The YA Dystopian Book Club discussion

Discussion > New Releases

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments What newly released or upcoming released books are you most looking forward to?

message 2: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Requiem (Delirium, #3) by Lauren Oliver !!!

And Untitled (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth although it's not for a while :)

message 3: by Lilac , Moderator (new)

Lilac  (lilac_wales) | 434 comments Mod
Definitely Requiem (Delirium, #3) by Lauren Oliver and also Light (Gone, #6) by Michael Grant !
Partials (Partials, #1) by Dan Wells has just been released too and I can't wait to get hold of a copy. :)

message 4: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments I definitely can't wait for Light (Gone, #6) by Michael Grant

message 5: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments I've only read Gone so far, but I'm going to buddy read Hunger soon with a friend, a lot of catching up to do!

Oh and don't forget UnSouled (Unwind, #3) by Neal Shusterman ! Love this series!!

message 6: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments What do you think of the Unwind series Davd? I haven't read it yet and I'd love to know your opinion.

message 7: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments You've got to read it, Jack! Soooo good! It's in my top five dystopian series for sure. That and Chaos Walking are must reads in my book :)

message 8: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments I'm going to start on chaos walking soon. I'll have to give unwind a go then.

message 9: by Lilac , Moderator (new)

I agree with David, Unwind is so good and you really do have to read it. It's in my top five dystopian books too and I've read a lot of books in that genre. :)

message 10: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (bubbysmama) | 22 comments Untitled (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth and Horde (Razorland, #3) by Ann Aguirre

message 11: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Ooh Horde! I still have to start reading that series!

message 12: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (bubbysmama) | 22 comments Oh, it's good! Enclave starts out a little slow, but it picks up and gets pretty good pretty fast. Outpost is a little slower-paced, but still really good.

message 13: by Natasha (last edited Mar 11, 2013 08:03PM) (new)

message 14: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Nancy wrote: "Oh, it's good! Enclave starts out a little slow, but it picks up and gets pretty good pretty fast. Outpost is a little slower-paced, but still really good."

Awesome, thanks!!

message 15: by Corinne (new)

Corinne | 21 comments These ones recently came out: Fox Forever and Prodigyfor anyone who read the first ones. The Essence and Hover: The Taking #2 (first in the series was Gravity) are upcoming books I can't wait to get my hands on.

message 16: by Destany (new)

Destany | 8 comments I agree I can't wait for light to come out

message 17: by Ida (new)

Ida Jansson | 10 comments I was fortunate to get the job of designing the covers of these books by the extremely talented author CM Doporto. I can`t wait to read these!

and the coming sequel

message 18: by Trinesha (new)

Trinesha (msjournalist) The Bitter Kingdom (Girl of Fire and Thorns) by Rae Carson
The Elite (The Selection) by Kiera Cass (3 more days!!!!)
Divergent #3, which for the time being has been renamed to Allegiant by Veronica Roth

message 19: by Alison (new)

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 525 comments I cannot wait for allegiant! And I am super excited to get the elite! I also just got the girl of fire and thorns from the library, haven't started it yet.

message 20: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 5 comments Monument 14: Sky on Fire comes out May 28. I loved the first one and can't wait for this sequel! Sky on Fire

And this one is still a little ways off, but I can't wait for Champion on Nov. 5. Champion

message 21: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments Can't wait for Sky On Fire!!! Ahhh!

message 22: by Trinesha (last edited May 06, 2013 01:36PM) (new)

Trinesha (msjournalist) Entwined With You by Sylvia Day (Crossfire #3)
The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson (Girl of Fire and Thorns #3)
Of Triton by Anna Banks (Of Poseidon #2)

message 23: by Lindsey (last edited May 07, 2013 11:33AM) (new)

Lindsey | 5 comments Jack wrote: "Can't wait for Sky On Fire!!! Ahhh!"

I know! I am so anxious to read it! I think I read the first one a couple of days after it was published, so it feels like it's been a long time!

message 24: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments I just read it a couple of weeks ago, so not much waiting for me XD

message 25: by Russellat5 (new)

Russellat5 | 47 comments The new enclave book ( not sure what the series is called), the house of hades ( not exactly dystopian) and city of heavenly fire ( mortal instruments)

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (breathepages) | 24 comments The House of Hades is the Heroes of Olympus series. The COVER was just released.... so excited. But I am most excited for ALLEGIANT.

message 27: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Karakai | 6 comments The End of Athens, my new book, goes on a 2 month book tour beginning tomorrow. I would love if you checked it out- it will be free every Saturday for the next 3 weeks; otherwise, it is only priced at $2.99. The End of Athens by Anthony Karakai

http://www.akarakai.com for more information :)

message 28: by Kayla (new)

Kayla De Leon (kayladeleon) Congrats, Anthony! Good luck on your book tour! I'll definitely check out your book. :)

message 29: by Shidorr (new)

Shidorr Myrick-Gayer (shidorrmyrick-gayer) My Book is FREE RIGHT NOW, but only for 5 days. Download it on your E-book My book is FREE RIGHT NOW for your E-reader, on amazon. If you have a nook you can get a kindle app for free onto your nook. Young Adult/ Romance/ fantasy.

Here is what people are saying about it: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14...

Download it here: http://www.amazon.com/Her-Name-is-Gra...

message 30: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments Please don't spam the groups with advertisement comments.

message 31: by Shidorr (new)

Shidorr Myrick-Gayer (shidorrmyrick-gayer) Wasn't trying to, I thought this group was for sharing. Thank you for your invite, I'll leave the group. Sorry.

message 32: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments You don't need to leave, you just need to put your comments in the right place, especially if it's advertising something.

message 33: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Hull (kellyvan) | 50 comments I've just started The Knife of Never Letting Goand I am already cracking up over the dog. Every time he says "Need to poo, Todd" I just smile.

message 34: by Riya (last edited Jun 20, 2013 10:59AM) (new)

Riya | 1876 comments That's funny Kelly, because for some reason whenever he said that I got super frustrated. Like Ness wouldn't talk about fancy secrets but I always knew when Manchee needed to poo!

message 35: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Hull (kellyvan) | 50 comments Riya wrote: "That's funny Kelly, because for some reason whenever he said that I got super frustrated. Like Ness wouldn't talk about fancy secrets but I always knew when Manchee needed to poo!"

So did you like the book overall? I've just started and the idea of hearing what a dog says is reason enough for me to finish :)

message 36: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments I like how different we are Kelly! I actually liked the first book, but I definitely preferred the last two books- they were significantly better in my opinion

message 37: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments So excited for allegiant Caitlin!!!!

message 38: by chucklesthescot (last edited Jun 22, 2013 03:42AM) (new)

chucklesthescot I wasn't a huge fan of Divergent. It was ok but the first half was too slow for me. Second half of the book was better but not enough for me to buy book 2. Definitely want to read The Knife of Never Letting Go. I will get to it eventually.

message 39: by Kayla (new)

Kayla De Leon (kayladeleon) Chuckles, I also want to read The Knife of Never Letting Go! The bookstore is out of stock and they only have the next 2 books in the series. :( hope you don't mind me calling you Chuckles!

message 40: by chucklesthescot (new)

chucklesthescot Chuckles is what most people call me so no probs! I HATE seeing all the unread books calling my name from the dusty shelves in the bookcave that I call my bedroom...I must get started. It's a pity I didn't find this group sooner or I could have taken part in the Gone series group read. I don't know how long I've had those books now.

Too many books too little time!

message 41: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments I'm warning you Chuckles, if you thought Divergent was boring you probably won't love The Knife of Never Letting Go, because I thought that one was really slow!! I still think everyone should read it, but I'm just warning you! You should definitely read Gone whenever you can Chuckles- if you want I'm always open to discuss :)

message 42: by Lex (new)

Lex | 14 comments Horde in the Enclave series and The tied book in Divergent.

message 43: by Trista (new)

Trista (islandgeekgirl) | 28 comments Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth of course, and Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3) by Veronica Rossi

message 44: by Lilac , Moderator (new)

I'm excited to see the Into the Still Blue cover, but sad that the release date is so far away. This is the UK cover for it:
Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3) by Veronica Rossi

message 45: by Trista (new)

Trista (islandgeekgirl) | 28 comments Lilac wrote: "I'm excited to see the Into the Still Blue cover, but sad that the release date is so far away. This is the UK cover for it:
Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3) by Veronica Rossi"

More reasons why someone needs to build a time machine.

message 46: by Lilac , Moderator (new)

Yep :)

message 47: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth
I SO WANT THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 48: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Burchell Wise | 26 comments cant wait for Allegiant of course. . But horde is what I'm most looking forward to.... Crazy books and I just absolutely love that series and yes...of course in Entwined with you!