Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Onyx (Lux, #2)
This topic is about Onyx
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout → Start Date: March 23rd, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 145 (145 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I hope this date works for everyone!

There is a group of us reading it!

Please, feel free to jump in and read with us OR just jump in and chat if you've already read it (just please, mark spoilers!)

I'm excited everyone!!!

Alexa | 932 comments I was actually thinking of pushing this further back in my tbr-pile but who am I kidding, I miss Katy and Daemon already!!!

I'm in. :)

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments lol Alexa!!! hilarious!!

I'm glad you can join us!!!

message 4: by Kathy (last edited Mar 09, 2013 12:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathy | 7950 comments Yay!! Me too, I'm in and I can't wait. I miss them too!! :D

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments woohoo!!! :D

message 6: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments I will try to join too :) basically I have holidays so I am fine, I just need to Reread Obsidian

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Harshini WatchMeRead wrote: "I will try to join too :) basically I have holidays so I am fine, I just need to Reread Obsidian"

Has it been that long since you finished book 1?

message 8: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments Yes it has, and I didn't finish it lol, but I made someone spoil it a bit for me, so it seems like the end of the book has action.

Amanda | 4400 comments I am going to try and join I have to read Obsidian first my copy is supposed to get delivered in the mail today. I should be able to finish that and get a copy of Onyx by the time this starts.

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) Can't wait!!

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Mar 22, 2013 12:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments alright everyone!!

this one starts tomorrow!!! i can't wait!

Do we have a goal or should we just come back every 5 chapters??

looks like the book has 36 chapters (plus a bonus chapter from Daemon's POV) and 368 pages.

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) I agree with coming back every 5 chapters.

Kathy | 7950 comments ok sounds good!! :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm going to join but will be lagging because I'm picking up one of my grand kids for the weekend.

Amanda | 4400 comments Coming back every 5 chapters works for me.

message 16: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments OMG! You totally hit the "cookie" scene within the first 30 pages!!! LOL!!

I like Daemon MUCH more now that he's playing nice
their bantor is much cuter now

Amanda | 4400 comments So far I am liking this one. The cookie scene was quite amusing. I really don't trust the new kid Blake he gives me a bad feeling.

message 18: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I know right?!?! Who is this Blake.....??!?!? hmmmmmm

Alexa | 932 comments Why am I not getting any notifications from this thread? :O I almost forgot this was today!!

I'm going to start now =) EXCITED!!

message 20: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Alexa wrote: "Why am I not getting any notifications from this thread? :O I almost forgot this was today!!

I'm going to start now =) EXCITED!!"

yay!!!!!!!! :D

message 21: by Alexa (last edited Mar 23, 2013 01:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alexa | 932 comments wow the ending of chapter 5, it confirms it then? (view spoiler)

And I like Blake. He's fishy but I admire his courage LOL, I know I wouldn't want to challenge Daemon Black....but this guy clearly has the nerves to and I like!! :D

message 22: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I know, end of 5! crazy!

but Blake...I don't know... (view spoiler)

Daemon is SO much cuter in this book. His cocky is not nearly as obnixous and he's much sweeter....

Alexa | 932 comments I agree he knows too much about her, the blog thing was funny and the way he casually said he looked her up and then referred to it as something that would be normal for a "nerd"...err....no just no. Who the hell does that......nerd or not, you don't do that.

What if he just genuinely was curious about her though? nooooooo, you know what, I'm labelling him as * NOT TO BE TRUSTED for now. He just popped out of nowhere and he's trying to get close to Katy - that screams odd and fishy.

As for Daemon, I know you didn't like him in the first book (I know I loved him) so I'm glad you're warming up to him now Trisha =)!!

message 24: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Yes!! Smack all strangers with NOT TO BE TRUSTED label until proven otherwise! LOL! :D

and what is up with New Year's date?? Is this something to this date I'm missing or forgotten?!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay ladies, I just got back from IHOP, The Croods, Target, and Barnes & Noble with my grandson. It was SO hard not buying books for myself, but Vincent picked out 3 books. :)

I'm going to start now. Trisha, I told you Daeman is really a good guy! Lol Glas you're liking him better!

message 26: by Amanda (last edited Mar 23, 2013 05:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda | 4400 comments Trisha, I was thinking the same thing about Blake and him possibly being a (view spoiler).
Very interesting whats going on with Katy (view spoiler)

Kathy | 7950 comments I will have to start this one tomorrow. :(

message 28: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Kathy wrote: "I will have to start this one tomorrow. :("

no worries Kathy! I'm not finishing it today! LOL

Kathy | 7950 comments OK Awesome!! :)

Amanda | 4400 comments So far I am really liking this one. I still do not trust Blake even after learning that (view spoiler). I also do not trust Will I have a feeling that (view spoiler).

message 31: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments before I click those spoilers, Amanda.
what chapter are you on??

I want to make sure I don't spoil anything for myself :D

Amanda | 4400 comments I am on Chapter 21.

message 33: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I just finished chapter 10 :)

ahhh Daemon made her birthday (view spoiler)

I love when she said she had alien cooties!!

I love that Daemon calls Blake by the wrong name. It cracks me up!

Brad, Ben and now Bob! he's hilarious!

message 34: by Amanda (last edited Mar 24, 2013 04:36PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda | 4400 comments I like Daemon more in this book than in the last. I also liked what he did for her birthday. He does something that I thought was sweet for her as well in Chapter 16 (view spoiler).

I agree about the names the Daemon keeps calling Blake by those scenes had me laughing.

message 35: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments and now Biff and Bart! I love it! lol

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) Just finished chapter 10 and I like it so far but (view spoiler)

message 37: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments YES Brooke! Right!?!? I'm totally over her fighting this already!

Unfortunately, I'm just starting chapter 14 and it's same tune!!! Ugh, I want her to just get over it already! LOL ;D

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) She needs to get over what he did before and give up with the "you only like me because of the connection" thing because she is being a real b*tch to him.

Alexa | 932 comments I agree so much...she's being really rude, he cares so immensely about her and it looks like it's something she clearly has problems with understanding and believing. :(

message 40: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Mar 24, 2013 05:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments what chapter are you at Alexa??

Alexa | 932 comments I just finished chapter 12. Haven't read much today, I can't read more though, need to sleep - it's 2 am LOL!!

Good night!!! I'll most likely finish it tomorrow or at least get 3/4 through it.

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) It's sad that Katy has to spend the holidays alone :(

message 43: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Alexa wrote: "I just finished chapter 12. Haven't read much today, I can't read more though, need to sleep - it's 2 am LOL!!

Good night!!! I'll most likely finish it tomorrow or at least get 3/4 through it."

wow!! 2 am!! It's 6:00 pm here

goodnight!!!

Kathy | 7950 comments OK I just finished chapter 3. Did she really do that? (view spoiler)

Simmon is an idiot and I'm glad Daemon (view spoiler) Yay!!! :)

I'll be reading more tomorrow for sure I have got to go to bed. It's almost 1am Goodnight all!!

Amanda | 4400 comments I am annoyed by how Katy is treating Daemon as well. It doesn't seem to matter how many times he tells her that he does like her because she is convinced that it's only because of the connection.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Haha, I am in chapter 4 and I'm already sick of Katy's whiny attitude! She needs to stop or I'm going to throw this book. It's ANNOYING!!

SPOILER: I can't believe how disgusting Simon is! If he had ANY remorse for what he did in book 1, he'd have stood up to all his buddies as hard as that would be. He obviously led them to think Katy hooked up with him or he at least got to 1st, 2nd, or 3rd base. What a scumbag!!!

Alexa | 932 comments LOL VICKI!! You're cracking me up!! =)
I agree so much, especially about Simon!!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay, on a personal note. When I was in ninth grade I met a boy from England and we began going out. His name was Harry ha ha! At the end of my ninth grade year he moved to Iran. When he came back a year later we had still been in touch with each other through the mail and started seeing each other again. His best friend Benjamin started seeing my sister but I wasn't old enough to actually date in a car. My parents let me go out a couple of times with my sister and Benjamin and Harry and one day Benjamin said something to me that indicated Harry had told him that we had done something. Long story short Harry used to tell him that he was going to see what he could get and when we finished our dates Ben would ask Harry how it went. Evidently Harry never exactly lied but he simply smiled with that smirk and said, "What do you think?" So Ben thought we'd been sexually active. Funny thing is Harry NEVER, not even ONE time, even TRIED to touch me!!! We didn't even kiss a lot!! I laughed so hard because of how big his insinuation (lie) was, but then I was PISSED!!! Back in my day we cared about our reputations. Lol The nerve of him!!!

message 49: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Mar 25, 2013 01:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments alright, I'm picking this one back up and hope to finish in about an hour!

:) I'm anxious to see where this goes!!!

is everyone on board for reading Opal next month ??? Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Alexa | 932 comments OH MY GOD

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Opal (other topics)