The Final Test discussion

Masters' Houses > The Raylin Mansion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Go ahead and post pictures :)
Located on Outskirts of Town.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments (<3 I'm on my phone right now, but will do once I get in a computer.)

Dash kicked off his shoes and sighed. "Dad? I'm home!"

message 3: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Jax had followed Dash Raylin, creeping in the back of the house.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments "Sir?" Dash called, going up the grand staircase.

message 5: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Jax was trying to find a way in.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments Dash stopped, hearing the utter quietness of the house. As he clenched his fists and ignored the aching in his muscles, he listened intently. A shifting of weight from somewhere above and behind. He turned and blocked, sending his father to the wall as he came at him, armed with daggers and slicing at his son's throat and chest. Block, Dodge, Block, Dodge. Dash dropped down and swept his leg under his father's feet, then jumped back and fell over the railing as he dodged a slice at him. As he tried to pull himself up, the Master stabbed at his hands. Dash moved, but he couldn't live up to his name, and got on the railing, running up the banister to the top of the stairs with a cut along his forearm. He glared at his dad and crouched low, ready for another attack and formulating a strategy to get his father's knives into his own hands.

message 7: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Jax caught a glimpse and started to bark, feeling protective of Dash.

message 8: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) ((I feel bad for Dash now XD If you want to chat, my status is a chat place XD))

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments Dash's dad turned and threw a knife at Jax.
Dash took the distraction as an opportunity and lunged at him, knocking the second knife from his hand and picking it up, putting it at his father's throat. "Dead." He snarled. "Do you need anything from the store, Master Raylin?" He asked, handing the man his knife back and going down the stairs to make sure that Jax was okay.

message 10: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Jax was a fast pup and it only skimmed his side. He barked viciously at Dash's dad, showing the hidden wolf inside, a lot like Katherine actually. Then it whimpered as it limped.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments Dash knelt down and opened his arms to him. "a come here you silly mutt. Let's get you cleaned up so that Kat doesn't kill me."
"Who's Kat?" His father questioned.

message 12: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Jax barked happily at the name. He went to Raylin, cautiously. at first limping then stronger.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments Dash picked the pup up and held him close. "An acquaintance."
"Just that? Nothing more?"
"Maybe after the Test, but you can't make connections."
"Good boy. Get cleaned up, then take the money on the counter and get food for dinner."
"Okay, dad." Dash said, used to the neglect and taking Jax to his room.

message 14: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Jax wiggled in Dash's grip, his leg uncomfortable. He looked at Master Raylin his eyes knowing.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments Dash set him down in his room and closed the door. "Why didn't you stay with Kat?" He asked, going to his bathroom and getting medicine for Jax's cut.

message 16: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Jax barked in response at his scorn and seemed to smile. Of course, Dash wouldn't know what he said, but the pup's eyes glinted mischievously.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments Raylin sighed. "I'm talking to a dog." He murmured, cleaning the animal's wound.

message 18: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Jax barked again, content and then tried to get away as he felt the stinging in his leg from Dash cleaning it.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments Raylin bandaged his leg up. "Okay, okay. You're done. Go run off to Kat, now. You'll only get into trouble around here."

message 20: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Jax shook his head playfully, getting off the bed and wagging his tail playfully. It looked qroun till he spotted a framed picture that had fallen from the dressing table. It snatched it up gently in it's jaw and ran.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments Dash's eyes widened and he ran after the pup, but he was gone. He sighed, giving up the chase.

message 22: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Jax stopped outside going to where he hidden Katherines dagger. The girl would b looking for him now. Jax dropped frame and barked up to Dash's window, panting.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments Dash looked out off his window, by more having bandaged his arm up from his fight with his dad. "What do you want?"

message 24: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Jax held up Katherine's dagger in his mouth and it caught the sun's ray, flashing. He dropped it with a smile and held up his framed picture.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments Dash growled, them changed his clothes and grabbed the money, rushing out the door without a word to his father. He went to below his window and growled. "Jax!"

message 26: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Jax jumped around happily, already figuring out how to still do things easy with his wounded leg. He dropped the picture back on to the ground where lay next to Katherine's treasured dagger.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments Dash picked up the picture of his dad and mom back when they were happy and sighed, then grabbed Kat's dagger. "Why'd you take this?"

message 28: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Jax barked an answer happily. The dagger had a latin inscription on it. It translated into, Don't go gentle into the night and be the warrior you were destined to be.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments Raylin shook his head and pocketed the knife."Guess you're coming to the store with me."

message 30: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Jax panted happily and came right next to Dash's side, barking once and staring straight ahead, silent and ready.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments Raylin sighed. "Katherine is going to kill you." He murmured, heading into town.

message 32: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) ((XD))

Jax didn't seem to take note of that last comment.

message 33: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Jev Harold walked up the front steps to the Raylin Mansion. One of his fellow Selection members was visiting this town as well, he had heard.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments ((watch her blame Raylin instead. Lol))

Master Raylin didn't hear his approaching visitor.

message 35: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) ((-gasp- How did you know I would do that? She's on the Streets btw :D))

Jev knocked on the door.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments (crap. What's mr. Raylin's name?))

The man went to the door.

message 37: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) ((Gram Raylin XD))

Ian's eyes were impassive as Gram opened the door. He was dressed in leather, from his little hunting ground session.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments ((Gram. I'll have to remember that.))

Gram's snarl turned into a frown at the sight of a familiar face. "Hey, Jev."

message 39: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Ian rolled his eyes. "You don't have to call me my fake name. No one's here. I checked the perimeter." He winked at him. He was a lot younger then Gram but he was the same rank and same value. He knew he owned Gram's respect but the man seemed to love giving him a long time. He entered the house.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments Gram shook his head. "My son is perceptive. I've taught him well. He knows how to figure things out. He might even know about you and your sister and he doesn't think its important, yet." He moved to the side, letting Ian in. "What are you here for?"

message 41: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Ian smiled. "I gave no indication whatsoever about Katherine." His eyes darkened, half sad that he couldn't tell his sister till they went impassive again. "I have two things actually. He walked into the foyer, his hands clasped behind his back as he took slow measured steps.
"I don't want Katherine to spend too much time with Raylin. She needs to focus. I don't care if they won't be fighting in the same year, your son is dangerous for her." He knew as he said this, this sounded improper. There was no proof and knowing Gram, he probably would do the exact opposite now, but it was worth a try. "If you met her, you would see what I wouldn't want damaged."

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments "Trust me. If she becomes a danger to my son, I'll break off their connection, but having her could make for good blackmail for both if them. Make the blows harder on him. On them both, if either of them gets out of hand." He pointed out. "They'll be good pressure on each other."

message 43: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) "Then you haven't met my sister," Ian snapped. He turned slowly to look at Gram. "She may challenge him but he riles her too easily."

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments "Don't forget that I could easily put her in this year. Dash wouldn't give her a second of his time if he would be killing her." Gram growled. "If love to see his face if he were to be the one to spoil her blood. I'd love to see your face, too. But you convinced me to keep her out, so I'm letting her compete next year. Don't bother me about her fate."

message 45: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Ian turned around. He hadn't seen any of the Masters from Crown for a month, and a lot can change during that time. His eyes seemed more knowing and colder, enough to make the most of bastards flinch against his gaze. "Keep in mind, we are equals, don't rile me as I won't you."

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments "I'm just letting you know that its the only way for him not top be around her. Otherwise, I think their knowledge of each other is advantageous to both of them. Let them be, Ian." Gram told him. "Is there anything else you wanted to talk about?"

message 47: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Ian narrowed his eyes for a fraction of a second before nodding. "Yes, you heard about the preparations made for this town's annual ball?" They always wanted to give a taste of Master life to every town, to boost them in training.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments "No, I haven't. Care to enlighten me?" Gram asked him, not really interested in the subject, but humoring Ian nonetheless. He went to a table and pouted himself a glass of whiskey, offering some to Ian.

message 49: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Ian nodded. It's been a while since he had a good drink though he watched Gram's hand as the man poured his glass. "It'll be taking place in Crown, we still got to vote if it will be Chicago or New York."

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 511 comments Gram handed him the drink and took a shot for himself. "Does it matter?"

« previous 1