Anne Stuart Fans discussion

Risk the Night
This topic is about Risk the Night
Romantic Suspense > Risk the Night *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Gotta Have My AS Fix! (last edited Mar 09, 2013 06:32PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 347 comments Mod
Book Description:

Reporter Maddy Banks doesn’t realize what she’s getting into when she makes arrangements to have an anonymous interview with an assassin. Her life in Paris was safe, with a devoted if slightly smug boyfriend and a career that was slowly taking off. When she first meets the man calling himself Constantine she can’t see him and his voice is disguised. Even so, she feels a distinct, erotic pull that horrifies her.

Con has no use for relationships, particularly with a reporter. But he can’t get Maddy Banks out of his mind, and when he runs into her later that evening he can’t resist playing with fire Neither of them had any idea how brightly it would burn.

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Gotta Have My AS Fix! (new) - rated it 4 stars

What are your thoughts about this new short story by Anne?

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Gotta Have My AS Fix! (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finally read this a few days ago. It was very good. I wasn't that into Maddy, she didn't click for me, but I loved Constantine. The short length was brutal, but it was actually well concluded.

It's a nice sneak you in read for Anne Stuart if you need a fix. Which I did.

message 4: by Cindi (new) - added it

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 15 comments I usually don't like or read shorts b/c of lack of development...but it sounds like this one isn't bad!

message 5: by KC (new) - rated it 5 stars

KC (livingwithmyshelf) | 7 comments I loved it, especially Constantine. Talk about hot! Maddy didn't bother me, even though she cheated on her boyfriend. Maybe it's because Constantine was so irresistible that her fall from grace seemed understandable. Anne does have a way of making flawed characters appealing, especially her heroes. Constantine was casually dating someone else too, but I think he was with her as a part of his cover.

Anne writes well whether she's working with a short or full-length novel. But I think the shorter length allows her spare, efficient prose to shine while also forcing her to focus on the romance (much like the authors who write category romance do, where there is limited "real estate"). Sure, I would have welcomed a longer story but it was still a steamy, yet romantic read.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Gotta Have My AS Fix! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cindi wrote: "I usually don't like or read shorts b/c of lack of development...but it sounds like this one isn't bad!"

It's very well written, for what's there. I think it could be continued or have those characters show up in another book.

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Gotta Have My AS Fix! (last edited Apr 23, 2016 02:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

KC wrote: "I loved it, especially Constantine. Talk about hot! Maddy didn't bother me, even though she cheated on her boyfriend. Maybe it's because Constantine was so irresistible that her fall from grace see..."

I don't mind flawed characters. I didn't like the cheating, but that wasn't my issue with her. She was just a bit bland for me.

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Gotta Have My AS Fix! (new) - rated it 4 stars

I love AS's category romances. Like crazy!

message 9: by KC (new) - rated it 5 stars

KC (livingwithmyshelf) | 7 comments Bland is better than TSTL or annoying. Of course, I can see how it would be annoying!

I am slowly going through her category romance backlist. My favorites so far include the first "Catspaw" and "Banish Misfortune".

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Gotta Have My AS Fix! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Catspaw is great. Haven't read Banish Misfortune yet.