Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Use of "&" and "and" in series title

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Kennedy (nancybkennedy) | 7 comments I would like to request a change to the titles in a book series of mine. The series is "Miracles and Moments of Grace." Could you make a change in two of the three titles in the series? I would like all three titles to use the word "and" instead of the ampersand (&). When a person searches for the book using the word "and" the titles using "&" don't come up. But when you use the word "and," your search engine removes "and," bringing up the title. I think most people would use the word "and," and then won't be able to find the two titles using &. The three titles in the series: Miracles and Moments of Grace: Inspiring Stories from Miliary Chaplains (this one is OK); Miracles and Moments of Grace: Inspiring Stories from Doctors (needs to be changed); Miracles and Moments of Grace: Inspiring Stories from Moms (needs to be changed). Thank you for your help!

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Anyone know if the new goodreads search being beta tested (new update being pushed out Monday in response to some already noted issues) is fixing her issue?

(That thread: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1... )

message 3: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments Debbie wrote: "Anyone know if the new goodreads search being beta tested (new update being pushed out Monday in response to some already noted issues) is fixing her issue?"

Not inherently, I don't think.

Sounds like this is the first stage of a bigger project - this was just an upgrade to the software and once it's tested and good to go he'll be making some changes.

message 4: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Kennedy (nancybkennedy) | 7 comments Thanks for anything you can do to help me. It's an especially urgent matter for me, as I want to keep the momentum going on my new book (the mom title).