What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Woman in the Wall
This topic is about The Woman in the Wall
SOLVED: Children's/YA > girl in a wall [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Meagan | 52 comments ok so I read a book in middle school so it had to of been between 2004-2007 and it was about this girl who was so shy that she never left the house and she like lived inside the walls and the house belonged to her step mother and at some point I seem to remember it saying that she fell into someones purse which confused me because I didn't know if she was tiny or what but I definitely remember that and I think that the cover was like flowery wall paper and I don't know when it was published just not after that... it may be named girl in the wall but every time I look that up I don't find it...

message 2: by Sally (new)

Sally (sastevens) | 46 comments The Borrowers maybe?

Meagan | 52 comments no its definitely not the borrowers because I know that she was born normal and It was kinda a weird twist off of Cinderella now that I think of it because she had step sisters I believe but she just slipt into the walls and lived in them...

message 4: by Peter (new) - added it

Peter Meilinger | 475 comments I think I came across this book recently. I can't remember the title or author, of course, but a few more details that might help jar your memory or someone else's. Assuming it's the same book, of course.

1)The girl was still getting an education because her little sister was teaching her. I don't know if her sister knew she was in the walls or was just playing school by herself while the older sister watched.

2)The book was in diary format and the girl said she got very sick when she was at the age to hit puberty, but didn't talk much about it. A year or so later she said she'd learned she wasn't actually sick, but still didn't want to talk about it.

3) At some point she found a note that someone had slipped through a crack in the wall to her. That's where I stopped reading, right as the main storyline seemed about to pick up.

Does that sound like the right book?

message 6: by Ashley (last edited Mar 09, 2013 09:27PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ashley (ashinscribbleland) | 64 comments Ah, I've read this twice. I just need to remember the name .... Kitten is right definitely The Woman in the Wall

I don't remember the purse part, but I remember that by the end of the book it was like everyone had forgotten about her. Maybe some sort of metaphor I was too young to pick up on?

Meagan | 52 comments yes that is it thank you sooooo much!!! I am definitely going to read that again now that im older and might be able to understand some of it a bit better :D

Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac, | 258 comments Aww darn I was going to help you on this one! I LOVE THIS BOOK! I have it, it's one of my FAVORITES!! But it's so old the last few pages of mine got ripped out:'( You should move this to Solved:)

message 9: by Andria (new) - added it

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
I agree with Goge - this is a wonderful book. Think I'm going to reread it, too. :)

Meagan | 52 comments I remember loving it back then now my only problem will be finding it again to reread...

message 11: by Andria (new) - added it

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Check your local public library! If they don't have it, they may offer inter-library loans, where they can borrow the book from libraries in other states. It's often a free service. The book isn't that old and shouldn't be too hard to find that way. I know my library still has its copy!