Books, Books, and more Books! discussion

Love interests > Team Gale or Petea

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) Ugh...I like Peeta, but I think Katniss's life could have been much easier and calmer if she was with Gale.

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma Peeta's okay, but ever since the movie I've switched to team Gale.

message 3: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Team Peeta.

No offense to Gale fans, but Gale's guilty feeling became a hindrance. He just left without talking to Katniss as a best friend.. not that I'm blaming him for what happened in Mockingjay.. It was an accident.

message 4: by Diana ❀ ☺ (new)

Diana ❀ ☺ | 19 comments I agree with Beatrice :)
Team Peeta!! Peeta has liked katniss since she was young and gale didnt know till she left.. so i think peeta is better and better for katniss..

message 5: by Diana ❀ ☺ (new)

Diana ❀ ☺ | 19 comments Linayha wrote: "GALE FOREVER
as you can see I feel very strongly about this topic"

why do you like him so much??

message 6: by Lo (new)

Lo (darkalleycookies) | 10 comments I haven't been asked this in so long.

I'm Team Gale, and always have been, though now I'm not so keen on it because I finally understand why Katniss (view spoiler)

message 7: by Lo (new)

Lo (darkalleycookies) | 10 comments Linayha wrote: "he was like her best friend he was always in love with her the only reason he left was because he thought she would hate him. I really think if it was him in peteas place he wouldn't have tried to ..."

Well it's not Peeta's fault he tried to kill Katniss.
Anyways, I'm not sure I picked up on your last sentence there?

message 8: by Sadie (new)

Sadie (saydeefizz) | 55 comments Mod
I say Peeta just because the relationship between him and Katniss seemed a bit more passionate. And I just think they go better together.

message 9: by Sacrela (new)

Sacrela (3a2ish) | 9 comments Peeta! Gale is a jerk!

message 10: by Lo (new)

Lo (darkalleycookies) | 10 comments Aisha wrote: "Peeta! Gale is a jerk!"

How so?

message 11: by Diana ❀ ☺ (new)

Diana ❀ ☺ | 19 comments Linayha wrote: "he was like her best friend he was always in love with her the only reason he left was because he thought she would hate him. I really think if it was him in peteas place he wouldn't have tried to ..."

He didnt always love her.. he didnt even know he loved her until she left for the hunger games and peeta liked her since he was young..

message 12: by Mira (new)

Mira Meteo (mira278) I never could really get into the love triangle-ish aspect of this book; it detracts from the meaning of the series as a whole, in my opinion. I'd have to say Team Peeta, though.

message 13: by talltyrion (new)

talltyrion With Gale, it's like, "Oh, hi Katniss! I killed your sister and then ran away from the consequences of murdering people. But I can hunt, so be with me!" Jerk.

message 14: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Linayha wrote: "he was like her best friend he was always in love with her the only reason he left was because he thought she would hate him. I really think if it was him in peteas place he wouldn't have tried to ..."

If he really loved Katniss, he should have said it in the first place. I just feel bad for him. Katniss and Gale have been best friends, like Forever but I don't think Gale made a right decision to leave and not to talk to Katniss because of his guilt.. Just not right :(

If Gale talked to her and tell that it was an accident and it was not his intention to (view spoiler) Katniss would definitely understand that. I would have choose him over Peeta.

message 15: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sophie-sophie) | 29 comments Can't i choose both *sigh*

message 16: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) @ Linayha - I'm so disappointed Suzanne Collins ruined Gale's character. :(

message 17: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) @ Linayha

I think she does not have a team. I think she did it purposely to end the trilogy in a tragic way. But the readers didn't like that idea.

message 18: by Lo (new)

Lo (darkalleycookies) | 10 comments Diana ❀ ☺ wrote: "Linayha wrote: "he was like her best friend he was always in love with her the only reason he left was because he thought she would hate him. I really think if it was him in peteas place he wouldn'..."

Actually, I think Gale says in the second book that once he was at a bakery (?) or something, and one of the meat-buyer-peoples was joking about how'd he'd trade bread for one of Katniss's kisses, and Gale realized that it bothered him. It was in Catching Fire, I believe.

message 19: by Neha (new)

Neha (nehalicious69) | 29 comments Gale!!! And no offence to Peeta but I don't think he is cute from any angle.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Peeta!!! I like because he I read the first book I fell in love with him. I was rooting for him and Katniss.

message 21: by Lo (new)

Lo (darkalleycookies) | 10 comments Neha wrote: "Gale!!! And no offence to Peeta but I don't think he is cute from any angle."

Yay Team Gale-er!

message 22: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (british-teacup) Peeta, no doubt about it. I cannot stand Gale and he and Katniss aren't well matched at all, they're too alike. Peeta and Katniss go well together.

message 23: by kpcrossan (new)

kpcrossan Peeta

message 24: by Lo (new)

Lo (darkalleycookies) | 10 comments Me too, but I don't favor Gale because of what I thought he looked like.

message 25: by A (new)

A H Peeta - definitely! He's more caring, soft, kind and he's perfect for Katniss!! Gale is way to rough and strong somehow.....doesn't suit Katniss. Though Gale is hotter in the movie!!