Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Lady Almina og virkelighedens Downton Abbey
Book Issues > 1 author, 2 different names

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah (needs a break from reviewing) (sarahjf1984) | 232 comments Hi all, the above book is authored by Lady Fiona Carnarvon, the English version is authored by The Countess of Carnarvon. Not sure whether the two different names should be merged in order to be able to combine the above edition into the rest of the editions, or not. Thanks for your help.

message 2: by Sylvie (new)

Sylvie (sylview) | 183 comments It looks like this was combined already. However, I have changed the three different author profiles I found into one as "Fiona Carnarvon" since my understanding of GR policy is that we don't use titles in author names (e.g., Walter Scott not Sir Walter Scott).

Sarah (needs a break from reviewing) (sarahjf1984) | 232 comments Sylvie wrote: "It looks like this was combined already. However, I have changed the three different author profiles I found into one as "Fiona Carnarvon" since my understanding of GR policy is that we don't use t..."

Thanks Sylvie. It did seem strange to have an author going by the name of The Countess of Carnarvon.