Coffee And Characters discussion

Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle (last edited Mar 09, 2013 10:08PM) (new)

Danielle Annett (danielle-annett) | 138 comments Mod
This is where you tell everyone a little about yourself. What you like to read. Maybe a little about your home life or occupation. Favorite books and authors ect.. Also if you have a book blog or webpage, post the link here

Az (أسماء) The name is Asma, i go by As or Meewa ^^
I'm 16 years old, one more semester of high school!!
I live in WA i spend my time between reading and writing!
I LOVE reading Fantasy and sometimes Sci-Fic.
Because they are out of this world and they always give me a sense of possibilities.
English isnt my only language but, it became the language that i chose to write with and the language of my favorite authors!
I have A LOT of favorite books!!!
My favorite authors are Cinda Williams Chima, Quinn Loftis, Cassandra Clare, Kiera Cass, Erica Stevens, Colleen Houck, Kristin Cashore, Kaitlyn Davis, Richelle Mead, Jennifer L. Armentrout, and Jodi Meadows!! i still have much much much more but those are my top xD

As for my fave books well let's just give you a little taste cuz they are a lot MORE than the authors : Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis and the other 5 of the series.
The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima and the other 2
Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck and the other 4
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare
The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass
Ignite (Midnight Fire, #1) by Kaitlyn Davis and the other 3
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead and the other 5
Captured (The Captive, #1) by Erica Stevens and the other 3
Elfin (The Elfin, #1) by Quinn Loftis , Firelight (Firelight, #1) by Sophie Jordan , Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore , Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3) by Kristin Cashore , Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare , Valor (Greystone, #1) by Taylor Longford , Die for Me (Revenants, #1) by Amy Plum , Croak (Croak, #1) by Gina Damico Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) by Jodi Meadows Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout A Job From Hell (Ancient Legends, #1) by Jayde Scott The Wizard Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #2) by Cinda Williams Chima and the other 2
and the other two that i dont count as fantasy are Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck and 1984 by George Orwell

okay i guess that is WAY more than what i needed to say/type to introduce myself so forgive me!! : )

message 3: by Jessica (last edited Mar 10, 2013 01:31AM) (new)

Jessica G (naruto4hokage) | 3 comments Hi, I'm Jess!
I'm a book worm who, if I don't have time for reading, then I'll make some time. (This usually has something to do with the unfinished homework assignments )
My favourite genres are Action, Sci-fi, comedy and supernatural.
Some of my favourite authors are Cassandra Clare, Aprilynne Pike, Richelle Mead, Jessica Shirvington, Lisa M Stasse, Lauren Oliver, Scott Westerfeld, James Patterson and heaps more.
I have a huge thing for zombies (and llamas).
Oh! And I'm reading Warm Bodies at the moment which is by Issac Marion.

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cooper (andrearcooper) | 5 comments Thank you for the invite. I'm Andrea. I love reading paranormal, fantasy, and historical romance. I also am addicted to YA in the above as well. My favorite authors are Anne Bishop, Kim Harrison, Terry Goodkind, and the House of Night series.
I'm a stay-at-home mom and a writer. My debut paranormal romance, The Garnet Dagger, will be available March 25,2013 from Crimson Romance.

www.andreaRcooper.com

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

message 5: by Danielle (new)

Hey Andrea- Congrats on having your debut novel completed with its upcoming release. If you would like to visit the author's corner and request reviews feel free to. We'd love to see your material :)

message 6: by Addy (new)

Addy (booksforgetmeknot) | 5 comments My name is not Emma Snow. It's a pen name I've picked up along the way. I am a bookish fiend, a part-time zombie slayer, and lover of tea and shiny things.

YA is mostly what I read. I'm trying to expand my horizons by reading YA contemporary, more classics, and new NA novels! :D

message 7: by Lex (new)

Lex Allen (lexallenbooks) Greetings - My name is Lex and I am author of the Imagine Trilogy, a supernatural/sci-fi story with strong New Age elements.

To date the first two books have been published - "No Heaven" and "No Hell". The third "No Religion" will be published in June of this year.

I'm also an avid reader and my favorite genres are paranormal/supernatural thrillers, soft sci-fi, horror (not the slash and gash kind) and religious thrillers, particularly those that unveil religious conspiracy's and highlight the negative effects religion has had on humankind.

Andrea - I'd be very interested in linking to your website. I'm not sure what "blog hosting" would entail, but it sounds equally interesting... :o).

message 8: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cooper (andrearcooper) | 5 comments Lex, your books sound interesting. Thank you for the comment on my book & blog. lmk when your book is out.

message 9: by Lex (new)

Lex Allen (lexallenbooks) Oh, my... I seemed to have goofed. No offense, Andrea and thanks for your comment about my books; but, I meant to write "Danielle" rather than "Andrea" in my previous comment.

Hope there's no offense on your part either, Danielle.

message 10: by Lu (new)

Lu (luul) Hi I'm Lee
I'm the Author of Judged By Your Peers a tale of friendship and deciet.
And the two-part crime story Once Upon A Set of Wheels.
All my stories are set in and around my home town of Sowerby Bridge, West yorkshire (UK)
I'm also a book worm and will read more or less anything (within reason of course).
Looking forward to getting to know you all.

message 11: by Danielle (new)

We're Happy to have you all!

message 12: by Eva (new)

Eva (froschkoenigin) | 1 comments Hello everyone! I'm Eva and I live in Vienna. Austria where I study medicine. I've loved books ever since I can remember and fell in love with more fictional characters than I can count. I'm looking forward to good conversations and a lot of fun with you all!

message 13: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Willow | 1 comments Hi, everyone! I have always enjoyed reading fantasy. C.S. Lewis, Tolkien, and Rowling are a few of my favorites. I have also published 4 books. You can visit my website at www.cynthiapwillow.com or my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/cynthiapwillow Also, I just released the first 2 books in my new fantasy series. Book 1 is FREE today (3-25) and tomorrow (3-26), so grab yourself a copy for your Kindle or Kindle app! Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/The-Land-Flames...

message 14: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 1 comments Hi,
I'm Carmen Stefanescu from:
http://shadowspastmystery.blogspot.ro/
I am an avid reader and, recently, I've become a published author. I love the classics.Th Hardy, J. Austen, Hemingway, Dreiser. However I adore a good thriller, mostly paranormal mysteries( not vampires, though I live in Romania, Dracula's country). Ghosts, witches, wizards.
And poetry:Wordsworth, Eminescu, Tennyson!
English is not my first, not even my second language.
Yet, everything that I published - poetry or prose- is written in Will's language!
Looking forward to be part of your group!
Best regards to everyone!
Carmen

message 15: by Danielle (new)

Welcome Eva, Cynthia, and Carem. So glad you've decided to join our group :)

~ Rose ~ ☯Desert Rose❀ (butterscotchbubbles) Hi! My name is Rose. I've been a book worm since I was 3, and will read pretty much anything. I don't really have any favorite authors or books- those lists would be well into the double digits :P

I had to take a break from reading the past few years due getting married and dealing with life lol but am back now, and reading anything I can get my hands on :) I just discovered Kindle and ebooks, and the paranormal genre (I mostly read mystery and thriller before my book break) and am enjoying most of the books I've found so far.

I'm a stay-at-home wife, and enjoy spending my days reviewing/editing books for authors (hint hint ;). My hubby and I are entertaining the idea of starting a little editing/reviewing business, as he's an English major and we're both amateur authors.

Other than reading/writing, we're both musicians, and are working on our first album together :)

Looking forward to being a part of the group! :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi and thanks to Danielle for inviting me to join this group. My name is Richie and I'm a writer of young adult fantasy, my second book is due for release May 29th.

Apart from loving the fantasy genre, I particularly enjoy books that make me laugh.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi and a big thanks to the group Creator Danielle. This is an interesting group. :)

My name is Guinevere and Im currently a PCA which Im glad is enough to pay the bills and still have time to accomplish my goal of becoming a published author. :)

I love Paranormal romance, Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, a bit of Science Fiction, but mainly Fantasy sub genres. I think my favorite mainstream author is Cassandra Clare, as she's become very visible. But I like Susan Ee, Marie Lu, Octavia Butler and Colleen Houck right now as well.

I co-write two blogs:
http://yamulticulturaljunkie.wordpres...
Focuses on my journey on becoming published

http://guinandlibertadtomas.blogspot.com
Focuses on reviews of books I've read or rants and raves. Both blogs speak about multiculturalism in books.

If anyone follows me, I'd be happy to follow back.

message 19: by Janeal (new)

Janeal Falor Hi Everyone!

I'm a homeschooling mother of 3. It definitely keeps like interesting. When I manage to squeeze in time I write. My debut YA Fantasy comes out May 6th which is really exciting.

My most favorite book/author is always changing, but right now it's The Girl of Fire and Thorns and it's squeal. I love what Rae Carson has done with the world.

Look forward to seeing everyone around!

message 20: by Amber (new)

Amber Hodges (paradiseofpages) Hi! I'm Amber. I'm 24 and deciding what to go back to college for. I'm thinking graphic design but not sure yet. I have a chihuahua named Moose that is my kiddo. I read as much as life lets me and I try to go for at least 3 books if not more a week. I love romance, comedy, or paranormal books. My favorite authors are nicholas sparks, sarah dessen, aprilynne pike, jordanna fraiberg, alyson noel and more I can't think of right now. I'm glad to be here and can't wait to get to know you all!

Amber

www.paradiseofpages.blogspot.com

message 21: by Amy (new)

Amy Logg (amylogg) | 1 comments Hello All, I'm Amy a graphic designer from Australia (great study choice Amber!). Right now I design logos & corporate branding, but one day I'd love to design book covers or illustrate children's books!

I love to read YA & NA, fantasy, paranormal & romance novels. My favourite authors would be Jessica Shirvington & Julie Cohen!

Amy @ The Reading Realm

message 22: by Adri (new)

Adri (theloveofbooks) Hi, my name is Adriana and I love everything Paranormal and Supernatural! That is my #1 but I also like the YA romance ;D

I am a born again bookworm! I have read more in the past 1 1/2 than I ever did when I was younger. I all the beautiful YA books and I still do read Adult, especially in Paranormal. My favorite Author in Adult UF is Kristen Painter and in YA is Richelle Mead. I have lots more Authors but these 2 have been the inspiration to my love of reading again.

I love watching Horror & Vampire movies, the gorier the better.

message 23: by Lillian (new)

Lillian Bishop (lillian-bishop) | 2 comments Hello everyone! :) I'm Lillian, and I'm new to good reads here, but I'm excited for this group! I love paranormal anything, and am a big fan of YA books. I do want to get some recommendations for new authors to the genre, I'm feeling the need to sink my teeth into something new!

I've just recently published a book with a friend of mine, we're just getting started with a new paranormal YA series, more about that here: www.witch-lake.com

Anyone got any recommendations for me out the gate? :)

message 24: by Danielle (new)

Hey Everyone
Just wanted to say Welcome and I hope you all enjoy your stay here :)

message 25: by Niall (new)

Niall Teasdale | 1 comments Hi, I'm Niall and I just got invited to this group and figured, "Hey, why not?"

I enjoy fantasy, especially urban, and science fiction, especially firm-but-not-too-hard. I also write fantasy (fairly urban) and science fiction (not space opera, character driven). My first sci-fi book is out Saturday and aside from that I'm not plugging nothing 'til I get to know you better.

I could do with some good sci-fi book recommendations. Finding stuff I like is way harder than the fantasy reads.

message 26: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (thereadingdiaries) | 2 comments Hi, I'm Mandy!
I was invited to the group as well.
I'm a little shy but you wouldn't know it since I'm a daily blogger and a little addicted to goodreads.
I've always been a fan of anything paranormal plus I always seen to have a cup of coffee lately.
I'm really excited to be a part of the group!
Mandy @ The Reading Diaries

message 27: by •*°●☆Paula May☆●°*• (last edited May 30, 2013 12:35PM) (new)

•*°●☆Paula May☆●°*• Hi I'm Paula.
I too was invited to the group, I really enjoy paranormal romance, urban fantasy and dystopia books.
Really looking forward to getting involved and finding new books to read :)

message 28: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Hi everyone! Thanks to Laurie for the invite.
I'm Rosanna Leo and I write erotic romance, mostly of the paranormal variety, but some contemporary thrown in to keep me on my toes. I'm so pleased to join this group and look forward to meeting and chatting with you!

message 29: by Angela (new)

Angela McCallister (AngelaMcCallister) | 6 comments Danielle, you had me at paranormal (ahem--and coffee). I'm an electronics tech in the US Navy and renewed my reading habit with a vengeance while on deployment. I now read about 300 books per year (haven't caught up my Goodreads records yet, but Shelfari can attest!).

I also now write paranormal romance for Entangled Publishing, and my debut released on May 20 as part of a looong launch of Covet Books, EP's category line for paranormal. Your invite caught me during my blog tour, but I'll save that for the Author's Corner :)

I read just about any romance genre but inspy. At the moment (cause this changes often), my favs are KMM's Fever series and Darynda Jones. This is odd considering I don't prefer first person, but it was done well. Oh, and Dresden Files, though that's not romance :)

So glad to be among fellow fans of paranormal!

Laurie: Almost Faemous (laurie-almostfaemous) Welcome everyone hope you enjoy the group!

message 31: by Cedric (new)

Cedric Nye (cedricnye) | 1 comments Hello! My name is Cedric, and I am down with paranormal, urban fantasy, the darker the better! Awesome group, I am glad to be here.

I guess I can say that I just got a book up on Amazon. It is a Zompoc-themed book, but some new ideas are introduced. You know what? I am not going to go on and on! The book is free today, Friday the 31st. Be aware, though, there is a steamy session of lovemaking in there.

Thank you for having a killer group.
Cedric

Laurie: Almost Faemous (laurie-almostfaemous) Welcome Cedric!

message 33: by Charlie (new)

Charlie Fey (lichaka) | 3 comments Hey All! I go by CHARLIE, because that's one of my pen names and it's really fun to say (CHARLIE!!). I'll read anything that is fun and entertaining, especially if it has paranormal stuffies in it. My book "Magic School U.S.A: Easy A" is up on Amazon and the next in the series, Easy A/2 will be coming out in a few weeks. Yay, me! Nice group enjoying some of the discussions already. :)

message 34: by Danielle (new)

Charlie wrote: "Hey All! I go by CHARLIE, because that's one of my pen names and it's really fun to say (CHARLIE!!). I'll read anything that is fun and entertaining, especially if it has paranormal stuffies in it...."

Nice to meet you charlie! I'll have to take a peak at your Books blurb :)

message 35: by Iris (new)

Iris Claudio | 2 comments My name is Iris, and I'm new to Goodreads and this group. Though I write, I haven't published any books or anything on my Goodreads account (yet). I'm currently in college and hoping to get a career in publishing.

My blog is: http://forlackofsomegoodwriting.wordp...

Thank you for letting me join the group! :)

Laurie: Almost Faemous (laurie-almostfaemous) Welcome Iris I hope you enjoy the group!

message 37: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Eddy (patricia_eddy) | 2 comments Hello everyone! I'm a paranormal romance reader and author. I pretty much love all books, with the exception of historical fiction. Although I believe that there's good historical fiction that I would like, I just haven't found it yet.

My favorite authors are Lindsay Buroker, JD Robb, Katie Reuss. There are really too many to list, but those are my top three right now.

In the shameless self-promotion department, I have my first book on sale now. It's a dark paranormal romance with witches, devils, and humans that will be an eventual trilogy and my second series (on vampires) will be out in September.

Here's a link to my book. It's getting good reviews (and not just from friends), but I really need more reviews and ratings. I'm working on the whole marketing thing. :-)

By the Fates, Freed (By the Fates, #1) by Patricia D. Eddy By the Fates, Freed

Laurie: Almost Faemous (laurie-almostfaemous) Welcome Patricia! Enjoy the group

message 39: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Payeur | 3 comments Hi everyone! I read and write Paranormal Romance and Fantasy. I read anything fiction, but paranormal and fantasy really draw me in.

Favorite authors? Mariana Thorn, Nalini Singh, Genevieve Jack, Eve Langlais, Lindsay Sands, Kerrilyn Sparks, and on, and on, and on. :)

I'd love it if everyone would join me on facebook and my website! www.facebook.com/kaylapayeurpararomance
www.kaylapayeur.weebly.com

message 40: by Danielle (new)

So Glad to have you Kayla! Hope you enjoy your stay!