'd be nearly impossible for him to remain upright. He had finished the beers a while ago and had found something quite a bit stronger. By this time, Eric was completely and utterly wasted. He had absolutely no idea how he had gotten there, but there he was. There was a strange peacefulness in the cemetery, but he was way too far gone to appreciate it's subtle beauty. He could barely see straight, let alone contemplate the wonders of life and death and besides, he had far more important things to do, like trying to keep the contents of his stomach right there where they belonged. Eric nearly tripped over a small gravestone and cursed quietly to himself. "What the heck I am doing?" he muttered to himself. He was normally very responsible and rarely drank enough to get drunk, but tonight was obviously an exception.

Eric walked a little further, swallowing a few more mouthfuls of bourbon. He didn't see the girl with the bright red hair cross is path. He walked right into her, almost knocking her over.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Scarlett swore as she stumbled, narrowly avoiding falling to the ground. She whipped out her pepper spray, ready to press on the canister. At the last second, she looked to see who it was. It was just some senior -- the brother of that amnesiac girl, Piper, or Day, anyway. Quickly she rifled through her mind. Ethan? Ellis? Eric. That was it. And Eric was... completely wasted, or so it appeared. Lovely. But... what was he doing here? No one came to the cemetary in the dead of night except for Scarlett; she knew this well.

"Eric, is it?" Scar paused for a beat -- not long enough for him to answer, but like she expected an immediate answer from a drunk anyway -- before continuing. "What're you doing here?"

message 5: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Eric blinked a couple of times, attempting to focus his eyes. It was already bad enough that he was drunk, but it was also the middle of the night, so he couldn't see anyway. He steadied himself on a nearby tree. It took Eric about thirty seconds to realize that she was talking to him. "What? What am I doing here? What are you doing here?" he asked, his words so slurred that he was barely legible. He took another swig of bourbon.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

It took a lot of self control for Scarlett to keep from smashing her head on the afore-mentioned tree out of pure frustration. This guy -- he was completely, 100% drunk. She pitied him; you needed a reason to drink that much.

She tensed at his words. And what if people found out? It wasn't like she could pass it off as photography because it was dark. She wasn't ready for the whole school to know about her infertility, no way. "I'm taking a walk, and you are smashed." Reaching into her back pocket for her car keys, she hesitated. She had no idea where he lived.

[should she take him home or something?]

message 7: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Eric laughed. "Of course I'm smashed," he said, throwing his hands up into the air. He really found this whole situation to be quite hilarious. "Why wouldn't I be smashed? I just had one of the worst nights in my life, there's no point doing anything other than drinking," he said. "Getting smashed is fun. I think everyone should get smashed. Hm, smashed..." he said thoughtfully. "You know, if you say smashed enough, it stops sounding like a word." A strange expression crossed his features and he doubled over, leaning against the tree. After a moment, he stood up straight again - well, as straight as a wasted person could stand - and smiled at her. "False alarm."

((Eh, they can stay in the graveyard for a while longer.))

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

[okay :o) ]

Scarlett was torn between horrified and amused. "There, there...?" she tried, patting the almost-vomiting boy in the back, more than a little bit awkwardly. "Um," she said. She wasn't very good at this comforting thing; at least, not with someone she didn't know so well. "Do you want to talk about it,Eric?"

message 9: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Eric's smiled faded. "Do you think that I would be completely plastered and standing in the middle of a cemetery if I wanted to talk about my problems?" he asked. He staggered over to one of the wooden benches and sat down, leaning his elbows on his knees. Eric looked at the almost empty bottle in his hand and set it down. He felt like crap, and that wasn't just because of the alcohol. "You know most of the time when people ask if you want to talk about something, they really don't want to hear it," he said.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Scarlett sat down, mulling over his words for a moment. "That's true," she said slowly, "but how can I know I don't want to listen if I don't know what I'd be listening to in the first place?" She said. Oh my god, I'm trying to reason with a drunk. Scar didn't have experience with drunk people; her parents were too uptight to get drunk, her sisters were too good to get drunk, and she tried to avoid parties in general. what do I do?

message 11: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Eric was about to say something, but instead he stood up and staggered over to a nearby bush and actually did vomit this time. "Sorry," he muttered, sitting back down. He couldn't imagine why she would want to sit here in the dark and talk to him, but he wasn't complaining. "Long story short, my sister barely knows me and the only other person who's close enough to be family hates me. I called Piper Alyssa, I mean, I called Alyssa Piper," he corrected. "I don't even know why I'm telling you this. Whatever, I won't remember this conversation in the morning," he said, rubbing his temples. "I guess I just suck at helping people. Everyone I try to protect ends up getting hurt," he said with a sigh.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'm sorry," Scarlett said quietly. "It must be hard, having to stay calm and all through all of this with Piper--Day--your sister," she settled on. Alyssa... Oh yes, that was the girl that she often saw with Eric. She'd never actually met Alyssa, but she'd heard the name and seen her around. They'd always seemed... close. "I doubt that she hates you. She's probably just mad. It's how girls are," she shrugged. "And I don't know what went on between you two, but I do know that if two people are really best friends, then they can't hate each other that easily or quickly."

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

((Do you mind turning this into a three way roleplay with Star/Dax? :o) ))

message 14: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((No problem :) ))

message 15: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Eric shook his head. He didn't expect her to understand. Alyssa had never looked at him like that before. Sure, they fought, all friends did, but this wasn't something that he could just apologize for and then move on. "Don't try to empathize with me. Imagine your sister being raped and then losing every memory she had of you and having your best friend - that guy you hang out with, Dex, or whatever his name is - be completely disgusted by you. Yeah, when that happens, just let me know," he said, looking away from her. "You know what, talking about this was not a good idea," he concluded, picking up the bottle again. He tipped it back and drank the remainder of the contents.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

((okay yaaay :o) ))

Scarlett ran a hand through her hair. This was not going well. Of course it was her luck to run into a drunk guy in a cemetary in the dead of night. Of course. "It's not something I'd like to imagine," she said quietly, and it was true -- she didn't want to imagine something like that happening to Juliet or Daisy. It would be devastating. She did feel bad for him; either he was overreacting, or he and Alyssa had never been that good of friends in the first place. She didn't even want to know what it was that they were fighting over.

Pulling out her phone, she swiped to unlock it, scrolling through her contacts. She hesitated, her thumb hovering over the neat little Dax Autenberry in black before tapping it once. Honestly, she probably should have called him in the first place. She stood up, beginning to walk in circles as she waited for him to pick up. "Dax? It's me."

message 17: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((Should we wait for Star?))

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

((mmm yeah probably))

message 19: by ✯✯ᔕTᗩᖇᖇᒪIᘜᕼT✯✯, don't be scared, i'm a friendly zombie... (new)

✯✯ᔕTᗩᖇᖇᒪIᘜᕼT✯✯ | 1835 comments Mod
Dax wasn't particularly doing much when all of a sudden he was caught off guard by his cell phone ringing a bit too loudly. Grabbing it up, he checked the brightly lit screen to see who it was only to see the name Scar, and without a moment of hesitation he answered it. "Well duh, who else would it be?" he replied with a laugh. "I have caller ID, in case you didn't know." Dax was grinning from ear to ear, always happy when Scarlett called him, even though it was pretty late and he had been about to turn in once he finished this ridiculous essay on some theme in Romeo and Juliet. He didn't even like the book.

"So what's up?" He asked, pushing his homework away from him. "You alright?" He sensed something was wrong, just something in her voice and a gut feeling. It sounds silly, but after being friends with Scar for so many years, Dax was able to pick up on things because that was just the kind of friend he is.

(and that was such a bad post but idk what else to write right now x.x im so sorry)

message 20: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((No problem, Kat's not here anyway))

message 21: by ✯✯ᔕTᗩᖇᖇᒪIᘜᕼT✯✯, don't be scared, i'm a friendly zombie... (new)

(>.< i can write so much better i swear. im so sorry, frozen yogurt took so much longer than i thought it would Dx)

message 22: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 26, 2013 07:56AM) (new)

[don't worry about it :) ]

Honestly, she couldn’t help the little smile that spread across her lips when he picked up his phone. She was well aware that it was late, and she was lucky that he was actually awake. Unless she had woken him up. Scarlett rolled her eyes, despite knowing that he couldn’t see her. “Yeah, I know,” she said. She continued pacing in circles around the cemetary, ignoring this still very drunk and bitter Eric on the nearby bench. She paused.

“Um, well,” she started. How was she supposed to say this? ‘Hey, Dax, guess what? It's like the middle of the night and I’m in the cemetary with a drunk guy? She sighed. “I’m fine, but... I was on a walk -- don’t freak, I know I’m short, but I have pepper spray -- and I ran into Eric, you know, Piper--Day’s,” she corrected, “brother? Yeah, um, he’s kind of very drunk... not really an angry drunk, more like a sad drunk, and um, yeah, I have absolutely no idea what to do.” She hesitated, before adding, “Oh, yeah. We’re, um, in the cemetary.” She sighed, realizing she’d have to explain to Dax exactly why she was in the cemetary, and she wouldn’t even try to lie -- he’d be able to tell, anyway. And he would probably give her a safety lecture about walking in the middle of the night in addition or something of that nature.

message 23: by ✯✯ᔕTᗩᖇᖇᒪIᘜᕼT✯✯, don't be scared, i'm a friendly zombie... (new)

As Scarlett talked, explaining to him what was up, Dax's brows knit together in worry. First off, he really didn't like the idea of Scarlett walking around this late alone. Secondly, she was there with a drunk guy... what the hell? Lastly, this was all taking place in a cemetery, which really didn't sit well with him. "Woah what? Okay, so you're in a cemetery with a drunk guy this late at night? What the hell Scarlett?" Dax was obviously upset over this, but only because he was worried about Scar's safety. She was his best friend, he couldn't help but worry about her. Jumping to his feet, Dax pulled on a pair of shoes and grabbed his jacket and keys, still staying on the phone to hear her try to explain herself out of this one. However, he decided that maybe he should first get there and then chew her out for all of this. "You know what, never mind. I'm coming over there. Just...don't move and keep that pepper spray in hand. And just tell Eric to stay there. Just don't do anything stupid. Okay? I'll be there in twenty minutes."

Dax was already out the door, not even bothering to leave his uncle a note that he was heading out. His uncle probably wouldn't care anyways, the guy was most likely holed up in his study going over some sort of case or something--whatever city lawyers did this late at night. With a sigh, he got into his shiny new blue camaro, a gift from his uncle for his seventeenth birthday, which he found odd but nice. Getting in behind the wheel, Dax started up the car and practically within five second he backed out of the driveway and onto the street, practically racing to get to the cemetery as fast as he possibly could without getting a speeding ticket.

message 24: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Eric was leaning back on the bench, looking up at the stars - at least, he hoped they were stars, and not just bright spots in his vision, it was hard to tell. He could hear Scarlett talking to someone on the phone. He didn't know - or care - who it was, all he knew was that he didn't want to stick around and wait for whoever it was to show up. Talking to her had been bad enough, he didn't need anyone else to come here and try to help him. Eric closed his eyes, the stars seemed to be swimming around up there in the sky and it was hurting his head. He brought the bottle to his lips once more and was disappointed to find it empty. When had he finished it? He could have sworn it had been half full a few minutes ago. Whatever, he would just have to go find more. The whole point of him getting drunk in the first place was to not have to think about anything, but it clearly wasn't working. Sure, there was probably more alcohol in his body than water at this point, but he still couldn't stop the half coherent thoughts from rushing through his mind. Eric wanted it all to just stop. He didn't want to feel anything. No, he wasn't suicidal, but consciousness wasn't exactly desirable at this point. He just wanted to pass out and sleep for days, but apparently that wasn't going to happen, even after drinking six beers and an entire bottle of whisky.

Eric heaved himself off of the bench. It took a few seconds for his vision to clear and world to stop spinning. "I'm outta here," he said to Scarlett, who had her back to him. "I am so glad we had this little heart to heart. We really should do this more often," he said, staggering away.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Scarlett swallowed hard. Dax's 'What the hell Scarlett?' rang in her ears still. It wasn't hard at all to hear the disappointment in his voice. Pocketing her phone, she looked up. It should have been such a beautiful night. It wasn't even that cool out, but still, the wind gave her the chills.

Her attention snapped back to Eric. "Oh, no you don't," she said, grabbing his arm. "Look, I don't know you all that well. I'm not close to understanding what you're going through, and quite frankly, I don't ever want to be. But I'm not heartless. I don't care if you want to leave, I'm not going to let you go when your judgement is skewed and you're not safe. That would be just wrong." It wasn't as if Scarlett hadn't heard those stories about the people who died; it didn't matter if she didn't know Eric or even Day that well, but she wasn't going to let that happen to anyone if she could help it.

message 26: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Eric turned to her, swaying unsteadily on his feet. "Oh yeah? And exactly how are you going to stop me from going anywhere?" he asked with a laugh. He looked down at her on his arm. Why did everyone keep acting he was being unreasonable? "Look, I really don't see how you expect to keep me safe. You should be more worried about your own safety. You're the one wandering around the cemetery in the middle of the night. I'm drunk, what's your excuse?" he asked.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

She glared at him harshly. "I expect myself to keep you safe because I know I won't forgive myself if I let you walk away now, especially if something happens to you," she snarled. "Worried about my own safety? Yeah, well, at least I won't get alcohol poisoning anytime soon! And please, I take self-defense lessons. I'd probably die from peanut butter sooner than assault. And you have no excuse! You're drunk! There is no excuse for that! There damn well be a reason you're drinking underage, and large portions, at that, but there is no excuse."

message 28: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) "Did you give birth to me?" Eric asked, raising his eyebrows. "No? That's what I thought. Then stop acting like my mother," he sad, pulling his arm out of her grasp. "You don't know anything about me, so stop pretending to care." He turned and started walking away again, but tripped over a tree root and ended up with a face full of grass for the second time that day. He swore under his breath and dragged himself into an upright position.

message 29: by ✯✯ᔕTᗩᖇᖇᒪIᘜᕼT✯✯, don't be scared, i'm a friendly zombie... (last edited Mar 26, 2013 11:01PM) (new)

Dax was driving well over the speed limit in order to get to the cemetery as soon as possible, but luckily he wasn't pulled over on the way there because he left his wallet back at the house and it was well past curfew in the town. Moreover, he wasn't sure the cop would take well to his story on why he was driving so fast to a place filled with corpses where is best friend was keeping company to a drunk moron. A drunk moron that was not even old enough to drink legally in the states. All in all, it was his lucky night when he reached the cemetery without hearing loud sirens trailing after him.
When he reached the cemetery, he parked his car on the pathway past the gate, thinking it was fine for now since there was no one else there and he wasn't planning on staying very long. Killing the engine, he got out and immediately started calling out for Scarlett. It was pretty dark so it was hard to spot anyone right away with all the headstones, statues, trees, stone walls, and mausoleums scattered about. "Scarlett? Scar?" He called out, his voice carried by the wind. Dax was already reaching for his phone to call her to find out where she was on this large expanse of land; since he never has been here before, he wasn't sure how to make his way around without getting lost, especially since it was so dark out.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh, no, you're not going anywhere," Scarlett said, grabbing his arm again. "Look, this isn't safe and believe me, I never planned on running into you here, but I'm not going to let you go and hurt yourself or something. I don't know how you're used to people treating you, but it must be pretty damn bad if you can't understand why I'm not letting you go right now. No, I don't know anything about you other than your name. I'm not your mom. But I'm not the person who's going to let you hurt yourself!"

Hearing her name in Dax's familiar voice, Scarlett's head whipped in the direction it was coming from, hands still clamped firmly on Eric's arm. She didn't give a shit if her nails were digging into him; he wasn't bleeding or anything, therefore it was not a big deal. "Over here!" she called out to him.

message 31: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Eric rolled his eyes, but didn't argue. This was clearly a fight that he wasn't going to win. He didn't like it, but that's the way it was. He winced when she started yelling. "Geez, could you be any louder?" he asked, closing his eyes as his head swam. It took most of his concentration just to stay on his feet. Suddenly laying on the grass didn't seem like such a bad idea. "You know, it be nice if I could feel my fingers," Eric muttered. Scarlett had a surprisingly strong grip.

message 32: by ✯✯ᔕTᗩᖇᖇᒪIᘜᕼT✯✯, don't be scared, i'm a friendly zombie... (new)

When Dax heard Scarlett's voice, he immediately changed direction and headed towards it. It wasn't easy navigating through the graves this late at night, often hitting his leg against a headstone and even tripping over something. Normally Dax wasn't this clumsy, but he was in a hurry, and when he was in a hurry he ended up hurting himself in the process, which actually slowed him down. Can't really blame him though, his brain wasn't exactly functioning since all he could think about was reaching Scarlett as soon as possible. And when he finally reached her, he was practically out of breath. "Alright, so, what is going on? And why at a cemetery of all places?" He looked at Scar, a frown on his face, but he was bent over with his hands on his knees to catch his breath. His gaze shifted over to Eric, who Scarlett was holding onto with what looked like her death grip--he knew that grip fairly well himself. "Oh hey Eric, nice to see you drunk." He stood up straight, thinking he would be okay, but his clothes weren't all that okay since he tripped and managed to get grass and mud stains over it.

(and that was really bad x.x)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

((I'm sorry. I had all the stuff with my friend and then we had company and then Beauty and the Beast and then I fell asleep. So sorry.))

Scarlett crossed her arms. "Don't be rude, even if he's drunk. And I just came here to think, and I ran into him. Well, he ran into me, but that's beside the point. That's all there is to it. And we can talk about the rest later," she said, giving Dax a pointed look. A look that said, I'll tell you, but no way in hell will I tell you in front of this drunk idiot.

((sorry for the length; I can't write today >.<))

message 34: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) By this time, Eric was leaning heavily against Scarlett to keep himself upright. He was finally at that tipping point and felt like he was going to pass out any second. "Listen, I don't care how rude you are to me, I just want to get out of here," he said. He looked over at Dax, then back at Scarlett. "It's fine, you guys just keep sharing secretive looks with each other, don't worry about me, I'll just be over here," he said, staggering over to a bush and throwing up once again. Eric didn't even have the strength or coordination to get up again and just sank to his knees.

message 35: by ✯✯ᔕTᗩᖇᖇᒪIᘜᕼT✯✯, don't be scared, i'm a friendly zombie... (new)

"I wasn't being rude, more like pointing out the obvious," Dax sniffed, crossing his arms over his chest. He looked over at Eric and sighed. He didn't really know Erin, but that didn't mean he wasn't willing to help him. Though when he threw up in a bush, Dax couldn't help but wrinkle his nose a little. "Okay, new car, just got it detailed... I don't mean to sound shallow, but I really don't want vomit on my leather seats." However, he let out a resigned sigh as he ran a hand through his hair--he should probably get a hair cut. He should also shave. "Alright, I can't bring my car here, so we're going to have to walk there." He looked at Scarlett and gave her a look that wordlessly said, 'We are going to talk about this later, no matter what.' Then Dax walked over to Erin. "Come on man, I'm taking you home." Reaching down, Dax took a firm hold of Erin and pulled him up to his feet, taking the drunk man's arm to put it around his neck while he put his own arm around Erin's torso. "Either walk, or I'm carrying you bridal style to my car," Dax grunted.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Scarlett restrained herself from snorting. 'I wasn't being rude, more like pointing out the obvious'? Yeah, sure. Keep telling yourself that, Dax. "My car is here," Scarlett said. "It's a lot older than yours, 'cause it's Daisy's old one, but we can take mine and then come back for yours later, if you'd like," she offered, as if it would somehow help make up for the fact that she called her best friend to pick her up from a graveyard in the middle of the night and help her deal with a drunk guy.

message 37: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((His name is Eric, not Erin :P))

Eric didn't say anything as Dax helped him up. He wasn't paying any attention to their conversation, he was more concerned with keeping his eyes open and supporting at least some of his own weight. He leaned heavily on Dad as they made their way out of the morose cemetery. Eric made a note not to ever get drunk in a graveyard again: it was a safety hazard. Open fields would be much more suitable.

((Sorry for the crappy post, I just haven't really been in the mood today...))

message 38: by ✯✯ᔕTᗩᖇᖇᒪIᘜᕼT✯✯, don't be scared, i'm a friendly zombie... (new)

(:P i wrote that post at 3am sorry for calling him erin)

message 39: by ✯✯ᔕTᗩᖇᖇᒪIᘜᕼT✯✯, don't be scared, i'm a friendly zombie... (new)

Dax looked over at Scarlett about to say something, but decided against it and nodded his head. "Okay, where's your car then?" he grunted as he held up Eric, which wasn't easy since this guy was pretty much dead weight. Even though Dax worked out on a daily basis, making sure to keep in shape by eating healthy as well, but he was still having a little trouble walking while holding Eric up.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Scarlett glanced around quickly. She hadn't gone far when she'd run into Eric. "Just over there," she said, pointing in the direction of the car. "He can go in the back seat, no way he's riding shotgun in this state," she said. Honestly, if she could help Dax half-drag Eric, she would without any hesitation, really, she would. But honestly? When she was five-foot-three and not remotely athletic -- no, she wasn't out of shape, but she wasn't exactly strong, either; she preferred eating healthy to exercise -- she really wouldn't be any help in carrying Eric, who was what? Six feet tall? Somewhere around there, she guessed, but in any case, he was significantly larger than her.

message 41: by ✯✯ᔕTᗩᖇᖇᒪIᘜᕼT✯✯, don't be scared, i'm a friendly zombie... (new)

Dax changed direction and half-carried, half-dragged Eric over to the old car. He wasn't actually mad at Scarlett, though the way he was acting suggested otherwise. It was just that he was so worried about her that it came out like he was mad and irritated with her. In all honesty, Dax would go to the moon for Scarlett if he had to, though he wasn't sure why he would ever have to go to the moon for any sort of reason. But if he had to, he would just for her. Reaching her car, he opened the door with one hand, keeping a firm arm around Eric so the guy wouldn't fall to the ground. Once he wrenched the door open, he pretty much tossed Eric into the backseat. "Sorry man," he apologized quickly, doing his best to make sure Eric was seated semi-comfortably, and even buckled him in because safety first. Then Dax shut the door and looked at Scar. "Do you know where he lives?"

message 42: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Eric groaned when Dax practically threw him into the car, but he muh preferred sitting to walking. The car had a nice smell, almost flowery, but not too strong. He supposed that was what Scarlett smelled like. It occurred to him that the sweet scent would be completely overtaken by the stench of alcohol and he almost felt sorry, but showing any real remorse would require him to actually be able to string coherent thoughts together. Eric slumped over sideways after Dax closed the car door. He could hear them talking outside, but the sound of their voices grew quieter and less distinct and ultimately faded completely as he fell into welcome unconsciousness.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Scarlett sighed, running a hand through his hair. "No," she said, "I don't. And my mom accidentally threw away the school directory." She paused. "Right now, it's just Daisy in town, because Mom and Dad wanted their 'long-deserved second honeymoon'" -- she shuddered at the thought of what that possibly included -- "and Daisy would get it. It's better than leaving him outside or something. Besides, even if Mom and Dad were home, Mom would probably be thrilled. Heck, she'd be thrilled if I brought someone home in a body bag, because she'd be excited that I 'got myself a man' at all, no matter what state," she said, rolling her eyes.

message 44: by ✯✯ᔕTᗩᖇᖇᒪIᘜᕼT✯✯, don't be scared, i'm a friendly zombie... (new)

Dax ran a hand through his hair, not at all too happy of the idea of having a drunk guy staying in Scarlett's house. "His parents would be worried about him not coming home tonight wouldn't they," he mumbled not quite sure. "Well, if he's staying at your house I might as well. We can come back for my car in the morning or something." He sounded a little more calm now, but only because he was a little out of breath. "Do you want me to drive?"

(sorry it's short...rewriting posts two times just took a lot of energy out of me sorry)

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

((Never a problem :) ))

"Yeah, sure," Scarlett agreed, running a hand through her hair. Honestly, she didn't really want to drive back here -- they should probably get sleep. Besides, it was the weekend tomorrow, so it was okay to sleep in a bit. "You can sleep in Juliet's old room, and Eric can take the spare." She paused. "Does he have his phone? Just, like, send a text saying he's spending the night at a friend's or something. I don't know." She opened up the driver's door. "It's fine. I can drive. Not too tired."

message 46: by ✯✯ᔕTᗩᖇᖇᒪIᘜᕼT✯✯, don't be scared, i'm a friendly zombie... (new)

(bc of the time skip, should we end the rp after my next post?)

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

((Yeah, that sounds good. (: ))