Q&A with Victoria Vane discussion

SNEAK PEEKS

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Vane (victoriavane) | 299 comments Mod
Hi All!
For those who asked, here is a link to the blurb and excerpt from my work-in-progress, my first contemporary romance, SMOOTH TALKIN' COWBOY.
http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3....
Your comments and/or critiques are welcome!

message 2: by Victoria (last edited Jul 08, 2013 04:27PM) (new)

My gaze rested on the bedside table. There was his dagger, the deadly jimbiya.
I picked it up, examining it slowly. Reverently. The sheath alone, wrought of silver, was a bejeweled work of art. I withdrew the ivory handled blade. If weapons such as these were a show of a man's status, his was that of a king. But for all of its beauty, I was in even greater admiration of its lethal utility.
The curve of the blade, lessened the need to bend the wrist, making it a superior stabbing weapon than a straight blade. The heaviness of it enabled it to inflict deeper and larger wounds, to cut with relative ease through muscle and slit entire organs. I marveled that he would have left it behind. It seemed such a thoughtless act for a man who had professed to leaving nothing to chance.
My pulse raced. My implement of escape was at hand. I only wanted the proper timing.
THE SHEIK RETOLD THE SHEIK RETOLD by Victoria Vane

message 3: by Ki (new)

Ki (kazamei) | 8 comments :D

message 4: by Victoria (last edited Jul 09, 2013 11:44AM) (new)

On a nearby table were several small glass bottles of fragrant oils. I selected one and asked Zilah, "What is this?" Her eyes grew wide as I removed the stopper and sniffed. I closed my eyes, instantly recognizing the scent. I thrust it from me with a snort of disgust. Nevertheless it haunted me, overwhelming my senses with the tauntingly familiar perfume, a blend of ambergris and sweet incense with nuances of tobacco and wood—attar of Ahmed Ben Hassan, Sheik of the Sahara. THE SHEIK RETOLD

message 5: by Victoria (new)

Here is my vision of my heroine, Diana Mayo from THE SHEIK RETOLD by Victoria Vane THE SHEIK RETOLD

message 6: by Terry (new)

Terry | 2 comments You have me hooked already!

message 7: by Victoria (new)

Terry wrote: "You have me hooked already!"

Hi Terry,
This story has been a true delight for me. I can't wait for its release and hope you all will help me spread the word. XO Victoria

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) Victoria, the excerpts are just enough to whet my appetite! Love the picture of your heroine!

message 9: by Victoria (new)

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* wrote: "Victoria, the excerpts are just enough to whet my appetite! Love the picture of your heroine!"

I love her too. Spoiled, rich, and disdainful.I think she is perfect!