Books, Books, and more Books! discussion

book projects by you > writing books

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Vincent (kristinkitty) I'm currenly writing a fantasy novel. I think i'm going to make my own species of vampire. Any ideas?

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma Lol, yeah... No like, sparkles, I suggest having fangs.

message 3: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Vincent (kristinkitty) Yeah no sparkles! Fangs are good

message 4: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Vincent (kristinkitty) Yeah I like that idea.

What color hair would be good? I kinda like the idea of orange or red.

message 5: by Frank (new)

Frank Hofer I added blood suckers to my novel, and I got comments from readers that they love the fact that I don't have sparkly vampires. They're not coffin sleeping vampires either. I think they may be my favorite species in the book.

message 6: by Katarina (new)

Katarina | 19 comments I used to write short stories about death, but that's all, anybody have a wattpad story?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm currently working on a fanfiction. It's called A Thousand Years. I based it off of Edward and Bella from the Twilight Saga, and every chapter title is a line from the song A Thousand Years by Christina Perri.

message 8: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) Kristin wrote: "I'm currenly writing a fantasy novel. I think i'm going to make my own species of vampire. Any ideas?"

I made a few of my own species of vampire!!(:

message 9: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) Abby wrote: "I'm currently working on a fanfiction. It's called A Thousand Years. I based it off of Edward and Bella from the Twilight Saga, and every chapter title is a line from the song A Thousand Years by C..."

Post it when you're finished! Sounds awesome!

message 10: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) Frank wrote: "I added blood suckers to my novel, and I got comments from readers that they love the fact that I don't have sparkly vampires. They're not coffin sleeping vampires either. I think they may be my fa..."

Did you post it?

message 11: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) Speaking of creative writing... I posted some! I'd like it if people checked it out!
Stories that I posted are...
Wilting sweetly
Night eyes
Scorched
Pleez check them out!!!

message 12: by Josiane (new)

Josiane Claremont | 181 comments Julia wrote: "Speaking of creative writing... I posted some! I'd like it if people checked it out!
Wilting sweetly
Night eyes
Scorched
Pleez check them out!!!"

What are they about? I mean like, basic gist: vampires, romance, murder, etc.

message 13: by Frank (last edited Apr 01, 2013 02:16PM) (new)

Frank Hofer Julia wrote: "Did you post it? "

It's actually self published at amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Duck-Blood-Soup...

Duck Blood Soup is way too long to post on GR :)

message 14: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa I have an idea but shhh...I want to publish it. WHAHAHA

message 15: by Josiane (new)

Josiane Claremont | 181 comments Julia wrote: "Speaking of creative writing... I posted some! I'd like it if people checked it out!
Wilting sweetly
Night eyes
Scorched
Pleez check them out!!!"

~Neh~ can you post links to the stories? I really wanna check them out, but I can't seem to find it...

message 16: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) I tried to post links before but it didn't work! If u type scorched by Julia it usually pops up.

message 17: by Josiane (new)

Josiane Claremont | 181 comments YAY!~ GOT IT~~~>.<

Chloe Fandom Queen Hi, I'm currently writing a novel and I'm stuck on how to get it started. I've got the story line planned out but I don't know how to get the story going. Can anybody help?

message 19: by Makayla (new)

Makayla | 4 comments Hey. I would recommend maybe looking into some books and how they start, that's usually how I get ideas(considering I love to write!) anyways, or you can start it out by one of her problems she's having, or an introduction, or even for her to crave to do something's for instance: "my father always told me adventures are a man thing. And that a princess like me has better things to do with myself. But I can't stop thinking about it. Ever since I was a child, the sound of the wolves howling at night, the birds chirping in the evening and the big full moon, surrounded in the deep dark blue sky, surrounded by thousands and thousands of bright glittering stars." And then you could continute from there.
I hoped I helped. I understand, beginning a story is a HARD THING to do! Good luck!

message 20: by Chloe Fandom Queen (last edited Aug 05, 2013 12:32AM) (new)

Chloe Fandom Queen Thanks! That was a great help :D Is there anything else I should know?

message 21: by Makayla (new)

Makayla | 4 comments Umm...what do you mean?
Well I've noticed something that readers really hate. They hate when the story drags to long, or hurries too fast. Umm...also, I would suggest not to put anything inappropriate in the book.
There is many moms and teens out there that do not like their kids to read that kind of stuff, so yeah.
Sorry, I hope these tips helped a bit. And i would love to read your story when it is finished. And was these the type of tips you were looking for?
And glad I can help!

message 22: by Makayla (new)

Makayla | 4 comments Also, I've learned reading a lot, and getting ideas from your favorite books, or books similar to what you're writing may help. So you can see from where they go to the beginning to the end. And how they like gain on the good stuff. Does that make since?

Chloe Fandom Queen Yes, thank you, I think I have a good start now, it's not too long but I think it explains some things well