Christian Fiction Devourers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Group Reads 2013 > April Book of the Month Nominations - Closed

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth, Head Librarian (last edited Mar 20, 2013 09:33AM) (new)

Beth | 2279 comments Mod
Happy March, everyone! It's time to put forth your nominations for the April Group Read (my how time flies!).

If you have any questions about the process, please see this thread of guidelines: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Let the nominations begin! :)

Nominations as of 3/14/13:
1. Courageous by Randy Alcorn
2. The Land Beyond the Portal by J.S. Bailey
3. Love Finds You in Hershey, Pennsylvania by Cerella Sechrist
4. Michal by Jill Eileen Smith
5. Heiress by Susan May Warren
6. Glamorous Illusions by Lisa Tawn Bergren
7. The Chamomile by Susan F. Craft

message 2: by NancyInWI (new)

NancyInWI (nanckopf) | 37 comments I would like to nominate Courageous by Randy Alcorn
I read an excerpt of it before I downloaded it last week when it was free. It sounded really good and I liked the writing style.

message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry | 1 comments The Harbinger by Jonathan Cahn

message 5: by Beth, Head Librarian (new)

Beth | 2279 comments Mod
Sherry and Loraine, I may be wrong, but I believe those titles are non-fiction?

message 6: by Loraine, CFD Momma (new)

Loraine (librarydiva) | 2921 comments Mod
90 minutes is non-fiction. Sorry!

message 7: by Beth, Head Librarian (last edited Mar 06, 2013 04:51PM) (new)

Beth | 2279 comments Mod
That's okay, Loraine :) It happens!

You're welcome to nominate another!

message 8: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Bailey (jsbailey) | 7 comments Shameless self-nomination:
The Land Beyond the Portal by J.S. Bailey

;)

message 10: by N.M. (new)

message 11: by Beth, Head Librarian (new)

Beth | 2279 comments Mod
Nichole wrote: "Michal, and Forbidden"

Hey, Nichole, please just nominate one book. Which one of those would you like to nominate?

message 12: by Ronda (new)

Ronda | 1 comments Are you speaking of Forbidden by Ted Dekker?

message 13: by Beth, Head Librarian (new)

Beth | 2279 comments Mod
Ronda, yes, she is talking about Michal by Jill Eileen Smith & Forbidden by Ted Dekker.

message 14: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 84 comments I don't know if you have read it before, but if not then I would like to nominate Heiress by Susan May Warren

message 15: by N.M. (new)

N.M. (nmsotzek) | 15 comments Oh, sorry about that! I didn't see that in the guidelines :( I'll nominate Michal, by Jill Eileen Smith.

message 16: by Beth, Head Librarian (new)

Beth | 2279 comments Mod
Thanks, Nichole! :)

message 17: by Kim (last edited Mar 20, 2013 06:48AM) (new)

Kim | -1 comments Mmmm... I already have 6 of the nominations made on my Kindle. I second Nichole's nomination for Michal (Wives of King David #1) by Jill Eileen Smith by Jill Eileen Smith.

message 18: by Leah (new)

Leah (book_reader73) | 14 comments I third Nichole's nomination for Michal. I have Bathsheba by her.

message 19: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Olson (girlsmama) | 694 comments What about Glamorous Illusions (Grand Tour Series, #1) by Lisa Tawn Bergren by Lisa Tawn Bergren? I don't think that we read that one- I checked the shelves and I know that it has been a kindle freebie in the past.

message 20: by ChrisGA (new)

ChrisGA | 62 comments I hope for Michal or Glamorous Illusions as I have both on my kindle..Yay

message 21: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jmsjms) | 6 comments Heiress

message 22: by D.l. (last edited Mar 13, 2013 04:39PM) (new)

D.l. Ford | 1 comments A little shameless self-promotion. "The Jesus Rock" is a fictional tale of a roughneck biker who finds salvation. Available on Amazon.com.

The Jesus Rock by D.L. Ford

message 23: by Cindi (new)

Cindi | 13 comments The Chamomile by Susan F. Craft
The Chamomile by Susan F. Craft

message 24: by Cammie (new)

Cammie | 19 comments Glamorous Illusions (Grand Tour Series, #1) by Lisa Tawn Bergren and Heiress by Susan May Warren are both very good. :)

message 25: by Beth, Head Librarian (new)

Beth | 2279 comments Mod
Today is the last day to nominate! Thank you for all of your nominations thus far! We've got an awesome list to pull from :)

message 26: by Beth, Head Librarian (last edited Mar 21, 2013 05:40PM) (new)

Beth | 2279 comments Mod
Alright, it's time to announce April's Book of the Month!

As chosen by random.org...

Michal by Jill Eileen Smith

Michal (Wives of King David #1) by Jill Eileen Smith

We hope you'll join us in the read for the month of April! Thank you everyone for the great nominations!

message 27: by Loraine, CFD Momma (new)

YEAH - my library has it and I'm picking it up today!

message 28: by Kim (new)

Kim | -1 comments Ditto yeah!!!

message 29: by Beth, Head Librarian (new)

Beth | 2279 comments Mod
Loraine, you'll have it read before April even gets here ;)

message 30: by Loraine, CFD Momma (new)

Probably not because I just picked up a new book that I'm the first one to read and I only have it for 2 weeks. So have to get that one done first:)

message 31: by Beth, Head Librarian (new)

Beth | 2279 comments Mod
Eh, you'll have that one read in no time!

message 32: by Barbara (last edited Mar 23, 2013 03:04PM) (new)

Barbara | 6 comments You chose a great book. I read it in February, and I really enjoyed it.

message 33: by Karen (new)

Karen J.S. wrote: "Shameless self-nomination:
The Land Beyond the Portal by J.S. Bailey

;)"

Someday it is going to be your book J.S. Do not give up.

message 34: by NancyInWI (new)

NancyInWI (nanckopf) | 37 comments Ordered it from Half.com for $1.87. I don't normally read this type of book, so it will be interesting to see how I feel about it. I'm looking forward to it.

message 35: by Beth, Head Librarian (new)

Beth | 2279 comments Mod
That's a great price, Nancy!

Well, I'm silly because I was searching the library for this one, and asking a friend that I thought might have it...then I found it on my own shelf! I bought it last year & then forgot that I had it :)

message 36: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Olson (girlsmama) | 694 comments I have done that before Beth , in fact I have even bought a book twice because I didn't remember buying it...oops!

message 37: by Beth, Head Librarian (new)

Beth | 2279 comments Mod
I think what happened is I won a copy of Bathsheba, then found the other two for a really good price...it's sad when you don't even know what books you have! Glad I'm not the only one to get loopy over books, Cheryl, haha.

message 38: by Loraine, CFD Momma (last edited Mar 25, 2013 10:04AM) (new)

Beth wrote: "I think what happened is I won a copy of Bathsheba, then found the other two for a really good price...it's sad when you don't even know what books you have! Glad I'm not the only one to get loopy ..."

Cheryl and Beth - just a thought maybe when you have a spare moment (heeheehee), you could make up a quick list on your computer of what books you own then you would be able to check it for Goodreads reads, when you are thinking about buying a new book, or just any old reason! I finally had to do this for the books for my grandson as I already had a lot as a retired teacher and didn't want to duplicate.

message 39: by N.M. (new)

N.M. (nmsotzek) | 15 comments When I packed all my books in anticipation of moving, I organized all of my books (fiction, non-fiction, bibles, antiques, etc) and made a list on my computer of what's in each box. I can find this book easily! Hurray, we're reading my nomination! :)

message 40: by Loraine, CFD Momma (new)

Nichole wrote: "When I packed all my books in anticipation of moving, I organized all of my books (fiction, non-fiction, bibles, antiques, etc) and made a list on my computer of what's in each box. I can find this..."

Wow - we'll all dub you Ms Organization of 2013!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.