Books, Books, and more Books! discussion

Group Reads! > March 2013 reads "Marked"

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (booklovinnerdygirl) I personally liked this book a lot.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I also liked this book, but I think the series is a bit too long.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (stuckinotherworlds) Right now I'm reading this book and I am LOVING it! :D

message 4: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I love this series. though some people hated this.. I'm waiting for the 11th book this coming Fall 2013. :)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) I love the series. I just finished the second book yesterday.

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I love the first handful of books, but then it just became too stretched.

message 7: by Mikaela (new)

Mikaela | 7 comments I loved this entire series!! these book are wonderfully written with plenty of adventure and love mixed in. the only thing that sorta bugged me was Zoey's constant switching between guys. Like hey I love Eric, wait no I love Loren.. jk hes a douche I love Heath; but wait! hey look at Stark... it's a little much

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Yeah, that's what got to me. There were just too many guys.

message 9: by Mikaela (new)

Mikaela | 7 comments exactly like love doesn't work that way lmao even though I applaud how she flips out. when she does everyone stops and listens up. I love it hahaha btw, I love your picture. Wolves <3 (to Kaitlin)

message 10: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I like Aphrodite ;) hahaha!

message 11: by Perenelle (new)

Perenelle | 10 comments the series gets worse though.
Personally, i think the first two were the best.
The third was awful though...

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Mikaela wrote: "exactly like love doesn't work that way lmao even though I applaud how she flips out. when she does everyone stops and listens up. I love it hahaha btw, I love your picture. Wolves <3 (to Kaitlin)"

Thanks. I found it while looking through National Geographic's wallpapers.

message 13: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (summerray) | 11 comments I have read everybook in the series (as of right now) and loved them all. Some of its predictable but other parts keep you guessing. Anyway you should definitely read it.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I tried reading this book but I stopped...I didn't like it c: I guess it has to do with the profanity and the mentions of sex and the like. i wouldn't want my daughter reading that.

message 15: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (summerray) | 11 comments That is the downside of the book series. There is profanity and a lot of talk and comments about sex and things like that, but from a daughters perspective the rest of the story is very good.

message 16: by Martha (new)

Martha Samsell (tmhoira2012) I found the book to be inappropriate for young adults. I did not like the subject matter of the book nor did I like the references. I have read half of it and wish the reference to a particular act had been edited from the book. This is not a book for teenagers.

message 17: by Martha (new)

Martha Samsell (tmhoira2012) I am also angry in the way the story makes fun of Christian people. I do not like the occult and am angry at the reoccurring occult theme in Young Adult Literature. I find it rather disturbing and so is this book.

message 18: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa People on goodreads seems to hate it and I've read the first 10 pages and the characters are so..ugh. they sound like dumb stereotype teenagers. So all in all not going to finish.

message 19: by American Wolf (new)

American Wolf | 45 comments i finished it and it was soo bad and got the 2 book as a gift maybe and didnt read it but went through it it look worse then the 1st

message 20: by Christine (new)

Christine (blackcat14) | 4 comments I really like the book series. I felt like it brought something new to the table. Sometimes they can complain a little, but they are teenagers, that is what teenagers do. I cannot wait for the next book to come out this fall!!!

Also this kind of reminds me of the 'Daughters of the Moon' series now that I think of it.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

my crazy friend at school ruined the ending but im still gonna to read it.

message 22: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (wrecklessone) Mhoira wrote: "I found the book to be inappropriate for young adults. I did not like the subject matter of the book nor did I like the references. I have read half of it and wish the reference to a particular act..."

I have to disagree with you. There is nothing in these books that makes them inappropriate for teenagers. Teenagers use profanity far more often than they do in the book. They pretty much act just how teenagers act.

message 23: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (booklovinnerdygirl) Daniel wrote: "Mhoira wrote: "I found the book to be inappropriate for young adults. I did not like the subject matter of the book nor did I like the references. I have read half of it and wish the reference to a..."

I completely agree with you

message 24: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (Ancillotti) Miller (jancillotti) | 18 comments I honestly am in love with the series!!!

message 25: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) What book r u guys talking about?