Clean Teen Publishing discussion

About us and Submissions > Book Ratings

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Gober (rebeccagober) | 8 comments Mod
Would you like to see ratings on teen books? If so, what kind of rating system would you like to see? Something like movies or something more in depth that has a snapshot of what you would get inside a book?

message 2: by Agent (new)

Agent S.D. | 1 comments I think ratings might be a good idea--and yes something like they do for movies. Anything more than that could give too much away!

Editing Services by Cynthia Shepp (cynthiasheppedits) | 1 comments I would love to see ratings on books. My kids love to read and I would like to know what they are reading as they get older. I still don't know if I would censor their reading though. I was reading my mom's romance books and Dean Koontz and James Patterson in the 4th and 5th grades. My parent's never censored my reading and I devoured every book that I could get my hands on. It never hurt me, well except that time I read Pet Cemetery in the 6th grade and didn't want to turn off the lights for a week LOL. I would like the ratings just to KNOW what they are exposing themselves to.

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Gober (rebeccagober) | 8 comments Mod
We agree too. The ratings need to be simple and definitely not a form of censorship. LOL about Pet Cemetery. That would have kept me up at night too!

message 5: by Jacquel (new)

Jacquel (clairevioletthorpe) I say that if the story contains some sensitive subjects, it should be given a high rating, like PG-15 or something like that.

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Hofacker | 1 comments I just joined, so hope you don't mind my commenting. Have you considered using a rating system similar to what is on the gaming systems? I have 3 boys, the youngest is 7 and the oldest is 17. I don't really censor a lot, but we do watch the nudity/sex/gore levels of the joint games and movies. A rating like that would be nice so we could keep our tweens from reading an erotic/MA book we know they are not ready for. Each parent would know their child level.