Book Buzz discussion

Introductions

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Buzz (last edited Mar 28, 2013 03:27PM) (new)

Book Buzz (book_buzz) | 206 comments Mod
Welcome to Book Buzz!

We are the online book club at Toronto Public Library.

All book lovers are welcome to join us and discuss anything book related.

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael (kovaelin) | 3 comments Hey there! I just started a new job in Toronto about a month ago, and it was nice to learn that the library was right across the street from where I work. I've been neglecting my reading list because of school, but I'm starting to catch up on quite a few books now. I'm currently going through the Circle of Magic series.

message 3: by Rare (new)

Rare (rarecat2) | 14 comments Welcome, Michael! Isn't it great that you can catch up on your reading now - it's a wonderful feeling.

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael (kovaelin) | 3 comments It's really great, and not always having to read/write technical writing is nice. I've also received recommendations for future reads from a friendly librarian a couple times.

message 5: by Rare (new)

Rare (rarecat2) | 14 comments I agree - they are up on the latest and can give you some really good recommendations. Have you checked the "We recommend" page on the library website?
http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/bo...

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael (kovaelin) | 3 comments I took a look a week or two ago, but nothing has piqued my interest yet. It's amusing to me that the recommendations made by the people there are all somewhat related to their occupations, whereas my leisurely reading is mostly unrelated to my work (or real life, in general).

message 7: by Book Buzz (new)

Book Buzz (book_buzz) | 206 comments Mod
Hi, Michael

Toronto Public Library also has some staff generated lists. Every month or so we take a look at what's going on in the world and create a book list.

Those lists are at the top of the page Rarecat mentioned. There are also some genre lists on the right hand side of the page.