Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Author Resource Round Table > Looking for Authors who want to promote their books for free

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mommasaysread (new)

Mommasaysread | 31 comments Hey There It's Momma!
I'd love for authors to come to my site and check it out! You can have your book reviewed, listed in bargain books, free days, free books all for free. There will never be a charge for reviews or bargain/free listings or blog stops. so come and submit your book here: http://www.mommasaysread.com/author-r...

Also, I'm running a monthly series for authors to post guest posts. If you are interested in participating in a guest post here are the topics:
March - "Why I Write"
April - "Which of your Characters do You Feel Closest
to?"
For details go here: http://www.mommasaysread.com/book-tou...

And finally, the site is currently in it's soft launch period. we are making sure everything works and we have our system down for when the readers officially start coming to the site. (although check out our stats already - wow!).

For our big launch we are going to do a MASSIVE giveaway via rafflecopter that will post your books on twitter, Facebook, pinterest and allow folks to invite others to the contest. If you would like to donate digital, hard copy books or something else to promote your book please go here and let us know: http://www.mommasaysread.com/book-tou...

message 2: by Neo (new)

Neo Edmund (neoedmund) | 10 comments Hello! I would love to be involved! I have a novel and I have also written for film, television, comics and video games! Please message me here or at neoedmund@mac.com

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Mama
I sent you all three of our children's books. You should have them soon. Hope you like them
DC

message 4: by Monica (new)

Monica Miller (monicakoldykemiller) | 19 comments Hi Mama,

I just filled out a form on your website to have my historical romance, Threads of Betrayal reviewed. So, how do I get a copy to you? Do I gift an ebook? Since I'm technically challenged, please advise! Thanks!

message 5: by Mommasaysread (new)

Mommasaysread | 31 comments All, I'll be going through the request forms later today and I will let you what the next steps are! Thanks so much for participating.

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Poeltl (mikepoeltl) | 25 comments I've filled out the forms as well for The Judas Syndrome Thanks for the free opportunity!

message 7: by Mommasaysread (new)

Mommasaysread | 31 comments no problem!

message 8: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Patricks (jacquelinepatricks) | 41 comments I've signed up for your giveaway and an a review. Thanks!

message 9: by Elle (new)

Elle Jacklee | 33 comments Thanks, Momma, for the opportunity to promote! I've signed up The Tree of Mindala for a review, a bargain book listing, and your giveaway. Good luck with your launch!

message 10: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Moorer (sherrithewriter) | 143 comments Thanks for offering this great opportunity. I just went to your site and signed up for the book promotion and giveaway.

message 11: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne Ryves | 14 comments Hi Momma will it be too late to check your site out tomorrow? Have my first book just out Yvonne Ryves
Web of Life: Guidance for Your Life Journey

message 12: by Mommasaysread (new)

Mommasaysread | 31 comments Momma Says Read is in for the long haul! Reviews, listings, tour stops will always be free and you can submit any time!

message 13: by Scott (new)

Scott Marlowe (scottmarlowe) I just signed up! Thanks for the opportunity, Momma. I really like the site. Very well done. Good luck with the launch.

message 14: by Mommasaysread (new)

Mommasaysread | 31 comments Thanks so much! I really want to see things fly and make it a great outlet for authors to showcase their work and readers to find hidden gems

message 15: by Marília (new)

Marília Bonelli | 51 comments Hi Momma!
I looked through your site and filled out a few forms (listing, giveaway and review). Thanks so much for creating something like that. Good luck with the launch!

message 16: by Jess (new)

Jess Just signed up!
Thanks for the opportunity and good luck for the launch!

message 17: by Dean (new)

Dean MacAllister (deanmacallister) Hey momma....what if you don't have an ebook on amazon or smashwords. I'm on most other sites.

message 18: by Abha (new)

Abha C. (abhac) | 40 comments I'd love to be involved as well. Would you PM me the details?

message 19: by Karen (new)

Karen A. Wyle (kawyle) | 250 comments Submitted the form re Wander Home. Thanks!!

message 20: by Mommasaysread (new)

Mommasaysread | 31 comments Dean, you can choose to give whatever you would like. I'm assuming authors who are giving away ebooks will likely send the epub/mobi directly to the winners once I provide the information. So all I really need is the title, what format and how many. I even have one author thinking about giving away a kindle!

message 21: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Newton (elizabethnewton) | 59 comments Momma,
I have visited the site and submitted a form for my book (for review and for general promotion) as well as written a response to the question "Why I Write". I hope I've done it right...

Elizabeth Newton

message 22: by Mommasaysread (new)

Mommasaysread | 31 comments Elizabeth, I'm sure it's awesome! I'm going to hopefully be going through all of the requests tonight and tomorrow to get everything caught up!

message 23: by Abinas (new)

Abinas Jagernauth (Abinas_Jagernauth) | 3 comments Hi Momma, Thanks very much for doing this. We authors need all the help we can get to promote our work. I submitted my book a few minutes ago. I also signed up for the readers' and authors' newsletters. Once again, thanks!

message 24: by Mommasaysread (new)

Mommasaysread | 31 comments Abinas,
No problem! Momma loves the indies and I know how hard it is to break in. It's all about folks finding those hidden gems!

I'll be processing requests tonight after work so you should be hearing from me.

message 25: by Mommasaysread (new)

Mommasaysread | 31 comments Serban, thanks for your submission. We try to go through them and get them processed as quickly as possible. You should be hearing from us shortly!

message 26: by Missy (new)

Missy Johnson | 24 comments Hi Momma, I've emailed you regarding a book giveaway of my new novel :)

message 27: by Mommasaysread (new)

Mommasaysread | 31 comments Hey Missy, I will be focusing heavily on getting some review written today and then later this evening I'll be processing new requested. I posted your current link to FB, Twitter and G+:)

message 28: by Eric (new)

Eric Dulin (EricDulin) | 47 comments I filled out forms for the author and book giveaway, just heads up! Hope to hear back, and thanks for the service!

message 29: by Mommasaysread (new)

Mommasaysread | 31 comments no problem Eric, I'll be going over submissions tonight, thanks so much for your participation!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Will your site have books for sale?

message 31: by Mommasaysread (new)

Mommasaysread | 31 comments we will not be selling books directly on the site. We are Amazon & Smashwords affiliates and have the affiliate links to books on the website.

message 32: by Lance (new)

Lance Charnes (lcharnes) | 326 comments I filled out the form a week ago and haven't heard back. Am I now sitting in the corner of the kitchen facing the wall?

message 33: by Mommasaysread (new)

Mommasaysread | 31 comments Lance, no I didn't put you in the corner:) I started MommaSaysRead as a labor of love. I didn't start it as a way to make money (although I am hoping one day to recoup the costs of running the site, but never intended to make money), only to help out authors because I know how hard it is. I work a full time job and have 5 kids so I don't always get to requests right away. I had to get a CRM to start keeping track of everything and have finally gotten everyone entered in. It's my hope that during lunch and after work today I'll be able to contact everyone that I have not yet had a chance to contact. Thank you so much for your patience.

message 34: by Karen (new)

Karen A. Wyle (kawyle) | 250 comments (re message 33) I'm glad to know Smashwords has an affiliate program! Could you by any chance share how bloggers can become part of it?

Mommasaysread wrote: "we will not be selling books directly on the site. We are Amazon & Smashwords affiliates and have the affiliate links to books on the website."

message 35: by Mommasaysread (new)

Mommasaysread | 31 comments It's very easy! https://www.smashwords.com/account/af... you can sign up here.

message 36: by Mommasaysread (new)

Mommasaysread | 31 comments nah, I'm a hot mess!

message 37: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Palm | 30 comments Mama, I think what you are doing is amazing. I took a look at your blog and it's very well done. I like your honesty and think you've found a fun spunky way to inform readers about books. I am an author and will totally be in touch:)

message 38: by Mommasaysread (new)

Mommasaysread | 31 comments Nicole, Thanks so much!

message 39: by Judy (new)

Judy Goodwin | 136 comments Filled in the form, thanks!

message 40: by Mommasaysread (new)

Mommasaysread | 31 comments That looks like an awesome book! Momma loves fantasy!

message 41: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kitresa) | 9 comments Thanks Momma! BTW, I love your AVi

message 42: by Jo (new)

Jo Hogarth | 22 comments Hey there, what a great idea you have. I listed my name on your form on your site. Thanks for being so passionate about books.

message 43: by Mommasaysread (new)

Mommasaysread | 31 comments No problem Jo! There are too many good authors/books out there to get buried under the waves of just a few!

message 44: by Ubiquitous (new)

Ubiquitous Bubba (ubiquitousbubba) | 21 comments Hey there, Momma!

I just filled out the form to submit my book for a review. I sure do appreciate the opportunity to share a story with you. Thanks a lot!