Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Paranormal pregnancy!

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (Sakurahan or ForeverBooks18) (last edited Mar 10, 2013 06:44AM) (new)

Hannah (Sakurahan or ForeverBooks18) (sakurahan18) | 7 comments Hi! I enjoy books told in the first person, where the female heroine gets or is pregnant. I can't find any though. The last one I read was Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness which was great, but there aren't many. I've read Breaking Dawn but that isn't all in Bella's perspective so I don't love that. I've also read Eden. But I don't know of any other books told in the first person from the pregnant female's perspective. I've read Fifty Shades of Grey too which isn't paranormal I know. By the way I hate love triangles! PLEASE HELP!
Thanks! :D!

PS - the books don't have to be paranormal! I realise that a paranormal romance probably isn't going to be without erotica unless it's YA (Please no YA) so I don't mind erotica or at least some sexual content as I am an adult.

message 2: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3) by Larissa Ione have a heroine who is pregnant, but tolf from 3rd POV. And since it PNR, so no love triangle

Hannah (Sakurahan or ForeverBooks18) (sakurahan18) | 7 comments Thanks! I've heard of that but haven't read it yet! I'll give it a go :)!

Hannah (Sakurahan or ForeverBooks18) (sakurahan18) | 7 comments Oh yeah! Forgot to add that the more pages their are the better as I love long reads!

message 5: by Deageo (last edited Mar 10, 2013 07:14AM) (new)

message 6: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 534 comments In Black Dagger Brotherhood there's Zsadist & Bella Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward
In Dark Protectors Fated (Dark Protectors, #1) by Rebecca Zanetti there's Talen & Cara
both are PNR - no triangles

message 7: by Ninab (Honesty is the Best Policy) (last edited Mar 10, 2013 10:02AM) (new)

Ninab (Honesty is the Best Policy)  | 137 comments Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series - historical romance, not 1st person if I remember correctly though, but if you like Harkness you might like this one as well

Thea Harrison's Dragon Bound - not 1st person either and heavier on the sex, but very humerous. There are a bunch of books in the Elder Races series after this one that focus on other characters but I think I read somewhere that the next book comes back to the main characters in this book

Here is a list with supes who get pregnant

I think the main character in Kelly Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series eventually becomes pregnant but I haven't been able to read past the first bookBitten

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Her entire line. There's many pregos to it lol. I liked it too. T.M.T.N; kissing cousins (#2) by Alexandria Infanté

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments The Witching Hour (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #1) by Anne Rice

This one will likely strike your fancy

message 10: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Pat wrote: "In Dark Protectors Fated (Dark Protectors, #1) by Rebecca Zanetti there's Talen & Cara
both are PNR - no triangles"

She has more pregnancy storyline and the birth in book 2 Claimed (Dark Protectors, #2) by Rebecca Zanetti .

Heroine is pregnant in Enter The Night (Morgan Crowe Trilogy, #1) by Maggie Berkley Behind the Throne (Morgan Crowe Trilogy, #2) by Maggie Berkley

I don't remember which demonica book but I believe Runa is pregnant with Shade's little ones
Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) by Larissa Ione

message 11: by Lora (new)

Lora Savchova (luxuria) | 313 comments Dark Swan Bundle: Storm Born, Thorn Queen, Iron Crowned & Shadow Heir
It discusses supernatural pregnancy and it's a huge problem.
Really good series, it's Richelle Mead after all :D

message 12: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 2 comments Hearts of Darkness by Kira Brady has a pregnancy in it. Blood and Bullets by James R. Tuck does as well. Both of those are Urban fantasy.

message 14: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
Also the Breeds books by Lora Leigh features some of the females getting pregnant. And the problems that they have getting pregnant--and then the population has protecting those pregnant females and children.

Gail Carriger has Alexa get pregnant in her Parasol Protectorate series.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Lora Leigh books - the breeds books not the men in uniform series she does. The sequel to Shadow of night as well BUT that's not quite as good as Deborah's first book.

message 16: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
Also, Jennifer Ashley's Shifter's Unbound series has (some) of the females getting pregnant.

Maddy Barone's After the Crash series also has pregnant females (altho only the first stages, since the series is all running at the same time, and that's like the first 4 to 5 months after the women are found). This series is 1) a time travel series and 2) a shifter's series as well. So far, we've had were-wolves and were-cougars. But I'm thinking that who knows what else will turn up, since there were about 30 or 40 women that were rescued.

message 17: by Lee (last edited Aug 29, 2013 05:02PM) (new)

Lee (you-gotta-love-books) | 17 comments Ok so someone said that in one of Kelley Armstrong books someone gets pregnant. Well its Broken Broken (Women of the Otherworld, # 6) by Kelley Armstrong Its Elena who is pregnant with Clay's child and its the 3rd book with them in it.

Next it's Desire Unchained Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione by Larissa Ione. Its with Shade and Runa and she get's pregnant right at the very end (Its the other books that she gives birth and you meet the kids and stuff)

I know that in Born of Night Born of Night (The League, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon By Sherrilyn Kenyon, Kiara gets pregnant at kinda the middle to end-ish bit.

Brawn Brawn (New Species, #5) by Laurann Dohner By Laurann Dohner She gets
pregnant i think but its meant to have a lot of *erotic* bits in it though.

And sorry about this but Choices Choices (Choices, #1) by Annie Brewer By Annie Brewer is pretty much all about her pregnancy and should she keep it.Her boyfriend leaves her when he finds out and she finds someone she likes, he's fine with her being pregnant, and then suddenly the asshat who got her pregnant wants her back. (Thats what the sorry bit is for, i haven't read it but it might have a little love triangle in it)

In Quinn Loftis, The Grey Wolves series, Beyond the Veil (The Grey Wolves, #5) by Quinn Loftis Jen becomes pregnant in about book 5 will Decebel's baby.

Okay that's about it for know but i will update it if i find more.

message 18: by Janice (new)

Janice (janicepl) | 19 comments I loved Deborah Harkness' 'All souls trilogy'.... obsessed even! Seriously, I can't wait till the third and final book to be released! She hasn't even finished it yet.... I'm DYING over here!
As for the books with the pregos, I think all the ones that came to mind have already been stated.

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 461 comments Do enhanced, psychic humans count for this?

The GhostWalkers has a few heroines that get/are pregnant:

Conspiracy Game
Ruthless Game

message 20: by Anika (new)

Anika (teddybear1) | 318 comments Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian. This series have preggers (vamps).

message 21: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 07, 2014 07:25PM) (new)

I too love parnormal romance books with pregnancy and have found quite a few. Laurann Dohner a few of the characters try to get pregnant but in the Slade and Brawn the characters are pregnant. Quinn Loftis book "Beyond the Viel," Jen gets pregnant and in "Sacrifice of Love," she gives birth.

I found that I really love these book's, by S.C. Stephens. The first is called "Conversion" which only has the pregnancy at the end but in the second book "Bloodline" it goes through the whole pregnancy and the birth.

Hope this helps.

message 22: by Martine (new)

Martine | 3 comments "Call Off The Search" by Natasja Hellenthal is Paranormal Fantasy where Sula the main character gets pregnant twice!!

message 23: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 493 comments Dark Prince (Dark, #1) by Christine Feehan in a few of the books their are kids born, I just don't remember which books in the series.
One Lucky Vampire (Argeneau, #19) by Lynsay Sands one of the main characters has a baby

message 24: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 231 comments Here is a list I have going! https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/6...

message 25: by Emily (new)

Emily | 10 comments I recommend Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite. A human becomes pregnant by a vampire, but IIRC, vampires are a bit different in the world of that book.

message 26: by N.D. (new)

N.D. Taylor (ndtaylor) | 9 comments I can't believe someone is actually looking for this plotline! And I'm not saying that because it's terrible but because... I have a story in the works that has a similar idea, and I was worried that people would be turned OFF if the main heroine became pregnant!!! Super pleased to know that isn't a turn off.

message 27: by Tara (new)

Tara Stone | 33 comments I can't remember if it's first person or not, but in Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips the main character becomes pregnant.

message 28: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 231 comments N.D. wrote: "I can't believe someone is actually looking for this plotline! And I'm not saying that because it's terrible but because... I have a story in the works that has a similar idea, and I was worried t..."

There is a reader or more for every book.

message 29: by N.D. (new)

N.D. Taylor (ndtaylor) | 9 comments @namericanwordcat
I really love goodreads. It gives me faith that the things we write will always have at least one person who <3s it and is overjoyed that we tackled a topic! This thread pleases me beyond words.