Shadow Falls discussion

Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1)
This topic is about Born at Midnight
Outside Camp > The Falls

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments

The falls. Now many campers will come close to them, too frightened of the mythical Death Angels.

message 2: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Jana led Darla, Luna, and Jake to the falls. Darla tensed up and her mouth twisted uncomfortably.

message 3: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna shivered and hugged herself, "it's kinda creepy here.." But it looked so peaceful.

message 4: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments "Look, there's the path to camp!" Jake said excitedly. He felt uneasy but was able to ignore the uneasiness easily.

message 5: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna nodded and dashed for it, "let's go!"

message 6: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments "Be careful." Jake warned as he followed after her.

message 7: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna shook her head and sprinted, she knew she wasn't a fast runner, but she tried pushing herself.

message 8: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments "Luna!" Jake called, worried she would trip and fall or something.

message 9: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna lost her footing easily and fell. She curled into a ball and started crying. She wanted Felicia and her baby girls.

message 10: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments "I told to to be careful." He said with a sigh and went to help her up.

message 11: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments She sniffled, "I don't wanna get up," she curled up more.

message 12: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments "Come on Luna you have to." He said, trying to coax her.

message 13: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments She shook her head, getting grass tangled in her long hair .

message 14: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments "How will you see Nyx or Alex or Kiki again if you don't?" He asked.

message 15: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments She cried harder, "I'm never going to see Kiki again!"

message 16: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments "Of course you will." He said, trying to be patient.

message 17: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments She shook her head, "my little wolf baby isn't coming back. Felicia is made at me and will never bring her back !"

message 18: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Jake ground his jaw. "Why would she be mad at you?"

message 19: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments "Because of what happened! I slept over in your cabin and she got the wrong idea!" She sobbed.

message 20: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments "She knows nothing would happen between us." He growled.

message 21: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna sniffled and hugged herself, "she's still mad though..."

message 22: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments "So she's going to kidnap your daughter?" He asked flatly.

message 23: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments "No..." Luna looked up at him.

message 24: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments "So what do you think she'll do?" He asked with an eye roll.

message 25: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments " I-I don't know," she stuttered.

message 26: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments "Why do you think she'll do anything?" He asked.

message 27: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments She sniffled, "I trust her. I'm just scared."

message 28: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments "So how does crying on the ground solve anything?" Jake asked. "Let's get back to camp."

message 29: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments She sniffled and stained there a couple more minutes before getting up.

message 30: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments "There you go." He said as he helped her to her feet.

message 31: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments She nodded, "thanks.."

message 32: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments "Let's get back to camp." He said and held her elbow gently as they walked.

message 33: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna stumbled at first but quickly got her footing and walked with him.

message 34: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments He steadied her when she tripped while Darla and Jana followed along behind them.

message 35: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna glanced around oddly, getting frightened by even the smallest sound.

message 36: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments "Almost there...." Darla said, on edge and almost snappish.

message 37: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna nodded and gasped, "I can see camp!"

message 38: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Darla sighed in relief. "Oh good. That place sets me on edge." She shivered.

message 39: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna nodded, knowing exactly what she meant.

((Cont. there?))

message 40: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments (Yeah)

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (Clarisse) | 101 comments "Ugh, this place gives me the chills." Jana said and shivered.
"There is something off about this place. Do you get the feeling we are being watched?" Caleb asked.
Jana was seriously spooked, and Caleb was not helping. She told him to shut it and keep walking.

After some minutes.

"What's the time?" Jana asked. Caleb took his phone out and checked, the light illuminated their path ahead.

"11:48pm. We still have a few more minutes." he replied.

message 42: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna fallowed and waited until 12:59 to walk out, "I told you I was coming," she forced a force field around the fetus, protecting her baby.

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (Clarisse) | 101 comments (you mean 11:59?)

Jana turned around and gasped.
"Luna!" She ran over and hugged her. Jana was kind of glad she came.

"Okay guys. Almost 12.....aaaaaaaand its 12, officially midnight." Caleb announced.

Nothing happened. They all stared in silence confused. Maybe it was just a prank...? Jana thought, but suddenly a voice was heard over the roaring water of the Falls.

"Well well well. Looks like you're finally here." it was a male's voice. Although it sounded of determination and a hint of malice, Caleb was able to sense the underlying fear. His emotion-sensing abilites were finally coming handy.

A dark figure appeared in front of them.

message 44: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments ((Ya))

Luna flinched, she burrows her fear and plaited with her bright red dress, "what do you want?" She tried to sound stern, but it came out smooth.

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (Clarisse) | 101 comments The figure laughed menacingly. It was still too dark to see, or identigy who that was.

"Screw this, you and your stupid 'trying-to-be-mysterious-and-scary crap. Cut the crap and tell us what you want." Jana said taking the phone out of Caleb's hand and shining teh light in front of them.

Luna gasped. "Oliver..?"

No. There was no denying the ink black hair, and blue eyes, and features that could easily let him pass as Oliver... but this guy was slightly shorter and leaner. Oliver was more built. there was something off about him.
Jana felt as though he looked familiar.

"No, not Oliver... " Jana gasped in realization, "Its you! That fake-Oliver dude!"

message 47: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna let her wings out, her eyes bright red. The green in her wings had a black and red tint right now. She lifted off and flew into the guy, knocking him over.

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (Clarisse) | 101 comments "Luna! Stop! Let's hear him out." Jana said.

The guy got up looking scared about to run away.

"Dont look so tough now eh?" Luna asked

"Stop. I-I just need help. You promised to help me before. You said you wouldnt hurt me. I know I ran away, but I'm here now. Im in trouble. They're coming for me!" He said.

Jana looked at Caleb. "Can we trust him."

Caleb sized him up and nodded. "He sounds sincere enough. He's telling the truth."

message 49: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna wasn't sure what was wrong with her, violence wasn't in her nature, "if you run away again, i swear I'll-"
"Luna.." Jana's worried tone cut her off.
Luna glared at the guy then pulled her wings back into her back.

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (Clarisse) | 101 comments Jana was all for kicking ass and generally pummeling people without reason... but Luna was here, and picking fights is not exactly safe. Plus she was pregant, Jana didnt want to do anything that would put any of them in danger.

"Well, you're here now. Speak. What will you give us if we help you?" Jana asked.
"You wouldn't be dumb anough to run away a second time woudl you?"

« previous 1