What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Teen girl pregnant by "bad boy" boyfriend, considers abortion. Christian book? Read around 2005-2008.

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiffyishspiffy) | 12 comments A book I read in junior high. It was lent to me by a friend who no longer has the book and doesn't remember the title/author.

I ~think~ it was a Christian book.
First person POV, I believe. not 100% sure though.

Went something like, there's this teenage girl who falls in love with this "bad boy" kinda rocker guy, they have unprotected sex and she ends up (surprise) pregnant.
The guy, of course, is not comfortable with her pregnancy. The girl struggles with being accepted by society/church, while the guy tries to get her to consider abortion. Eventually, the girl decides against the abortion and the guy leaves her. I remember in the last chapter that she mentioned that as she watch the kid age a little, he started to resemble her father, ex: the kid placed his hands in his jean pockets the same way the father did.

I ~thought~ this book was by Melody Carlson, author of the Diary of a Teenage Girl series since it sounded like that, but I couldn't find it.

Anyone familiar with this? Thanks!

message 2: by Clackamas (new)

Clackamas | 22 comments This sounds like many books. When did you read it, specifically? "Middle school" was 25 years ago for me :-)

My first thought was Just Like Ice Cream. The main detail I recall was that the boy's mother gave the girl socks as a gift. She thought it was sad because she had the grandbaby of someone who didn't know her, and didn't really want to, either.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10...

message 3: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiffyishspiffy) | 12 comments Whoops! I should've clarified, sorry. Erm, I'd say I read it about 2005-2008?

Hmm... I don't think it's Just Like Ice Cream.
Thanks, though!

message 4: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2501 comments Mod
Anything but Normal by Melody Carlson?

message 5: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiffyishspiffy) | 12 comments @Andria: Can't be that one. That says it was published in 2010, and I definitely wasn't in junior high in 2010. Lol. Plus, I don't think the main character's name is Sophie? Eh.

Thanks, though!

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 5 comments Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen? Character's name was Halley. I don't think it's a Christian book, though.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/81...

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiffyishspiffy) | 12 comments @Ashley: Erm, I'm pretty sure it's not that one. Cuz the dude doesn't die, he just kinda leaves her cuz she didn't have an abortion.
Thanks!

message 8: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2501 comments Mod
I keep thinking of this book: Dancing Naked but I can't remember many
details and can't put my hands on a copy to check. But I remember the MC who gets pregnant was part of a Christian youth group or something similar....

message 9: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiffyishspiffy) | 12 comments Hmm... doesn't seem to be Dancing Naked, either. :( Thanks though!

message 10: by Therealbadkitty (new)

Therealbadkitty | 3 comments Pregnant PauseThis doesn't fit the description perfectly but it is about a teenage girl who get's pregnant by a bad boy.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Tiffany, are you still looking for this or did you find it? Did you see the last suggestion, "Pregnant Pause?"

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Check out the listopia Teen Pregnancy.

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/5...

message 13: by Jesse (new)

Jesse Freedom (neigh) | 250 comments Could it be Choices or Teen Angel?

message 14: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiffyishspiffy) | 12 comments @Therealbadkitty- it's not that one, either. :(

message 15: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiffyishspiffy) | 12 comments @Lobstergirl - I checked the list. None of them are the one. D:

message 16: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiffyishspiffy) | 12 comments @Jesse - it's not either of those, either.

I suppose I should mention that the main character is not a victim of rape. Also the "bad boy" drives a motorcycle, if my memory serves correctly.

message 17: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Tiffany, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

Remember the cover?

message 19: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiffyishspiffy) | 12 comments Still looking. I don't remember what the cover looks like. :(

message 21: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Sunderland | 16 comments It sounds like a Hamilton High book by Marilyn Reynolds, but I can't find a perfect match.

message 22: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35148 comments Mod
Hamilton High series by Marilyn Reynolds for Amelia's suggestion - https://www.goodreads.com/series/6428...

message 24: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Just posting to see if a new post will remove this from Unread....

message 25: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Nope.

message 26: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiffyishspiffy) | 12 comments Doesn't look like it's any of these so far. :(

message 28: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiffyishspiffy) | 12 comments It's not that one. I'm starting to believe this book was removed from existence or something. D:

message 29: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Tiffany, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 30: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiffyishspiffy) | 12 comments This one still eludes me. :(

message 31: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Sunderland | 16 comments Could it be My Beautiful Disaster?

message 32: by Kris (last edited Jun 11, 2020 10:55PM) (new)

Kris | 35148 comments Mod
Tiffany, I added some details to the topic header. This will help searchers and moderators. Feel free to update it by clicking the small “edit” link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website – not the Mobile website or app.

What is the story's time period and location (country, region, well-known city, small town)?

Can you tell us more about the girl (e.g., interests & hobbies, family & friends, rich or poor)?