Writer's Paradise discussion

Prompts > Dream Space

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 727 comments Mod
Dreams can be inspirational. And confusing. If you are looking for inspiration in your dream, and need a place to sort things out, you can describe your dream here. Or, you can let other people find inspiration in your dream. If you do the latter, please add some sort of indication at the beginning or end of your post. If you are searching for inspiration, please don't mooch off of other's ideas unless they have given permission. (however, I believe that if somebody else's dream gives you inspiration for something totally different, I think that it might be okay. For instance, window washers very breifly appear in somebody elses dream, but they are insignificant, but you suddenly have an idea that a window washer falls through a tinted window into a room with two naked people in the corner...)

Also, please avoid too many comments like "woah, that dream is WEIRD!" because it clutters up the topic, and we all know that nearly every dream is going to be bizarre. Have you ever had a dream that wasn't?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I have had some pretty weird dreams. OH MY GOSH! This dream was totally weird!

My mom, grandma and I entered a train car thing and we sat down in a car. Apparently, the three of us were extremely sick and had to be sent in a special way. As we were waiting for the train to leave, the car started to flood. All of a sudden, chain thingies came out of the chair and we were stuck. We started to yell for help but no one heard us. Some button came out of nowhere and I pressed and escape pods appeared around our cars and we escaped! YAY!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I had the wierdest dream one time . . . but I don't think it would even make sense to you guys. :D

message 4: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

Try me. I had a dream last week that involved Mao, blowing up a planet, and killing everybody on earth.

message 5: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 2557 comments My best friend one time had a dream that I was making-out with him...
And he told me the next day and I was like 'What the hell?"

message 6: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

Haha, AWKWARD... but at least you're different genders (right?)

message 7: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 2557 comments Yes, no worries ^^

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

well . . . aw crap! I just drew a blank!

message 9: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments I had a dream the other day where I walked into Math and this tall annoying girl, Yvonne, was making out with this short, quiet and still annoying guy, Kiano.

The next day, I saw them talking in the hallway and was like WHOA- DE JA VU!

message 10: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Once upon a time I had a dream.

It was where I was trying to play basketball and my crush laughed at me. It was weird. I can't remember any of meh other ones.

message 11: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) I had a dream that I forgot my PE clothes at home. It was strange because my mom was at school with me, and I asked her to go home and get my gym clothes for me. The weird part is that the day kept going, and going, and going, and PE never came. Then, I woke up just before I almost got a detention for not having my gym clothes.

Strange, because we don't get detentions for that stuff.

message 12: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Another dream:
I was at a school where they only speak Chinese. I went to that school for second grade in real life. I was in sixth grade in that dream, and had my second grade teacher. The weird thing is that she never talked. The other kids were kids that go to the school I'm going to now. Everyone was speaking in English instead of Chinese. I've been to the school before, and knew that we always ate in the classroom. Yet, I still got lost around lunch time. Then, I wasn't able to do all the simple addition problems.

Different dream:

I was going to some weird meeting. A boy that goes to my school that I know, but don't talk to much, had to take me to the meeting. The car came apart, and people acted as if it were nothing. These ladies kept smiling and saying that we needed to get out of the car so they could fix it. Though, they were all wearing nice dresses that could get dirty easily. I went to the meeting, and I didn't know any of the kids except the boy, and this girl that goes to my church. Then, my fifth grade principal showed up there!
A friend's mom said she'd take me home, but she got lost. She went all the way back to the meeting place, and the ladies that were smiling were there again. In different dresses. ((I woke up before I could find out what happened.))

message 13: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) yeah. have you ever cried while you were sleeping because of a bad dream?

message 14: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) I cried once. I couldn't find my family. I would NEVER want to lose my family. I tried to think what it would be like, but it seemed so sad.

message 15: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Yeah. Anyway, I had a dream once. Here's how it goes:
This kid at school had a twin.
They were fraternal twins.
The twin was nice, but scary.
He was in all of my classes.
I would ask him a question, and he would smile.
I woke up to get ready for school.

Next day's dream:
He was climbing a latter.
No one was holding the latter.
He fell.
Got injured.
I flipped.
I woke up.

message 16: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

Once my friend had a dream that involved this one kid (that she didn't know and hadn't seen before), and then a couple days later, that kid moved in around our neighborhood and he was in her grade.

message 17: by Just Plain Ray (last edited Apr 11, 2009 08:32AM) (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 2557 comments Wow, and this was my dream last night:

So i was in Hogwarts, but the only thing that hinted at that was the ambience and the fact that Dumbledore was at the front. I saw my cousin and uncle sitting next to me, and everyone was eating. I wanted grape juice, but everytime I kept asking for it, or reaching over, my cousin didn't give it to me. Apparently, she thought I didn't like it or was allergic to it or something. Then, Dumbledore started talking. He asked if anyone was missing. A tall-ish man with a pointed hat walked over and handed him a letter, i guess it was a letter from an absent teacher.
Anyway, then I found myself in a forest-like place...then there was this whole thing with the queen of hearts, spades, clubs, and diamonds; which resulted in candy being changed into candy letters...
then i remember sitting in a cafe kind of place, and the radio was on. Someone was talking from it, a gypsy to be more precise. She said to press your lips against the window nearest you on the top floor of the building you were in, then think aboutyour loved one and the divorce you were going to have. I didn't quite understand this, but I remember thinking that I was on the 2nd floor, and that I was on the top floor of my house...
then i remember being in the point of view of some woman, and she was on the top floor of the empire state building, as the gypsy had instructed, so she just settled herself into the nearest window. Then I remember the gypsy saying, "We'll try and make sure that you don't...drown."
I was a bit freaked out, and then I remember seeing a bunch of people rush down, but their was a blonde woman there with a crazed look in her eye and a gun in her hands telling everyone to freeze...
Someone rushed forward and hit the security desk button and 911 on the phone, but hte gypsy pushed her away. I tried to get out of the room (there was an open door) but then I heard screams and someone said that there were no police. Then I saw blood on the walls of the hallway. I staggered back and saw a rather large woman on the floor of the doorway screaming, and there was a guy with a gun pointed at her. Apparently, he was some mass murderer, and he kinda looked like Freddy Kougar...
And then i remmeber lying on my bed as he walked over and pointed the gun at me. He said, "Hey Snoopy, what's math gonna do for ya know?"
And I tried to sit up, but it was very hard, so I turned over instead. I tried to sit up again, my eyes extrememly narrowed, and I said, "Math; m-a-t-h, will..."

Then I woke up.

message 18: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Whoa! That is one CREEPY dream!

message 19: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Catreads ***Catherine*** wrote: "wow, strange........"

Yeah. I asked the kid if he had a twin, and he said no.

message 20: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 2557 comments Yep, and I think the last bit actually happened (me trying to get up and saying 'math, m-a-t-h')

message 21: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Veronica. Veronica B! wrote: "Once my friend had a dream that involved this one kid (that she didn't know and hadn't seen before), and then a couple days later, that kid moved in around our neighborhood and he was in her grade. "

Whoa! That is so cool! I wish I had dreams like that! Not like my weird normal dreams.

message 22: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Oh, so have you guys seen the office? Okay, if you haven't here's a picture:
http://remote.lohudblogs.com/files/20...
Now combine that with:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia...

And you have the evil dude in my dream.

So my dad and I were walking along and there was /\ dude, and my dad says, "So you work here?" And he's pokin' fun, and Willie-dude says, "Say that again and I will kill you with this staple gun!" But he laughs afterward. My dad goes, "So you work here?" And *bang* willie starts shooting my dad with a staple gun and I hide behind this car but I see my dad's body. I look out from behind the car and willie shoots me in the forehead. I woke up and had to check my head for staples.

message 23: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 3382 comments Mod
I am always dreaming about driving my Mustang. In fact, I dream more about my car than I dream about Edward Cullin ;]

message 24: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) I had such a bad dream last night...So Curtis is friends with this jerk, and I had a dream that I was sitting on said jerk's lap! And he was hugging me! And dream-me liked it! *shudder* I ended up waking up crying, that my subconscious had stooped that low, it was even scarier than the staple dream.

message 25: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

Haha, once I had a dream where I had a boyfriend named Tod. He kissed me, and it was nice.

But I don't know a Tod in real life though...

message 26: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Those are scary dreams. I had a dream that I was kissing someone shorter than me. But I didn't know why I was doing that in the dream. Even when I woke up I was confused.

message 27: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) omg i had the weirdest dream last night. hold on and ill type it up...

message 28: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Still waiting...

message 29: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) erm... i have it written somewhere, i have to find it... *is still looking*

message 30: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) okay. i had a dream that i went to church and got really distracted by this kid sitting in front of me. not very exciting...

message 31: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 2557 comments Last night I had a dream where I was at lunch with my friends, and Adam Lambert was there (*squee*) and we were talking :p and then he gave me his e-mail address

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL

I had a dream last night that I was with all of my friends, and wierd thing, it included parts from every single one of my stories that I have. The part I remember most was when I was being "tested" for something, and I had to like fight a serious battle in my friend's house. But in order to be tested for this serious battle, one of their old friend's came back, I don't have a clue who she was, but she was really jealous of me. Anyways, so she was testing me with this power, and once the serious battle is over she's like "She's got the strongest power out of all of us." idk, it was wierd and awesome all at the same time . . .

message 33: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Whoa! That is creepy but extremely cool at the same time! It's more interesting than my dream. I had a dream that I had a friend in prison, and I needed to solve some kind of case. I had to go with this boy that I sit by in math class. It was weird, because he was smelling every single rose on the bushes. I had no idea what was going on when I woke up. I kinda wanted to see what was going to happen though. See if the case got solved or not. Too bad I woke up. Darn blanket that didn't keep me warm enough, causing me to wake up and not find out what would happen to the friend in prison.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

last night I had a dream that I was at my old house with a guy I used to like, and he was chasing a silver car that had come to life around my backyard . . .

message 35: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Whoa. That is creepy. I do not want to meet that car. Never know how dangerous it is. I only remembering finding chips to pack for a trip in part of the dream I mentioned above.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

lol

message 37: by Amy (new)

Amy (kelairyy) | 50 comments Haha my dreams are always really strange.

I had one where I lived in China and didn't go to school.. but then I saw my friends walk to school, and my mom told me to go as well. So my mom drove me in a silver car which turned out to be really ostentatious because everyone else walked there. I was really nervous, because I wasn't good at Chinese, but it turned out to be an international school. Then somehow after school, people were squirting these eggs at each others eyes, which blinded you or something. And then I was on a train with my mom, and someone was about to squirt one at my mom's eye. o.O

2nd dream: I was Harry Potter apparently, and all these people (who actually I hadn't talked to in a few years) were on my team playing Quidditch. My friend fell off her broomstick so everyone went and gathered around her. My neighbor then caught the snitch (I was the seeker, he was a chaser), and I remember yelling at him, because it was my job to catch the snitch.

message 38: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) OMG! I had a dream once that I was Harry Potter, and Hermione stabbed Harry (which was me in the dream). It was pretty creepy. She was using her wand to get something out of him, but got frustrated when it didn't work. So she stabbed him. Weird isn't it?

I once had a dream that I was in Taiwan, and everyone was speaking in English instead of Chinese.

message 39: by Amy (new)

Amy (kelairyy) | 50 comments Another dream. I was somehow in like a hotel ish sort of place, or like a boarding school where I was in the same dorm/room as these people. Some madman with a gun comes into the building, and I think I went to tell some other people to hide or something, and they stared behind me, and I was like, "He's behind me isn't he?"

Another dream I had was I was in a red lobster suit shaking hands with another person in a lobster suit. For the whole dream....

And then I had a dream I was in a store buying lightbulbs (lightbulbs?!). You know how when you buy something, the cashier scans it, and there's a beeping noise? It like beeped ten times, and I remember thinking I didn't buy that many things, and then I woke up. Turns out the beeping noise was my alarm clock. lol

message 40: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) hehe

message 41: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) I had a dream once that I decided to write, but the dream never ended so I don't know how to finish the story...It's not the sort of thing I tend to write so I'm helpless.

message 42: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

aww, that's too bad.

A couple nights ago I had a really freaky dream. My mom was strangled by a phone cord, and I was the one who found her. *shudder* thank god that wasn't real.

message 43: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Last night's dream was odd. I was at a carnival and I bought what I thought was a necklace. Then the locket morphed into a vial. After that a poisonous spider crawled out of the vial and tried to kill me. Then when I finally managed to kill the f'ing thing, another one showed up and this time it bit me!!!!!! I laid on the floor, dying, while the rest of the world rushed past me, and no one cared.

message 44: by Micaela (new)

Micaela | 65 comments I had this dream last night that I stole all the camcorders from my video class... and then I decided to return all but one. And this morning, when I went to vid class, one of the cameras was missing... suspicious.