Goodreads All Sorts discussion

Member's Corners > Sky's Corner

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller Hello Sky! What are you reading?

message 2: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller 平和 SkyTheInsane平和 ☆To Push Is To Pull Backwards★ wrote: "The Host by Stephanie Meyer. I didn't like Twilight, but I decided she was a pretty good author, so I'm giving this a try."

My daughter said The Host is better and really liked it. I refuse to read anymore by Ms Meyer, but won't ridicule those that do. I love readers! If you read, you can't be all bad... hehehehe. :D

I am a multiple-book reader and am reading And Then There Were None, A Dance With Dragons and hoping to finish Bad Moon Rising tonight.

message 3: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veraj121) | 271 comments Hi Sky. How do you like the Host. I thought I was dreaming at first. But I thought I heard this was going to be a movie. Did I here that correctly?

message 4: by Jack, Founder (new)

Jack (jack_) | 2831 comments Mod
Yeah, Soarse Ronan is starring in it.

message 5: by Glenda (new)

Glenda (glenda-r) Good morning to Sky and everyone else. Just peeking in here. I'm trying to read everyone's contributions to their corner each day. So far, so good.

Sky, I read the very first Twilight book. Not my cup of tea but to each his own.

I'm of the opinion that if you're reading a book, article, website, anything really you are way ahead of anyone who is not reading.

Happy Sunday to all.

message 6: by Jack, Founder (new)

Happy Sunday!

message 7: by Pink (new)

Pink Hi Sky, thought I'd stop by your corner! I feel pretty similar to you about Stephanie Meyer, I watched the twilight films with my daughter, but didn't fancy reading them. I am intrigued by The Host and have been considering it, how are you finding it?

message 8: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Hi, Sky!:) I'm digging your corner you've got set up here. I hope you continue to enjoy The Host. I didn't care for it much, but to each their own, right?

message 9: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Feel free to design your corner how ever you choose, Sky. It is yours, after all.:)

message 10: by Jack, Founder (new)

Couldn't have said it better myself Dustin.

message 11: by Jack, Founder (new)

Hi Sky, I like science to, biology was my favourite. :-) oops I mean :) (I don't know how to do your smiley faces lol)

message 12: by Jack, Founder (new)

Wow, complicated, but I'll learn! ^.^ Hi! How's it going?

message 13: by Jack, Founder (new)

Sorry, but I'm in the "most" category. What are you currently reading?

message 14: by Jack, Founder (new)

Are you enjoying it?

message 15: by Pink (last edited Mar 18, 2013 03:42PM) (new)

Pink Hi Sky, I like your description of likes and dislikes (have to say that song would be a musical dislike for me!) Aerospace and bio-technics sounds like an amazing choice to be making, I hated science at school, but my teenage daughter loves it, she'd just about to take her A-levels (UK exams studied between 16 - 18 years) in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English, she wants to do a Science based degree, but isn't sure what yet!

I'm going to attempt your favourite emoticons now (I usually have only basic smiley face use) =^.^= hope that was right!!

Oh and I'd be interested to know with Jack, how you're finding The Host?

message 16: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Jack wrote: "Couldn't have said it better myself Dustin."

Thank you, I appreciate that, Jack!:)

message 17: by DENISA (new)

DENISA HOWE | 1697 comments Hello Sky!!! thought I would visit today and see how you are... hope all is going well.. I have been just floating around here and there...

message 18: by Jean (new)

Jean (Busybooks) | 73 comments Hi Sky. I thought Host was a damn good read. I saw on Kobo that it was being made into a movie, not sure as I don't usually keep up with the entertainment news. Prefer to read the book before watching the movie, unless I wasn't aware the movie was based on the book.

Enjoy the book

message 19: by Jean (new)

Jean (Busybooks) | 73 comments Una Vox Quae Prominebat 平和The Sky's the Limit平和 wrote: "The Host was so good! I surprisingly didn't expect the ending!"

It was hey. Always thought there was another story in there somewhere. Muuuuuuuch better that the Twilight books. Enjoy odd books like that

message 20: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Hey Sky! I read the Twilight saga and really enjoyed it, ahha but everybody has their own opinion :P
I didnt read The Host but i maybe add it to my to-read list.
I enjoy Rock music too! Do you like Paramore?

message 21: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 372 comments Well what is the character like?

message 22: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 372 comments Sichore. Pronounced Siko'ree.

message 23: by Jack, Founder (new)

How about Debbie. Lol

message 24: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments I love 30 seconds to mars! so in love with jared leto (drooling)
I like the names Sutton and Siobhan

message 25: by DENISA (new)

DENISA HOWE | 1697 comments <--------------------- waving at Sky... its a lovely day here... was wondering what you are up to?

message 26: by DENISA (new)

DENISA HOWE | 1697 comments Kyle things are ... "hmmm shall we say... completely wonderful"

message 27: by DENISA (new)

DENISA HOWE | 1697 comments ohhhhhhhhhhhhh you didn't tell me.... is it up yet?

message 28: by DENISA (new)

DENISA HOWE | 1697 comments done deal my friend
thank you

message 29: by DENISA (new)

DENISA HOWE | 1697 comments Sky... how is everything? Are you reading anything new? I finished the The Good House.. and now I am off to read The Warring by Kristen Wells... hope your weekend brings lots of smiles...

message 30: by Cherrelle (new)

Cherrelle Smith (spoonary) What's wrong with the second page? O_O

message 31: by DENISA (new)

DENISA HOWE | 1697 comments Una Vox Quae Prominebat 平和The Sky's the Limit平和 wrote: "NO my corner went to the second page!! D: Oh, well! Anyway, I'm doing fine, I guess. I can't type tonight. I backspaced about ten times in this comment."

thats okay... get some rest and come back tomorrow and it will be better

message 32: by DENISA (new)

DENISA HOWE | 1697 comments hello Sky... how are you? Did you have a nice Easter? I did.. What are you reading right now? I am reading The View From Penthouse B by Elinor Lipman. I just wanted to connect with you and make sure everything is going well for you.

message 33: by DENISA (new)

DENISA HOWE | 1697 comments Sky I am just popping in again to see how you are... been out visiting thought I would stop and see you also... hope all is well..

message 34: by BattyKat (new)

BattyKat (prosserkat) HAPPY FRIDAY!!

message 35: by DENISA (new)

DENISA HOWE | 1697 comments I second that have a great Friday and weekend

message 36: by Melissa, Monthly Group Read Moderator (new)

Melissa (buriedubooks1) | 192 comments Mod
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

message 37: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 609 comments Happy Friday. Finished with college for this semester. Roll on the exams. Bring them on

message 38: by DENISA (new)

DENISA HOWE | 1697 comments hi there... stopping by to say hello and leave some hugs...

message 39: by DENISA (new)

DENISA HOWE | 1697 comments 平和CдU§TIд平和 wrote: "c: Shanks. Why do you use so many '...'s?"

I just do... always have to separate my thoughts..

message 40: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 388 comments